Does this putrid beatdown bother anyone?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I get that they're good. We don't have ACS. I understand. But is this the best effort we can come up with? Is the offense ever going to get anything going? 6 games into the year and we've scored fewer than 21 pts in each of the last 5 games. Truly unwatchable.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

i agree its like we didnt even try... only 17 pass attempts? idk we should be better then this i am disappointed
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

It was ugly...but what I expected, ACS or not. They are a legit team, and I didn't expect to hang with them. With the exception of the one int and couple of sacks, Dax didn't do too bad. The TCU D took out all our receivers. I think we tried to run too much on them, especially without ACS. Th :twocents: oughts?
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Our offense can't fight their way out of a wet paper sack and the defense is ... well ... a disgrace we can't stop anybody that can run the ball, we need to start playing inspired football or it is going to be a long season
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
69er
Ranch Hand

Was at the game. TCU really let up even some subs late in 2nd Q so the "beatdown" could've been a lot worse if Patterson believed in running up the score (which is what helps a team move up in the BCS system).
Yeah the loss or "beatdown" bothers me and my friends that I'm with.

Right now we are heading over to Ford to watch Tulsa at SMU. SMU gave TCU a fight so it's interesting to see what happens.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

69er wrote:TCU really let up even some subs late in 2nd Q so the "beatdown" could've been a lot worse if Patterson believed in running up the score (which is what helps a team move up in the BCS system).
Actually, running up the score is one thing, but there is no difference between 45-0 and 85-0 in the computer rankings. There's a huge difference between 21-0 and 45-0, though... it's just the way the algorithm works...
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

This season is becoming awfully painful to watch. I can't stand these games where it doesn't seems that the coaches don't even believe we can win. No enthusiasm, no imagination, no offense, and pathetic D. Have we thrown the ball beyond 10 yards all year (not counting trick plays)? Why don't we run the screens that we had in the playbook last year? How about the quick slants?

At least the schedule gets easier from here on out...hopefully the team's morale hasn't been completely destroyed.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

btw,

I owe hellbass a beer or something. When he posted ACS didn't travel, I jumped on bodog and bet TCU before they took it off the board. :thumb:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

We didn't score.. but at the same time, we're right where we thought we would be.. 2-4 six games in. We could have had a win over AFA, but it didn't happen.. disappointing score today, with or without ACS.
ImageImageImageImage
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Ya it sucks to get blown out but did I expect more wins at this point? Not really and thats not saying I didn't have my hopes up that we could beat tcu airforce and boise ( should have beat airforce and I thought we would actually try some crazy poop against tcu). Ya i am a little down but what happened last year, with similar games? We got our asses beat by tcu, byu, colorado, and texas. This year we got our asses beat by texas, boise, and tcu. That is three less ass beatings so far (utah might beat us down but we play them tough and they are in laramie). Basically I don't see us getting blown out again this year and actually have a chance to win every game (probably wont win every game SDSU looks tough and Utah could blow us out). We will be competive and that looks like progress to me (is that were I wish wyo could be? No but progress none the same).
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

and I think Marty needs to be fired there is no excuse for his pathetic defensive schemes. Why can't we have some kind of blitz? The 4-3 is dumb if we can't blitz at least with 3-4 you could run stunt blitzes. My point is Marty sucks really bad and we need to hire a new DC I wouldn't mind if it happened tomorow.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

You can't have Breske back. He's kicking too much ass up here.

But seriously.. this 4-3 needs to start getting to the QB at some point..
ImageImageImageImage
23handicap
Buckaroo

I'm still on the fire Marty English bandwagon.
msuhunter
Ranch Hand

No. Wyoming isn't a good team. Wyoming has several good players but the team is not. Fortunately the bottom half of the MWC is like the bottom half of the WAC, so a few more victories shouldn't be too much to ask for. However, 119th(out of 120) is a terrible terrible statistic for total offense.
HellBass
Buckaroo

Glad I could help you win some money Bladerunnr...too bad it had to come from betting against the POKES! Ah well...we were at the exact same point last season and won a bowl game. The year is far from over.
Powder River, Let 'er Buck!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

This is getting unwatchable. The defense applies zero pressure on the QB, does nothing but rush the front 4 who can't get to the QB. In turn our secondary can't stay with anyone. The offense is bland and cannot move the ball outside of one or two tricks per game. The team just doesn't look like they are competing. I understand we're going to lose this game, but jesus, is this the best product we have out there????

Somebody needs to light a fire under this team, because we aren't going to beat anyone playing this kind of uninspired football.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

MrTitleist wrote:You can't have Breske back. He's kicking too much ass up here.

But seriously.. this 4-3 needs to start getting to the QB at some point..
Give him back, dammit!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Hey, last year we were shut out in three games. This is the first, and it was played at the best team in the conferences field. Giv'em a break! I don't think anyone is going to beat TCU for a few years at TCU.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

It really doesn't bother me and here is why. Look at the talent we have in our senior and junior classes. Very little. Thank you Joe Glenn. 67 scholarships, thank you Joe Glenn. One full year of recruiting, getting a system in place with players that can play in that system will take time, a lot of time. Take a look at what Mike Stoops did in Arizona. 2004 3-8, 2005 3-8, 2006 6-6, 2007 5-7, 2008 8-5, 2009 8-5, 2010 a team with a top 10 ranking. Stanford's Jim Harbaugh record in 2007 4-8, 2008 5-7, 2009 8-5, 2010, they are really good. DC has been here a year and a half, and what has he done? Well lets see, went to a bowl game and won, beat every team that we should beat and lost to every team that we should have, yea the BEATDOWNS suck, but I have complete faith in this coach that he will bring a winning program to Laramie. No doubt about it. It will happen, two more years GO POKES.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

Yep. Nobody likes to get stomped, but we need to have some patience (a lot of patience) right now. It is even more difficult because we haven't been good in any men's sports for a long time now. Wyoming fans are at the point of being fed up with it and they are looking for someone to throw under the bus. I think DC is the right man and will bring our football program back to competing at a high level and one we can be proud of.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.