Put those girls in the Wyoming hall of fame

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

as soon as the last one graduates. They cut down the nets and will hoist a banner. Doesn’t happen too often around here
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

It is pretty incredible to think that this women's team is the first one to win a MWC tourney at Wyoming. Joe had a lot of good teams over the years but they could never get over the hump. Hanna Zavecz and that 2007 team are in the hall of fame so I would presume this team will be there too.

I might be in the minority but outside of a few Shyatt teams, I have preferred watching Wyoming Women's basketball over the men because of the focus on the fundamentals.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:59 am It is pretty incredible to think that this women's team is the first one to win a MWC tourney at Wyoming. Joe had a lot of good teams over the years but they could never get over the hump. Hanna Zavecz and that 2007 team are in the hall of fame so I would presume this team will be there too.

I might be in the minority but outside of a few Shyatt teams, I have preferred watching Wyoming Women's basketball over the men because of the focus on the fundamentals.

I have a whole new appreciation for the women's game. It's played completely below the rim. They can't rely on their athletic ability to create shots so they move without the ball, they pass without dribbling, and they block out and shoot free throws better than the men.