nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Yeah, I tuned out after the 1st half. We thought things couldn't get worse than Shroyer. Guess what? They're worse.

I honestly believe Edwards may be the first HC fired before season end.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I still have my #44 sixth man T-shirt if anyone else remembers those.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Wyovanian wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:48 pm Yeah, I tuned out after the 1st half. We thought things couldn't get worse than Shroyer. Guess what? They're worse.

I honestly believe Edwards may be the first HC fired before season end.
Schroyer was fired before the season ended. Well they told him he wasnt coming back and he threw a tantrum and left, I guess that is the same thing.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

The Dome of Doom actually meant something back then. I remember the days were you couldn't hear the person next to you because of how loud that place was during a game. Now it's an echo chamber......
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:10 pm The Dome of Doom actually meant something back then. I remember the days were you couldn't hear the person next to you because of how loud that place was during a game. Now it's an echo chamber......
Watching the game last night I was appalled by the attendance. Reminded me of the girls games back in the 80s
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

nashvillepoke wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:25 am
PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:10 pm The Dome of Doom actually meant something back then. I remember the days were you couldn't hear the person next to you because of how loud that place was during a game. Now it's an echo chamber......
Watching the game last night I was appalled by the attendance. Reminded me of the girls games back in the 80s
I don't think it is that surprising considering the product on the floor. People just aren't going to drive 200 miles one way to watch that. Most people won't drive 20 miles to watch that, let alone spend the money on tickets, gas, eats, etc. Burman may just have put the final nail in the coffin of Wyoming basketball. He's had more than one questionable hire and I wonder just how long Wyoming puts up with his errors in judgement before they decide a new AD is needed along with some new coaches.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

CowboyNV wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:14 am
nashvillepoke wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:25 am
I don't think it is that surprising considering the product on the floor. People just aren't going to drive 200 miles one way to watch that. Most people won't drive 20 miles to watch that, let alone spend the money on tickets, gas, eats, etc. Burman may just have put the final nail in the coffin of Wyoming basketball. He's had more than one questionable hire and I wonder just how long Wyoming puts up with his errors in judgement before they decide a new AD is needed along with some new coaches.

Well considering it's currently an interim President, no way he would get rid of an AD. So unless the Board of Trustees does something, he's not going anywhere at least until a new president is hired.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

I have not watched or listened to a game yet this season. After what I have read on this board it is hard to get excited about doing so.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

ZapPoke wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:25 pm I have not watched or listened to a game yet this season. After what I have read on this board it is hard to get excited about doing so.
You really should watch a game and see the team for yourself.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

1987 NCAA Basketball Second Round - Wyoming vs UCLA
https://youtu.be/_QoZHfXInjM
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

WyoExpat wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:55 pm 1987 NCAA Basketball Second Round - Wyoming vs UCLA
Fun times. Man that team would have been extremely dangerous if Dent could actually score on occasion.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:03 pm
WyoExpat wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:55 pm 1987 NCAA Basketball Second Round - Wyoming vs UCLA
Fun times. Man that team would have been extremely dangerous if Dent could actually score on occasion.
That team was extremely dangerous.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

WyoExpat wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:27 am
They were pretty damn good, but as I was watching the UCLA game I couldn't help but notice the defense was completely sagging off Dent. If he had been able to hit an open jumper on occasion, that team would have been a final four team.

I went to every home game from 80 to 2008 and I remember being scared everytime Dent went to the free throw line. Great distributer and defender but lack an offensive abilities
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

nashvillepoke wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:04 am
WyoExpat wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:27 am
They were pretty damn good, but as I was watching the UCLA game I couldn't help but notice the defense was completely sagging off Dent. If he had been able to hit an open jumper on occasion, that team would have been a final four team.

I went to every home game from 80 to 2008 and I remember being scared everytime Dent went to the free throw line. Great distributer and defender but lack an offensive abilities
Maybe they would have. But at that stage of the game, there is a little luck involved and there were some dandy teams in the Final Four those years as it was.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

one of my personal favorites to re-watch. Last time we had a TEAM where everyone contributed.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:33 pm

one of my personal favorites to re-watch. Last time we had a TEAM where everyone contributed.
Man, I miss that team. Like you said, everyone contributed. They were explosive and a blast to watch! Nance, Cooke, Hankerson, Adams, McManimal, and Grabau had really good team chemistry that worked well together. Once those guys started graduating and moving on is when our downfall started....damn, those guys were fun.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I'm glad our game intros have gotten rid of the dome of doom, as that hasnt been a thing in about 30 years, imbok with how's your oxygen