Vigen to .... Montana State?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Bruce generally puts out vague tweets like this when the school is about ready to announce the person as the hire but not official.. so I would say it's safe to say that Vigen will be staying in Laramie. I heard conversation between Vigen and MSU cooled off this weekend.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

MrTitleist wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:07 pm Bruce generally puts out vague tweets like this when the school is about ready to announce the person as the hire but not official.. so I would say it's safe to say that Vigen will be staying in Laramie. I heard conversation between Vigen and MSU cooled off this weekend.
Somehow I'm not surprised. Welp, looks like 2021 will be a dud of a season. :roll: I'll be dead 50 years before we ever win a conference championship in football again. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Just testing the waters and our patience, if it's a bust in 2021 he'll wish he woulda gotten this job, we shall see, loyalty continues
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Does not appear that Vigen is in the top 4.
https://t.co/zW92rD9Q9V
ImageImageImageImage
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

stymeman wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:37 pm Interesting candidate, Jeff Fisher

https://footballscoop.com/news/jeff-fis ... ana-state/
That is interesting considering he coached in the pros.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

stymeman wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:37 pm Interesting candidate, Jeff Fisher

https://footballscoop.com/news/jeff-fis ... ana-state/
Fisher has more interest in the job than Montana State has in Fisher. Also, Fisher spends A LOT of time in Montana.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

We'll see if Bohl is putting pressure on Vigen or not. I'm guessing the latter.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:52 pm We'll see if Bohl is putting pressure on Vigen or not. I'm guessing the latter.
I wish it's the former. Might be the only way we can finally win a conference championship, the first outright one since 1988!!!!!!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Apparently Vigen to MSU is picking up again. He was on the MSU campus in "recent days." Please, please take him!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

PokeNer wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:58 am Apparently Vigen to MSU is picking up again. He was on the MSU campus in "recent days." Please, please take him!
The Cats coaching search is a disaster.. seems like they've been turned down at every stop so far. Kind of amazing.
ImageImageImageImage
PokeNer
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:07 pm
PokeNer wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:58 am Apparently Vigen to MSU is picking up again. He was on the MSU campus in "recent days." Please, please take him!
The Cats coaching search is a disaster.. seems like they've been turned down at every stop so far. Kind of amazing.
Yeah it is. Seems like a new name pops up every couple of days, just for them to turn down the job. Not sure how I'd feel if I was Vigen, as it seems like he may be their fallback choice. Oh well, hope they take him
PokeNer
Ranch Hand

It looks like the Vigen era is over. Now don't screw this hire up Bohl...we need to hit this out of the park

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources- ... ent-vigen/
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

Beat me to it... was about to post it... tough time of the year to get a quality coordinator.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:35 pm Beat me to it... was about to post it... tough time of the year to get a quality coordinator.
Agreed, but there has to be someone at the FCS level that is willing to make the jump and double or triple their salary. Can we tap back into the NDSU pipeline (although the O Line coach was a failure)?
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I think Vigen can make a good head coach. THe part of his job he seems to struggle with is the play calling so if that gets taken out of his hands he can be succesful I think. Will be a critical hire for us.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Vigen was one of the highest paid assistants in the league. Is there any chance we redistribute that money to the coaches that earn it. It would have been nice if we could have kept one of the guys that has been a successful defensive coordinator.

For a guy that values defense as much as Bohl, I'm surprised that a d.c. isn't our associate head coach.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Hope we're not calling for Bohl's job in two years because we just run, run, pass, punt all year long still.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

'PokeForLife wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:05 pm Hope we're not calling for Bohl's job in two years because we just run, run, pass, punt all year long still.
Yeah, that's my biggest concern as well. We have a pretty decent chunk of money to offer since Vigen was the highest paid assistant in the league. We need to make this hire count. Bohl has to know that if he misses on this hire and settles for someone that can't get the job done, his head is on the chopping block.

Bohl lost his scapegoat. He needs to hit a homerun.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:29 pm
'PokeForLife wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:05 pm Hope we're not calling for Bohl's job in two years because we just run, run, pass, punt all year long still.
Yeah, that's my biggest concern as well. We have a pretty decent chunk of money to offer since Vigen was the highest paid assistant in the league. We need to make this hire count. Bohl has to know that if he misses on this hire and settles for someone that can't get the job done, his head is on the chopping block.

Bohl lost his scapegoat. He needs to hit a homerun.
Exactly right, but it's 8 years in and it's time to see 8-4 or better, and a MW Title has to be in the sights in the next few years....I'm tired of medocrity