#7 Asstecs to town

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

How bad do we lose, over /under 25, total points 75, over/under??? Anyone going??? I'll give it a go to maybe see a sweet 16 caliber team, hey Pokes its been done b4 and "can" happen again, lets see
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

While it is very unlikely, winning this game might be detrimental to the Pokes’ long term success. That said - I’d love to see the Pokes pull it out and shock the MW! I think we lose by 25.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I'd be shocked if we lose by anything less than 25. This one is going to get ugly fast.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

The offense is extremely frustrating to watch. No movement, people dribbling into traps, 5 people on the perimeter with no one underneath. Ugh
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Pokes are a very poor shooting team.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

A couple of obvious observations:

First, why advertise "Welcome to 7220" when I haven't seen a Wyoming basketball team take advantage of the altitude in a long, long time. If anything, Wyoming always looks like the team suffering from the altitude.

Second, there was a time when the #7 team in the country, and a potential #1 seed in the NCAA tourney, would come to town and the AA would be standing room only. Now, it looks like they might be lucky to have 2,000 people in the entire arena. I'm not sure how Wyoming recovers from the Edwards' era. Heath did his damnedest to destroy it, and Edwards just might finish it off.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

CowboyNV wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:56 pm A couple of obvious observations:

First, why advertise "Welcome to 7220" when I haven't seen a Wyoming basketball team take advantage of the altitude in a long, long time. If anything, Wyoming always looks like the team suffering from the altitude.

Second, there was a time when the #7 team in the country, and a potential #1 seed in the NCAA tourney, would come to town and the AA would be standing room only. Now, it looks like they might be lucky to have 2,000 people in the entire arena. I'm not sure how Wyoming recovers from the Edwards' era. Heath did his damnedest to destroy it, and Edwards just might finish it off.
I'll say one thing for Heath (can't believe I'm defending him), he did recruit Afam, who was on his way to being great until the knee blew out. Edwards and staff haven't recruited a single decent player. We are the smallest, slowest, and worst shooting team I've seen at Wyoming.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:19 pm

I'll say one thing for Heath (can't believe I'm defending him), he did recruit Afam, who was on his way to being great until the knee blew out. Edwards and staff haven't recruited a single decent player. We are the smallest, slowest, and worst shooting team I've seen at Wyoming.
None of Wyoming’s players would even see the floor for SDSU. And Edwards isn’t going to recruit now. I’m sure he knows he’s done for.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:56 pm I’m sure he knows he’s done for.
I'm not even sure he's with it enough to know that.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

That wasn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be, they didn't wow me as a #7, but they'll be a 3 seed in West, us what kinda seed could we be, saga continues
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unwatchable team. I'm not wasting my time anymore.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:28 pm That wasn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be, they didn't wow me as a #7, but they'll be a 3 seed in West, us what kinda seed could we be, saga continues
The reason they didn't Wow you was because they weren’t even trying. They brought their D or F game to play Wyoming because they knew they would win easy. If they would have brought their A game they would have won by 40 to 50 no problem.

I watched them play Creighton who is a pretty good team and will make the NCAA tourney and they destroyed them and won by 31. They destroyed Utah by 28 right after Utah had beaten Kentucky.

They toyed with Iowa when I watched that game who will also be a tourney team and outscored them by 19 in the 2nd half. Wyoming should be thankful they didn’t turn up the heat an embarrass them worse.

I don’t see anyone in the conference beating them which means they probably go undefeated and get a 1 seed. They already beat CSU and Utah St. on the road which might be the toughest road tests in conference. They still have Nevada and Boise but I don’t see either one of them beating them.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:19 am
stymeman wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:28 pm That wasn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be, they didn't wow me as a #7, but they'll be a 3 seed in West, us what kinda seed could we be, saga continues
The reason they didn't Wow you was because they weren’t even trying. They brought their D or F game to play Wyoming because they knew they would win easy. If they would have brought their A game they would have won by 40 to 50 no problem.

I watched them play Creighton who is a pretty good team and will make the NCAA tourney and they destroyed them and won by 31. They destroyed Utah by 28 right after Utah had beaten Kentucky.

They toyed with Iowa when I watched that game who will also be a tourney team and outscored them by 19 in the 2nd half. Wyoming should be thankful they didn’t turn up the heat an embarrass them worse.

Weren't they missing a couple of their really good bigs last night due to injury? The game with Wyoming was nothing more than a practice session. Wait until the Pokes roll into San Diego January 21st to see the real curb stomping. Jesus, I miss the days when we actually could compete with most teams instead of being penciled in as a "W" months ahead of time.
I don’t see anyone in the conference beating them which means they probably go undefeated and get a 1 seed. They already beat CSU and Utah St. on the road which might be the toughest road tests in conference. They still have Nevada and Boise but I don’t see either one of them beating them.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:19 pm

It might be time to change Wyoming's nickname from the "Pokes" to the "Slow Pokes."