COVID-19 - v2

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Down here in AZ we are a s@it show. Over 3,000 new cases just yesterday. Masks are now required. It will be interesting to see how many people wear them correctly when it's 110° out every day.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

phxpoke wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:39 am Down here in AZ we are a s@it show. Over 3,000 new cases just yesterday. Masks are now required. It will be interesting to see how many people wear them correctly when it's 110° out every day.
People here in Longmont have been fairly responsible with them, which is good. I think people generally realize that without people being responsible, we're going to end up all going back inside again.

Hope you're doing alright despite COVID and fires and heat.

Also, guess Phillies shut down their spring training facilities in Florida because of infected players too? Maybe teams should stick to practicing and keeping players in locations where it's already gone through... At this point, New York might not be the worst place to be.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:23 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:06 pm If COVID doesn't ruin fall sports, politics will.
Yep. All because the Democrats hate Trump because amongst, other things,....he's NOT a politician!!!!!! :roll:

This coming election in November is going to be damned interesting.
I know. He makes politicians look honest.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:20 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:06 pm If COVID doesn't ruin fall sports, politics will.
Yep. All because the Democrats hate Trump because amongst, other things,....he's NOT a politician!!!!!! :roll:

I know hence why Democrats hate his guts.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:04 am I know hence why Democrats hate his guts.
You don't have to be a Democrat to be incredibly uncomfortable with a lot of what's going on.

I do think that on the positive side, maybe there'll be a ton of safeguards introduced to make sure neither party allows for a President meddling with those intended to keep him accountable for his actions.

All that said, anybody got anything positive to share re: COVID? It would be nice to have that side of things rather than continued news about how it's starting to explode again.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:09 am
Wyokie wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:04 am I know hence why Democrats hate his guts.
You don't have to be a Democrat to be incredibly uncomfortable with a lot of what's going on.

I do think that on the positive side, maybe there'll be a ton of safeguards introduced to make sure neither party allows for a President meddling with those intended to keep him accountable for his actions.

All that said, anybody got anything positive to share re: COVID? It would be nice to have that side of things rather than continued news about how it's starting to explode again.
I read a recent WSJ article that examines the use of face shields instead of masks. They may be more effective than masks. Plus, I think it's less sacrifice from a breathing and comfort standpoint, not to mention speaking. Maybe it would allow people to attend sporting events and other indoor activities more freely.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020052 ... vent-covid
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yet deaths keep going down.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:10 pm Yet deaths keep going down.
Number of new cases was steadily trending down and then suddenly it jumped from just over 16k new cases a day on June 8 to 32k new cases yesterday. If that's not a temporary spike, deaths will jump again as well, though obviously it's on a ~2 week delay.

Arizona, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, California, and Texas are the big culprits.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:20 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:10 pm Yet deaths keep going down.
Number of new cases was steadily trending down and then suddenly it jumped from just over 16k new cases a day on June 8 to 32k new cases yesterday. If that's not a temporary spike, deaths will jump again as well, though obviously it's on a ~2 week delay.

Arizona, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, California, and Texas are the big culprits.
I doubt it
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Here's a link to a video taken by a fluid dynamicist and mechanical engineer at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). If you scroll down a bit you'll see the video. It shows what wearing a mask can do. Pretty amazing stuff.

https://www.nist.gov/blogs/taking-measu ... ad-disease
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:22 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:20 pm deaths will jump again

I doubt it
I hope you're right.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

I think its positive that a lot of young people are getting it. Seriously, lets get it done and over with. As soon as a ton of people get it, the faster this thing cools down -- not because we know that there is perfect immunity after having it, but because the second time we get it it will be much more mild. People can stop being wussies, medical education can resume, and maybe there will be at least one thing people can stop arguing about.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:12 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:22 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:20 pm deaths will jump again

I doubt it
I hope you're right.
It's mainly young people getting infected, so deaths are just not likely to jump simply based on age.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Went to Medicine Park, Oklahoma yesterday which is in the southwest part of the state near Lawton and NOT a single person was seen wearing a mask. Lots of people enjoying the outdoor stuff. My parents and I were the only ones there wearing masks. And people wonder why cases have spiked like crazy here. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

E-mail from the Dean of Engineering

WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:20 am

Trump - the old guy that will try to play kindergarten games with everyone to get them mad at each other so he can get into power. Now he has to be re-elected and everyone is a bit older and smarter.

Biden - the old guy that nobody seems to understand - he makes a ton of gaffs, is he okay to be president?

We are f-word. Write in Wyobrandx. At least I'll fund football and basketball at wyo
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

This isn't so positive. And I'm just speculating on this a bit. Have you considered how dirty we are as a population?

Active Pandemics:
Covid-19 - thats what everyone is talking about.
HIV - its a good thing this one isn't spread through the air - because we would all have it. Seriously, if this was spread through the air, we'd have 10 people on earth who weren't affected.
HPV - see the HIV note - we are lucky you actually have to take your pants off to get this one Yet if it were passed through the air, we would not only be on lockdown, well, hopefully a doctor speaks up.

Regardless - just don't eat bat soup, you won't start a global pandemic

And - wash your hands - cover your face. And treat your fellow americans well.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WyoBrandX wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 pm Regardless - just don't eat bat soup, you won't start a global pandemic.
LOL Sadly, you couldn't say that about the Black Death in the late 1340s. That one was caused by fleas riding on the backs of rats coming into Europe from Asia.

We still have no idea how the Spanish Flu got started.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WyoBrandX wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:21 pm Biden - the old guy that nobody seems to understand - he makes a ton of gaffs, is he okay to be president?
Biden reminds me of the creepy old grandpa no one wants their under-aged kids near. A lot of people thinks he has the beginnings of dementia.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:05 pm
WyoBrandX wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:21 pm Biden - the old guy that nobody seems to understand - he makes a ton of gaffs, is he okay to be president?
Biden reminds me of the creepy old grandpa no one wants their under-aged kids near. A lot of people thinks he has the beginnings of dementia.
Imagine if four years ago, people had realized that while yes, Kasich was boring as hell, he was also intelligent and knew how to work both sides of the political spectrum.

I'm pretty damn sure he would've deserved my vote for another four years over the two current candidates.