NCAA Tournament to Be Played in Empty Arenas

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Damn this could have been our year given our significant experience with empty arenas over the past few seasons.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:50 pm Damn this could have been our year given our significant experience with empty arenas over the past few seasons.
True. Except we lost every home conference game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

This is dumb. Anything short of quarantining everyone to their homes for many weeks will fail to stop the spread of the virus. It's inevitable. Cancelling these events might slow the spread of the virus, but it's only delaying the inevitable. If you're old, weak, fat, in poor health or otherwise susceptible to death by this virus then it's on YOU to stay away. :twocents:
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Well anyway, those tournament teams will know what it felt like to play in the AA this year.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Think they will probably end up canceling the NCAA tournament now that the NBA is suspended. If one college player test positive for the virus I can almost guarantee it will be canceled or at least suspended.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
American Horse
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:35 pm This is dumb. Anything short of quarantining everyone to their homes for many weeks will fail to stop the spread of the virus. It's inevitable. Cancelling these events might slow the spread of the virus, but it's only delaying the inevitable. If you're old, weak, fat, in poor health or otherwise susceptible to death by this virus then it's on YOU to stay away. :twocents:
EXACTLY RIGHT!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:57 pm Well anyway, those tournament teams will know what it felt like to play in the AA this year.
Sad, but true
:cry:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:27 pm Think they will probably end up canceling the NCAA tournament now that the NBA is suspended. If one college player test positive for the virus I can almost guarantee it will be canceled or at least suspended.
Just saw that Rudy Gobert has the virus. So probably lots of NBA players already have it. It's impossible to stop!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:35 pm This is dumb. Anything short of quarantining everyone to their homes for many weeks will fail to stop the spread of the virus. It's inevitable. Cancelling these events might slow the spread of the virus, but it's only delaying the inevitable. If you're old, weak, fat, in poor health or otherwise susceptible to death by this virus then it's on YOU to stay away. :twocents:
That's the point though. No one is trying to stop the virus spreading, that's virtually impossible. What they ARE trying to do is slow the spread so medical services aren't overrun. If 10 million people need hospitalized in the next 2-4 weeks, hospitals will be overrun and a lot more people will die. If that same 10 million hospitalized is spread out over 6 months, medical services will have a better chance to keep up.

Having said all that, I do agree that things are being blown our of proportion. If you are immunocompromised or over 65... stay home.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:56 pm
That's the point though. No one is trying to stop the virus spreading, that's virtually impossible. What they ARE trying to do is slow the spread so medical services aren't overrun. If 10 million people need hospitalized in the next 2-4 weeks, hospitals will be overrun and a lot more people will die. If that same 10 million hospitalized is spread out over 6 months, medical services will have a better chance to keep up.

Having said all that, I do agree that things are being blown our of proportion. If you are immunocompromised or over 65... stay home.
Beat me to it. The whole point is to slow the spread of it.

I disagree about it being overblown. Its a serious thing. Sure I'm verrrrry unlikely to die from it but I could spread it to someone who will. The people making the decisions have to make those decisions over cautiously. You don't want to be the guy who made a decision and ends up getting many people sick. If they do their job right it will look like it was over kill and blown way out of proportion but the thing is we won't know what these decisions(suspend NBA, no crowds etc) have had on slowing the spread and saving lives.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:50 pm Damn this could have been our year given our significant experience with empty arenas over the past few seasons.
Lmao that’s gold. Well done.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Won't be played at all most likely now. Many schools are shutting down all sports.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Yeah, I am expecting it to be cancelled as well. Wyoming 3A/4A Basketball and Speech and Debate state events have been cancelled. With all the conference tourneys being cancelled, and then the insurance side I don't see it being played.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Sports???? What's that we arent gonna see for awhile