Bills vs. Rams on Fox right now.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

This will be a real test for Josh, although I have a feeling that if Josh does well the media will just say the Rams aren't that good.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Allen is getting plenty of credit so far. 2 TD passes, 1 TD run...

...and then Brian Hill scores for Falcons on a long run. Awww yisss!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Nice to hear them talk about "Josh Allen is the real deal." Getting a ton of kudos, and Wyoming being mentioned over and over again in a way that isn't negative is also nice.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Terrible call by the refs gave Josh his first INT of the season. His receiver caught the ball, CB wrestled with the receiver and they hit the ground together, and THEN the ball was wrestled away by the CB for the INT.

It really was a reception which would've been negated by a flag. Awful, and the commentators agree.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:05 pm Terrible call by the refs gave Josh his first INT of the season. His receiver caught the ball, CB wrestled with the receiver and they hit the ground together, and THEN the ball was wrestled away by the CB for the INT.

It really was a reception which would've been negated by a flag. Awful, and the commentators agree.
Yeah, that "INT" really turned the tides of the game for a good while. But Josh stepped up and once again, did Josh things to win the game!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:05 pm Terrible call by the refs gave Josh his first INT of the season. His receiver caught the ball, CB wrestled with the receiver and they hit the ground together, and THEN the ball was wrestled away by the CB for the INT.

I’m still baffled how the booth didn’t reverse this. It was clearly possessed in the air by the WR and then with the defender. At no point did the defender have clear possession of the ball which is required.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

On the positive side, there were a lot of great individual performances by our Alumni today. Login Wilson got his first INT, Brian Hill ran for 58 yards on 9 carries and added a catch for 22. Hollister also caught the 2pt Conversion pass for Seahawks on the final score.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Josh willed the Bills to victory.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

That was Josh's 10th game winning drive in 30 starts. People can talk all the poop they want about him. He's becoming the most clutch qb in the game.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:06 pm That was Josh's 10th game winning drive in 30 starts. People can talk all the Sh#t they want about him. He's becoming the most clutch qb in the game.
Yep. His biggest mistake today was honestly losing his temper and getting the personal foul. It's a weird rule that horsecollar doesn't exist for the quarterback in the pocket, and I can totally see why he was upset about it, thinking it was bullcrap.

His facemask penalty was kind of awesome, if somewhat dumb... he got out of the hole he dug for himself after that one, thankfully.

3 Games, 1,038 Yards passing, 10 TDs, 1 Int (and a BS one at that), 57 Yards rushing, 2 TDs.

Oh, and he's at over 70% completions. Not bad for the most overrated QB from his draft.
Meanwhile, the draft steal of the draft, Sam Darnold, sits at 62% completions, 3 TDs, 4 Ints, 562 yards (and 33 rushing). To be fair, he's a Jets player, but Bills haven't exactly been world beaters either in the past.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Smeller
Buckaroo
Has liked: 41 times

Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

I'm so bummed about covid not being able to go to games. their isn't many games where the bills will be in Denver, really wanted to go watch him this year.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Aaron Donald is the only person who can actually bring Allen down. Literally nobody else has brought him down 1 v 1 -- It takes the perennial best defensive player in the league.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:37 am Aaron Donald is the only person who can actually bring Allen down. Literally nobody else has brought him down 1 v 1 -- It takes the perennial best defensive player in the league.
I love how Josh routinely, with minimal effort, stiff arms LBs to the turf like gnats while scanning the field. It's incredible to behold
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Mtpoke89 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:42 am I'm so bummed about covid not being able to go to games. their isn't many games where the bills will be in Denver, really wanted to go watch him this year.
I'm hoping I can see him play in Phoenix in November.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

He finally got over the Vigen-coached 110 mph fastball on a rope regardless of circumstance.

With the right coaching, Josh has developed a nice touch and good footwork. I'm so happy for him. Great story and hard working kid. Just awesome!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.