What do you think about the CBS Report before the bowl game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

I was only 12 years old in 1969 so my world view was still rather childish. We knew there were protesters around the country both against racism and the Viet Nam war, but it was all far removed from our “Mayberry” lives. The common sentiment was that we didn’t want that stuff happening in our state. I didn’t have a good grasp of what happened in Laramie at the time. Really the only time I saw a black man he was in uniform, either Air Force or UW. Far more more common racism in my little world was perpetrated against the migrant farm workers who came to work the fields around Wheatland.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:16 pm The incident should never be buried. Not for the reasons why the 14 wanted to protest, nor Eaton's racist policies. It took 50 years to begin re-building bridges to the guys that were thrown off the team.

Was Eaton a good football coach and recruiter? Yes. That doesn't make him a good person though.

I'm also 90% sure CheyenneGunSlinger is Dino. Hence why I tend to ignore what he posts.
He isn’t Dino. Dino could never make it that long without some poop self promotion.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I’ve been on this site for seven years, but haven’t read everything. Who the heck is Dino and why is he so despised?
Thank your Lucky Stars.......Seriously!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:58 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:47 am I didn't see the report before the game but when it has come up during games, my biggest issue is how the issue is described. It's only ever said that the Black 14 was protesting "racial injustice." The full truth is that the players wanted to protest the racist policies and actions of the Mormon church and BYU, including administrators, coaches and players. I don't know why that is so hard to include when talking about this.
Well does it come up every game? The left wing media loves a good story that has a racial slant and will not ever let it go.
I'm not even getting to the question of bringing it up or not. My point is that if it does get brought up the full story should be explained. No reason why BYU's racism isnt just as much a part of the story.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:52 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:16 pm The incident should never be buried. Not for the reasons why the 14 wanted to protest, nor Eaton's racist policies. It took 50 years to begin re-building bridges to the guys that were thrown off the team.

Was Eaton a good football coach and recruiter? Yes. That doesn't make him a good person though.

I'm also 90% sure CheyenneGunSlinger is Dino. Hence why I tend to ignore what he posts.
He isn’t Dino. Dino could never make it that long without some poop self promotion.
Fair point. Dino's brother or cousin then.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:04 pm

His posts are Dino-esque. Fwiw I miss Dino's website/reporting, but could do without the drama. He's a good reporter, but too much other stuff
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:40 pm

His posts are Dino-esque. Fwiw I miss Dino's website/reporting, but could do without the drama. He's a good reporter, but too much other stuff
Your definition of good reporter and mine are very different things. I prefer the non-bigot type that leaves politics out of it and that stays off the field and simply reports during the game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:00 pm

Your definition of good reporter and mine are very different things. I prefer the non-bigot type that leaves politics out of it and that stays off the field and simply reports during the game.
He was a good reporter. All that stuff you wrote was the "other stuff" which I referenced that I don't care for
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Alright dudes....you both have small peckers. No more comparing. GO POKES
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:00 pm

I agree with this. I couldn't ever even give his site the time of day to see if he was a good reporter because of the other stuff. He even apparently called me out by name(along with a bunch of other posters) on his radio show but I wouldn't give it a listen. What a complete jackass.

As far as the Op goes. There is zero wrong with reporting/talking about the black 14 before our bowl game. We as a university brought it back to the forefront this year so it makes sense it was talked about before our bowl game as it was a big moment in our season. It isn't some "left wing media" thing. The university did it themselves and it is a positive step for the university with the memorial. Can't keep the past buried.

It should be brought up as often as it needs to be. Lloyd Eaton can f@#$ right off.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Jesus f-word christ