Sheep hiring Addazio

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:55 pm This honestly makes zero sense to me. Why pay Bobo all of that money in a buyout ($1.2 million) to bring in a guy that was just canned at Boston College?
Addazio is a lot better coach than Bobo.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Yep. His numbers after 7 years look very similar to how Bohls will after 7 years. And we treat Bohl like he's the second coming. I wish they had hired someone worse.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I honestly want Rams to be relevant. It feels much better beating them when they have a pulse rather than when they're completely dead.

That said, I'd rather beat a terrible Rams team than ever losing to them regardless of where they are record-wise.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:55 pm This honestly makes zero sense to me. Why pay Bobo all of that money in a buyout ($1.2 million) to bring in a guy that was just canned at Boston College?
I think they swapped the witch for the devil. Bobo is now making $1.2 million as a OC at South Carolina.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:27 pm The thing is: Can a 60 year old coach whose spent his entire career back east recruit out west? It just doesn't make much sense. Plus, I think he only got a 3 year deal. So, he could be a lame duck in year 2. It reminds me a bit when Nebraska hired a 62 year old Mike Riley. It didn't make much sense and it didn't work. I'm guessing this won't either.
I don't like coaches that are in their 60s as a first time hire to a school, even if they have been a HC elsewhere. With the exception of Nick Saban or someone like that.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Very Bohl-like hire (in terms of how I think he'll do, not comparing to fcs champ and p5 coach). Lots of people making fun of it, but I'm betting he stabilizes the Rams.
That said, I wonder what his recruiting network is out here?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:15 pm Very Bohl-like hire (in terms of how I think he'll do, not comparing to fcs champ and p5 coach). Lots of people making fun of it, but I'm betting he stabilizes the Rams.
His ability to recruit will be what determines his success. If he can recruit, they'll be more stable. If he can't, they'll fall even farther from where they are now. Bobo was a poop head coach, but there is some talent at CSU. I don't know if it fits the style of Addazio though. I'm hoping that NFL receiver transfers away. That would be a great start to the collapse of CSU football.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:06 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:15 pm Very Bohl-like hire (in terms of how I think he'll do, not comparing to fcs champ and p5 coach). Lots of people making fun of it, but I'm betting he stabilizes the Rams.
His ability to recruit will be what determines his success. If he can recruit, they'll be more stable. If he can't, they'll fall even farther from where they are now. Bobo was a Sh#t head coach, but there is some talent at CSU. I don't know if it fits the style of Addazio though. I'm hoping that NFL receiver transfers away. That would be a great start to the collapse of CSU football.
They’re already seeing defections. Two recruits reopened their recruitment and I just saw one of their starting OL is transferring to Nebraska. They’ll lose a portion and have to start fresh. I’m not saying he can’t/won’t turn CSU around but the road will be long I think. Kinda like Bohl fixing CDC mess.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

When asked about Bohl's thoughts about Addazio and Addazio's press conference, Bohl says 'no comment' but...'great question.' Pretty clear that Bohl is not a fan of Addazio and how Addazio has started in Fort Collins.

Looking forward to beating CSU next year!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 240 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:31 pm When asked about Bohl's thoughts about Addazio and Addazio's press conference, Bohl says 'no comment' but...'great question.' Pretty clear that Bohl is not a fan of Addazio and how Addazio has started in Fort Collins.

Looking forward to beating CSU next year!
It seems like Addazio and Bohl would get along famously. Two old school-type coaches with similar coaching philosophies. Maybe Addazio is an a-hole like everyone says?