With Mike Leach leavin....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Read thru some of these coaches, i know it won't happen but whaaaaaa???
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/ ... ace-mike-/
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

I don't see it happening. Their current roster is geared for an air raid offense, so they will hire someone with familiarity to that or something similar. Also, Bohl does not have prior ties to WSU or the Northwest.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

No way Bohl leaves for WSU. :twocents:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Never say never tho....only if the Scott Frost experiment doesnt work at NEB is the only place i see us losing him too, we shall see
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Alex Grinch was an assistant here at one point.
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

marcuswyo wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:57 pm Alex Grinch was an assistant here at one point.
Christensen's CB coach?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I hope he wouldn't be a serious candidate but I like Bohl more than about everyone on that list.
Honestly, I think Vigen and the offense help buffer serious looks from the P5.

One name I'm surprised doesn't come up more is Jeff Fisher. Put him at HC (large defensive oversight) paired with a good OC and I think it would be worth a shot.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think Harsin makes sense. Honesty, I just want BSU to lose a coach and then hire the wrong guy like Wyoming did and take decades to recoup.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Why in the world would Harsin leave Boise for Washington state... that's almost a lateral move. Sure, he'd make more money there, or he could wait another year or 2 and get a legit Big 5 job.

Boise is the place that coaches leave to go to Washington, Michigan, Texas, etc., not Washinton state, Rutgers etc.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:44 pm Why in the world would Harsin leave Boise for Washington state... that's almost a lateral move. Sure, he'd make more money there, or he could wait another year or 2 and get a legit Big 5 job.

Boise is the place that coaches leave to go to Washington, Michigan, Texas, etc., not Washinton state, Rutgers etc.
That game tomorrow night.... Harsin would have an ACTUAL chance at playing in it.....
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:24 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:44 pm Why in the world would Harsin leave Boise for Washington state... that's almost a lateral move. Sure, he'd make more money there, or he could wait another year or 2 and get a legit Big 5 job.

That game tomorrow night.... Harsin would have an ACTUAL chance at playing in it.....
At Wazzu? No he wouldn't. (I know what you're getting at i.e. access) If that's what he really wants, like I said, wait another year or 2 and go to a legit school (Example: there will most likely be 1, maybe 2, highly desirable vacancies in LA in about 11 months).
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:17 am

At Wazzu? No he wouldn't. (I know what you're getting at i.e. access) If that's what he really wants, like I said, wait another year or 2 and go to a legit school (Example: there will most likely be 1, maybe 2, highly desirable vacancies in LA in about 11 months).
And leave 2-4 Million on the table? Why would he do that? All other things held constant (i.e. its a "lateral" move) why would he not want a 1-2 million a year pay raise... Do the same job for less? Doesn't make sense.

What makes you think this isn't a "legit" P5 job? You think Oklahoma is coming to Harsin's door step in Boise? No he is going to need some experience in the P5 before these other "legit" schools will want him.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:50 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:17 am

And leave 2-4 Million on the table? Why would he do that? All other things held constant (i.e. its a "lateral" move) why would he not want a 1-2 million a year pay raise... Do the same job for less? Doesn't make sense.

What makes you think this isn't a "legit" P5 job? You think Oklahoma is coming to Harsin's door step in Boise? No he is going to need some experience in the P5 before these other "legit" schools will want him.
Oklahoma? Probably not. But it worked at Boise for Patterson (Washington), Appalachian State for Drinkwitz (now at Missouri), San Diego State for Hoke (Michigan), Memphis for Norvell (Florida State), Houston for Herman (Texas), Arkansas State for Malzahn (Auburn), and Cincinnati for Kelly (Notre Dame). Just to name a few.

All those programs are far more prestigious and pay better than Washington State, and all came from programs that are certainly less prestigious or equal to Boise.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Rolovich got the job, whew
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:44 am Rolovich got the job, whew
I'm hoping whoever gets the Hawaii job hires Vigen!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyokie wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:19 am
Doubt Vigen's offense would fit well with the scheme Hawaii likes to run. They probably want a coach who will stick with the run-n-shoot. Already hearing rumors of a June Jones return?

The offensive transition for WSU will be pretty seamless although Rolo is a more traditional RNS style offense than a pure air raid.
I'm good for 3!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

Cornpoke wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:34 pm
Wyokie wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:19 am
Doubt Vigen's offense would fit well with the scheme Hawaii likes to run. They probably want a coach who will stick with the run-n-shoot. Already hearing rumors of a June Jones return?

The offensive transition for WSU will be pretty seamless although Rolo is a more traditional RNS style offense than a pure air raid.
I know but a guy can dream.

The fanbase is going crazy over there although most are actually O.K. and understand why Rolo left.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!