UNLV

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Apparently this site has lost all interest in Cowboy basketball. Pokes ahead of Rebels in second half and not a single post. I gotta admit I just happened to come across the score by accident.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I've been watching and I think UNLV has even worse coaches than Wyoming. UNLV seems to have better athletes, but they sure as heck don't know how to play with any consistency. Pokes just might win this one, up by 3 with 3:30 left in the game.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

Wyoming goes up by 6 with 1:36 to go on a Hendricks' three and the crowd of 186 people goes wild.......
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

OT, 4 missed FT at end, i decided not to go
ZapPoke
Cowpoke

Ok, losing in OT
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Jake missed 2 more, PATHETIC
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

PATHETIC LOSS
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

Pokes out rebounded 52 to 28. They could have won this down the stretch by simply hitting a free throw. This team knows how to lose, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory game after game after game. What a sorry f-word mess.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

This just confirms what I have observed all season - Hendricks is VERY unreliable.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Judging by the crowd everyone has lost interest in them.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Brutal loss
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I listened to this game off and on and was feeling like we might win. When I saw the final score, I was not surprised.
W-Y, Until I Die!
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Game was on at the local bowling alley in Montana. Staff changed the channel shortly after UNLV ties it 63-63. I didn’t protest.
52-56
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Hendricks was good last year this year what the hell, this shows the lack of focus this team has or doesn't, 1 more win rest of the way, and even that's doubtful as well, sad sad way of not getting it done
ZapPoke
Cowpoke

Wow. You have to go back almost 50 years to find a Cowboy team with a worse record than this team. 73-74 Pokes only had 4 wins. This team is barely doing better than that. How sad.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:32 pm Wow. You have to go back almost 50 years to find a Cowboy team with a worse record than this team. 73-74 Pokes only had 4 wins. This team is barely doing better than that. How sad.
One of those wins Wyoming is counting is over Nebraska Wesleyan University, a Division III school. How they can count that is beyond me. So discounting that win, they are equal to the 73-74 Pokes. Ugh....
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:41 pm Apparently this site has lost all interest in Cowboy basketball. Pokes ahead of Rebels in second half and not a single post. I gotta admit I just happened to come across the score by accident.
I think that it is more than just this site. The attendance had to be <1000 for the game. Good weather, Saturday late afternoon start, decent opponent. Sad state of affairs.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

The fanbase in Wyoming is fanatical. it's rabid. But I don't think the fan base wants to traverse the state to care more about the game at hand than the brown and gold team playing in it. Whether that is perception or reality, I dont know, but this team looks like they don't give a damn about basketball. They don't look coached, they don't look engaged and they rarely play as a team. This, way more than the losing, is why I gave up my tickets this season. I am not going to pay that $$$ to feel more invested in the games than the team.

If Burman can hire a coach who COACHES and can bring this team together to start playing competitive basketball, the fans will return. But not until then.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:57 am The fanbase in Wyoming is fanatical. it's rabid. But I don't think the fan base wants to traverse the state to care more about the game at hand than the brown and gold team playing in it. Whether that is perception or reality, I dont know, but this team looks like they don't give a damn about basketball. They don't look coached, they don't look engaged and they rarely play as a team. This, way more than the losing, is why I gave up my tickets this season. I am not going to pay that $$$ to feel more invested in the games than the team.

If Burman can hire a coach who COACHES and can bring this team together to start playing competitive basketball, the fans will return. But not until then.
I'm all in again next year when we have a new coach.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:57 am The fanbase in Wyoming is fanatical. it's rabid. But I don't think the fan base wants to traverse the state to care more about the game at hand than the brown and gold team playing in it. Whether that is perception or reality, I dont know, but this team looks like they don't give a damn about basketball. They don't look coached, they don't look engaged and they rarely play as a team. This, way more than the losing, is why I gave up my tickets this season. I am not going to pay that $$$ to feel more invested in the games than the team.

That's a smear on the players that's really unjustified. I've seen this team play and they play hard. Why can't posters on this board ever accept the fact that we don't have the talent? There were posters who thought TVW was going to end up at csewe or another D1 program. Let me clue you in: Other than Maldanoado, there's not a player on our team who would see the floor on most of the teams in this conference.
John Wooden himself couldn't do anything with this group. So stop claiming they just need coached up. It just ignores reality.