Cowboy Football 2020 Articles/Videos/Tweets

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I, uh, think we're going to run the ball this year. lol!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:04 am I, uh, think we're going to run the ball this year. lol!
If the O line stays healthy, I think it is possible a new single season rushing record could be established by Valladay. In 2016 Brian Hill ran for 1860 yards. I think Valladay could break the 2,000 yard mark this year. Gonna be fun to watch.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Listed at 6-foot-5, Levi clearly has the frame to sport a sturdy build. At the end of 2019, he weighed around 210 pounds. But he knew that, in order to reach his full potential, he needed muscle. So, over the past three months while at home, Levi worked. And worked. And worked some more. A total of six or seven hours of working out per day, with three of those spent lifting at a neighbor’s gym, according to his father.

Article link: https://www.wyosports.net/university_of ... 02820.html
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

CowboyNV wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:20 am
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:04 am I, uh, think we're going to run the ball this year. lol!
If the O line stays healthy, I think it is possible a new single season rushing record could be established by Valladay. In 2016 Brian Hill ran for 1860 yards. I think Valladay could break the 2,000 yard mark this year. Gonna be fun to watch.
Hopefully X won't find himself as our only legitimate running threat this year. I think that's one reason he had such a big year last year.

This year X, Swen, Smith, both of our running qb's, and a new running back are all going to get a lot of runs. Dawaain McNeeley is the new back I'm excited for. Logan Wilson mentioned him before the draft and I thought he looked really good on tape out of high school.

With 4 legit backs, 2 rushing QBs, 2 deep at every position on the line, 3 tight ends at 6'6", two new 6'4" wide receivers.....we should mangle people in the running game.

I don't know if X will get the same amount of chances this year. We might have three different guys get 1000 yards, but I don't expect X to have to be the only running threat for half the season.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:41 pm
Hopefully X won't find himself as our only legitimate running threat this year. I think that's one reason he had such a big year last year.

This year X, Swen, Smith, both of our running qb's, and a new running back are all going to get a lot of runs. Dawaain McNeeley is the new back I'm excited for. Logan Wilson mentioned him before the draft and I thought he looked really good on tape out of high school.

With 4 legit backs, 2 rushing QBs, 2 deep at every position on the line, 3 tight ends at 6'6", two new 6'4" wide receivers.....we should mangle people in the running game.

I don't know if X will get the same amount of chances this year. We might have three different guys get 1000 yards, but I don't expect X to have to be the only running threat for half the season.
100% as long as we're not decimated with injuries, no way does X get near the rushing record. IMO, Swen was progressing himself into the #1 role before he went down. Either way our top 3 backs all bring a different skill set that could work in any given day: X the light straight ahead speedy back, Swen the short scatback, and Trey the power back. It's the deepest backfield I can remember.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

PokeNer wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:41 pm

100% as long as we're not decimated with injuries, no way does X get near the rushing record. IMO, Swen was progressing himself into the #1 role before he went down. Either way our top 3 backs all bring a different skill set that could work in any given day: X the light straight ahead speedy back, Swen the short scatback, and Trey the power back. It's the deepest backfield I can remember.
Logan Wilson said McNeely will have an impact this year as well. He redshirted last year. He's got good size at 6'2" and he looked really fast out of a California high school.

With two 6'4" receivers on the outside our blocking will improve this year on outside runs.

Levi is 240 so he'll get more runs.

I think we have 6 legitimate running threats with the best offensive line we've had since Roach was our head coach.

We need some injury luck, but it would be hard to see X breaking the record with 6 guys sharing the load in the running game.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:33 pm
PokeNer wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 pm 100% as long as we're not decimated with injuries, no way does X get near the rushing record. IMO, Swen was progressing himself into the #1 role before he went down. Either way our top 3 backs all bring a different skill set that could work in any given day: X the light straight ahead speedy back, Swen the short scatback, and Trey the power back. It's the deepest backfield I can remember.
Logan Wilson said McNeely will have an impact this year as well. He redshirted last year. He's got good size at 6'2" and he looked really fast out of a California high school.

With two 6'4" receivers on the outside our blocking will improve this year on outside runs.

I think we have 6 legitimate running threats with the best offensive line we've had since Roach was our head coach.

We need some injury luck, but it would be hard to see X breaking the record with 6 guys sharing the load in the running game.
:rofl:
I would love for there to be some outside runs, but....... Vigen.
I do think we're in for a season full of a whole lotta rushing yards though. Just in between the tackles.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

'PokeForLife wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:01 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:33 pm
PokeNer wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 pm 100% as long as we're not decimated with injuries, no way does X get near the rushing record. IMO, Swen was progressing himself into the #1 role before he went down. Either way our top 3 backs all bring a different skill set that could work in any given day: X the light straight ahead speedy back, Swen the short scatback, and Trey the power back. It's the deepest backfield I can remember.

:rofl:
I would love for there to be some outside runs, but....... Vigen.
I do think we're in for a season full of a whole lotta rushing yards though. Just in between the tackles.
Maybe we didn't call student body left or right because we had little quick guys on the outside. Now that we have bigger Wide Linemen(most schools call them wide receivers), we might see more outside runs.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Dodd in the Gem City.......

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Sucks that Pat Arnold won't be playing this year. That's a hit to our OL depth.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:14 pm Sucks that Pat Arnold won't be playing this year. That's a hit to our OL depth.
If there is one area of our team that can take the depth hit this season, it is the O line. His GPA will be what is missed the most.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Part of the custom edits now being sent to current football recruits. NFL Analyst Mike Mayock made these comments during Josh's pro day in Laramie.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

The road to hosting the MWC Championship Game will run through Laramie.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict