COVID-19 - v2

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

How are you guys doing? I'm hardly able to breath these days. I hope everyone is well.

Thanks - Wyobrandx
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I hope you have a quick recovery and that it doesn't stick around for too long in your body. Do you have an oximeter, and if so, what do your values look like?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Hang in there, man. Hoping for a speedy recovery. The only person I know that had it confirmed and hospitalized had a rough week or so but then recovered relatively quickly to be up moving, doing light chores, etc.

Keep us posted and get well!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Good luck with it, and get better soon!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Dude! Get better! I always enjoy our nerd chats.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Kids not as unaffected as first thought;
https://www.yahoo.com/news/three-childr ... 00036.html
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:52 pm Kids not as unaffected as first thought;
https://www.yahoo.com/news/three-childr ... 00036.html
Associated with or caused by? No evidence of the latter. 3 kids out of hundreds of thousands that have had COVID but the virus causes it? Not holding my breath for this to be conclusively confirmed.

SD has it right. Election year fear is driving decisions now.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I guess it got the board. It's so hard to see now.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Who the f-word cares! We underate breathing. Breathing requires a good atmosphere! Lets thank god for what we got.

I'll tell you what though - we treat our atmosphere like a sewer. We should never do that. Breathing easy is nice. Theres a f-word out there that can't breathe worth a damn. Theres also a afew that can.

Remember, this world is full of and composed of people. Without them, there's alot we couldn't do. Take a few minutes and give some time to the people that were left behind.

And remember, we can only assemble freely when we have all the resources we need. Our atmospheric intake (breath it in), our energy from plants, our need for water. We can grow when we have that. We can screw up alot more. And we do.

Regardless - the next best corner is the one that involves people face to face.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Has anybody seen the tool that lets you go state by state to see how infections, percentages of positive tests, deaths, etc. are evolving? Really cool to see, and weird also to see how very different results have been in different states.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

The states hit hard early on are recovering, meanwhile the Bible Belt and other places are now getting nailed by it.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:01 pm The states hit hard early on are recovering, meanwhile the Bible Belt and other places are now getting nailed by it.
Dumb question, but is Florida considered Bible Belt? Either way, they're up an insane amount in new cases the past couple of weeks.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:53 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:01 pm The states hit hard early on are recovering, meanwhile the Bible Belt and other places are now getting nailed by it.
Dumb question, but is Florida considered Bible Belt? Either way, they're up an insane amount in new cases the past couple of weeks.
My wife and I are at our home in Florida, and I can tell you the reason for the spike is the complete disregard for wearing masks, or attempting to social distance. We tried to go over to Cocoa Beach to watch the SpaceX launch, and it was literally hundreds of thousands of people crammed into really packed places, most without masks and literally on top of each other. It looked like a spring break orgy but most everyone was clothed. We decided it would not be prudent for us to stick around so we just turned the car around and headed home.

We try to wear a mask in public, as much for other people's protection as our own, but I would say the majority of people in Florida just don't care and do what they want. Florida will be a test case for herd immunity - to see if that theory actually will work with COVID-19. Here's a pretty good site that tracks the daily numbers for each state. Florida is setting records.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

The average age of infection in FL is plummeting. Meaning that healthy, young people are getting and building herd immunity.It's a good thing.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:26 pm The average age of infection in FL is plummeting. Meaning that healthy, young people are getting and building herd immunity.It's a good thing.
That's a bit too early to tell. Unlike something like measles or whooping cough, herd immunity may not truly be a thing with COVID, and having it re-spread could also lead to mutations. Obviously, just like regular flu, those mutations could be caught with the same vaccines as the ones we're developing, or they may not be.

Similarly, nothing says the mutations that stick (if there are any at all) will behave the same way and mostly target the elderly. The second wave of Spanish Flu hit young and healthy people too, wheras the first wave did not.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Welp, the NHL was all set to ramp up for an isolated playoffs in Vegas, and now there's a bunch of infected players in Florida (Tampa), and also Auston Matthews (plays for Toronto, but got infected in Arizona). Tampa Bay had to shut down their phase 2 practices because of it.

Definitely wonder if there'll be a playoffs after all... the way Texas, Florida, parts of California, and Arizona (6,000 cases in the last couple of days!) are getting hit now, maybe Fauci was right and there won't be sports at all this Fall.

Dammit.

Hell, Boulder County's become a hot spot too after a bunch of CU students on the Hill wouldn't be careful while partying. Colorado was down to almost no new infections, and then... ruined.

And a young woman in Lafayette just tested positive for Corona for the second time. She first tested positive at the end of April. Apparently she never got antibodies?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:32 pm Welp, the NHL was all set to ramp up for an isolated playoffs in Vegas, and now there's a bunch of infected players in Florida (Tampa), and also Auston Matthews (plays for Toronto, but got infected in Arizona). Tampa Bay had to shut down their phase 2 practices because of it.

Definitely wonder if there'll be a playoffs after all... the way Texas, Florida, parts of California, and Arizona (6,000 cases in the last couple of days!) are getting hit now, maybe Fauci was right and there won't be sports at all this Fall.

Dammit.

Hell, Boulder County's become a hot spot too after a bunch of CU students on the Hill wouldn't be careful while partying. Colorado was down to almost no new infections, and then... ruined.

And a young woman in Lafayette just tested positive for Corona for the second time. She first tested positive at the end of April. Apparently she never got antibodies?
Plus 23 Clemson football players tested positive as well. We may not get a college football season.

Never mind what the hell MLB is doing. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

If COVID doesn't ruin fall sports, politics will.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:06 pm If COVID doesn't ruin fall sports, politics will.
Yep. All because the Democrats hate Trump because amongst, other things,....he's NOT a politician!!!!!! :roll:

This coming election in November is going to be damned interesting.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!