Utah State

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Who was the brainiac that set this up for 9pm in Laramie, end of January, struggling with crowds etc....will hafta think hard about going to this one, hmmmm would be fun to see Merrill one last time at AA
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Maybe they think that if it's at 9 p.m. no one will notice when they lose by 30...which is around the number of people who will be in the stands.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

I had not heard about this but seems pretty dumb to me. I do have a question about the "..struggling with crowds..." I was not at the Bakersfield dual but my son was. He told me there was a good crowd at that dual. Was he wrong? Am I missing something? Please explain as I live quite a ways away and would like to know.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

American Horse wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:12 am I had not heard about this but seems pretty dumb to me. I do have a question about the "..struggling with crowds..." I was not at the Bakersfield dual but my son was. He told me there was a good crowd at that dual. Was he wrong? Am I missing something? Please explain as I live quite a ways away and would like to know.
I believe Stymie was referring to the crowds at the basketball games. Most nights it looks like less than 1000 in attendance.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Basketball in Laramie at 9pm with sparse crowds and a struggling team too boot, ill stay home and watch on ESPNU me thinks
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Thanks guys. I understand now. I thought the reference was to the wrestling crowd. I must admit I don't follow basketball very closely so wouldn't know about that. In any event this 9:00 pm start time does seem really stupid. Does anyone know the reason for it?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Nor do I wrestling (sorry), ESPNU is probably the reason
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

American Horse wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:44 am Thanks guys. I understand now. I thought the reference was to the wrestling crowd. I must admit I don't follow basketball very closely so wouldn't know about that. In any event this 9:00 pm start time does seem really stupid. Does anyone know the reason for it?
Utah State doesn't have a wrestling team. I believe you were confusing Utah Valley State and Utah State. The UVSU wrestling dual was held in Green River and I believe it sold out. Green River loves its wrestling!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Popped in to watch the game and was quickly reminded why that was a bad idea....
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:30 pm Popped in to watch the game and was quickly reminded why that was a bad idea....
When your starting 5 scores a total of 21 points in the game, and 14 of those come from one guy...well, you aren't going to win many games like that. This team is as bad as Moe's 1973-1974 team (and I was around to watch that bunch too). I'm not sure this is the worst team in history, but it definitely ranks in the top 3 (along with last year's 8 win squad). Pitiful. Another stellar hire from Burman (I need the sarcasm font here), and another nail in the coffin that was Cowboy basketball.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
braves84
Buckaroo

Attendance numbers all across the country is a joke, according to ESPN there was over 3,000 people there. On television it literally looked like hundreds.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

What happened there at the end? I missed it
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Awful and painful I left with 6:43 left, got back to Cheyenne 11:15pm, not a good shooting night, maybe 2500, maybe
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

We have no discernible plan on offense. I'm so tired of watching it.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:40 am We have no discernible plan on offense. I'm so tired of watching it.
I'll try and explain it to you from a different perspective. We have no size, and therefore, no post up threats. Not one player on the team is really capable of creating his own shot. Teams guard us on the perimeter so we can't get open looks from the outside. We try to run guys off screens but teams just switch because we can't create any mismatches on the switches. So we are forced to throw up wild threes to beat the shot clock.
The talent level on this team has dramatically declined each year of the AE era. Why posters on this board think there is mid conference level talent on this team is beyond my comprehension. Only a few players on the current team would ever see the floor on any other team in this conference.