We're going to end this season at 6-6

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Chambers is the answer. Anyone who would post that is dumb
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

And at this point next year, well have a ton of injuries at QB, RB, and O Line again. This offense excels at having a lot of injuries at those positions. It's one of the many downsides to this offense, and it's not a viable excuse because it's going to happen every year.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

The roller coaster that is UW football. Lets Beeeet the Sheeeep
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Right now we would be lucky to beat some high school programs. Plain and simple we don’t have confidence on the offensive side of the ball and this defense is getting gassed.

Even if we beat the Rams which is highly unlikely how we have been playing as of late. No one on any Bowl Committee is going to say hey let’s invite Wyoming they sure are fun to watch.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:23 pm Right now we would be lucky to beat some high school programs. Plain and simple we don’t have confidence on the offensive side of the ball and this defense is getting gassed.

Even if we beat the Rams which is highly unlikely how we have been playing as of late. No one on any Bowl Committee is going to say hey let’s invite Wyoming they sure are fun to watch.
That is some garbage. This team is so physical and competes damn hard. There are virtually no lower division teams that can handle Wyoming’s physicality (and yes I was at the Idaho game).

I’m sorry you hate the team and hate watching them but I enjoy watching this team compete. Not an ounce of quit in any of them. The 2016 and this year’s team are my favorites to watch since 1996.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:07 pm And at this point next year, well have a ton of injuries at QB, RB, and O Line again. This offense excels at having a lot of injuries at those positions. It's one of the many downsides to this offense, and it's not a viable excuse because it's going to happen every year.
Probably....but I think the odds of losing two of our top three running backs (which we weren't equiped to handle this year) our #1 QB, and a good portion of our Oline (we do get two starters back, but losing Big E had a huge effect in the SDSU game), will be in our favor.

I think we'll have enough depth and talent to overcome the 15 points that we have lost by in total this year. There wasn't one game this year where Wyoming didn't have a chance to win....but, fumble going into the endzone at Tulsa, being down to our 4th string rb at SDSU and throwing an int on the potential game winning drive, missed FG in OT at Boise, int on game winning drive at USU. Maybe our freshman and sophomore QB's will improve and make better decisions as well.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:23 pm Right now we would be lucky to beat some high school programs. Plain and simple we don’t have confidence on the offensive side of the ball and this defense is getting gassed.

Agree. I love this team. They compete hard and I'm proud of them
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

:ditto: :bs:
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

JimmyDimes wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:47 am
bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:07 pm And at this point next year, well have a ton of injuries at QB, RB, and O Line again. This offense excels at having a lot of injuries at those positions. It's one of the many downsides to this offense, and it's not a viable excuse because it's going to happen every year.
Probably....but I think the odds of losing two of our top three running backs (which we weren't equiped to handle this year) our #1 QB, and a good portion of our Oline (we do get two starters back, but losing Big E had a huge effect in the SDSU game), will be in our favor.

I think we'll have enough depth and talent to overcome the 15 points that we have lost by in total this year. There wasn't one game this year where Wyoming didn't have a chance to win....but, fumble going into the endzone at Tulsa, being down to our 4th string rb at SDSU and throwing an int on the potential game winning drive, missed FG in OT at Boise, int on game winning drive at USU. Maybe our freshman and sophomore QB's will improve and make better decisions as well.
I keep overlooking how good we are playing with our 2nd,3rd, 4th string guys. Maybe Chambers/TVW will improve greatly in the off season as well.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

We’re close to being an undefeated team but also close to being a 2-3 win team. To me, it’s all WRs and QB play. Chambers was winning games because he made up for lack of passing with a dynamic running game. We lose a little with TVW because his arm talent isn’t where we need it to be in order to make up for the dynamic runner we lost. We had a borderline offense and then we lost some key pieces. Jesus, just look at Utah st even with Jordan Love and how they regressed. We needed to improve as the year went and we regressed and now we’re losing close games instead of winning. All teams lose players but I’d be hard pressed to find a team that lost their QB, nfl talent lg, 2 of their 3 top RBs, a top WR in a position that is already thin.
W-Y, Until I Die!
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 21 times

I'd love to share your guys optimism on injuries in regards to next year. But the fact of the matter is that we've had significant injuries to our RBs, QBs, TEs and O Line consistently throughout Bohls tenure. That's going to happen regardless in football, but especially when you run headfirst into a pile of defenders and guys are getting hit in the sides of the legs all the time by the other team and their own players. Just look back at the news articles on injuries the last couple years. The fact is this year isn't an anomaly for injuries at those positions, and therefore, I don't think it's a valid excuse. It will continue to happen with our style of play year in and year out.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Do you need a break? Maybe stop watching UW sports for a couple years, re-energize? Your moping around sure is depressing and isn't solving any problems.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

This entire overreaction thread is what makes these forums so fun. Two close road losses at BSU and USU with substantial injuries (more than the average team has) including our QB and the sky is falling. Going into the Boise game not many people were expecting to win either game but then the defense plays amazing and we take them to OT thus raising expectations for USU and making the loss all the harder. This has always been a 7 to 8 win team and that’s how I expect them to finish. True it’s fun to think about what could have been but we also could have easily lost to Texas st and Idaho and been sitting at 4 and 6 right now. Up to this point it’s been a good season and this team has potential to be great this year and beyond.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:42 am This entire overreaction thread is what makes these forums so fun. Two close road losses at BSU and USU with substantial injuries (more than the average team has) including our QB and the sky is falling. Going into the Boise game not many people were expecting to win either game but then the defense plays amazing and we take them to OT thus raising expectations for USU and making the loss all the harder. This has always been a 7 to 8 win team and that’s how I expect them to finish. True it’s fun to think about what could have been but we also could have easily lost to Texas st and Idaho and been sitting at 4 and 6 right now. Up to this point it’s been a good season and this team has potential to be great this year and beyond.
What!! you can't be bringing in a rational calm take like this....you must make crazy predictions that Wyoming couldn't beat a high school team! Ha!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Wyoming wins!

CSU lost to frickin' Arkansas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Well...LOL Glad I was wrong.

GREAT WIN!!!!!

7 wins should get us a bowl invite.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I thought our defense would take a giant step back without our safeties. It didn't. We're definitely suspect vs the pass, but today was awesome. We have some pretty solid young linebackers even though obviously nobody can replace Wilson and Cassh outright.

I do think we have better players on our offense than what we've seen so far. Was nice to see Williams throwing accurate balls, even if it was only twice. We should be good with TEs too... just hope we don't make Williams forget how to throw it over the next year.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Of Colorado State's 11 games, they scored under 30 four times.

USU - 24
AFA - 21
SDSU - 10

and Wyoming....7.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

Wyokie wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:55 pm Well...LOL Glad I was wrong.

GREAT WIN!!!!!

7 wins should get us a bowl invite.
Should?!? 7 Wins is a lock, get ready to book some hotel rooms!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

This trend makes me think of Nebraska fans in the 1990s. They were fielding dominant, national championship teams year in and year out. Yet they were complaining about the style of play and offensive philosophy.

This board complains about the coaching ineptitude. Yet, they came here from a dominant program that they built from scratch. Has anyone noticed how they completely adjusted their philosophy to accommodate Chambers in the season after they had Josh Allen? Now TVW is playing and the offense is clearly different to accommodate his strengths.

The other thing I see from us is that we are dominating along the lines and have proven we have more depth than I thought we did. This coaching staff isn't just cobbling together one good team. It has put together a program built on the pieces of football that are the most difficult to build. There aren't any smoke and mirrors involved in this team's record. I think our problem is that we aren't used to having a team that is so solid in the elements don't handle the ball. We actually have a next man who can step up at every position on the field (except maybe the wide receivers). That is new for us.

Without even analyzing the schedule and returning players, I am confident that 6-6 is the floor for next season too and that we will be watching meaningful games that will help decide the Mountain Division title in November next year too.