Louisiana

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Outstanding effort and gutting out the win in OT was good to see. As has been stated, HT, Banks, and TJ all had solid games and carried the team with Maldo spending quite a bit of time in the first half on the bench with 2 fouls. They look a lot better than they did a week ago and I have hope that they will all continue down this path. Love a win. Go Pokes!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I did not have this game as a win. Best win to date for sure. Great to see!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Go to he11, U of L!

Glad the Pokes won this game. Can't stand those guys.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Was a good win but shouldn't even of went to overtime we had much more control of the game than the score showed even without Maldo doing much which is a great sign. We settled for too many 3's in the second half when we were doing good taking it to the rim. But I also can't really fault them too much on many of the shots they were great looks and looked good but just rimed out. If a couple had gone down this would have been a fairly dominate win.
I am really liking the way this team plays defense and rebounds. Hopefully we can continue that against better competition. I also wish we could get some offensive boards but that has been part of the game plan to not go after them aggressively since the Shyatt years so I'm used to it.
I really hope this is a sign this team is starting to gel. We have looked completely different the last 2 games as others have said.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Nice to see Thompson break out a little bit! Honestly didn't even realize there was a game last night, gonna be interesting to see how the Pokes play against Colorado Sunday.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Banks looking good, Maybe his homecoming to LV this weekend will help this team win against some formidable foes in this MGM Main Event. Good showing Pokes!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

CSPokeFan wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:57 pm FINALLY good to see Thompson get aggressive and rebound.
Just what I was thinking. My impression of Thompson was that he was "soft" - never mixing it up - always afraid to get his hair messed up. Maybe that's changed now. But it seems that whenever Maldo gets into a fray he hits the floor and appears injured.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I was finally able to attend a game. We look like we could potentially maybe be a good team. Good win, Pokes! Our defense is much better than last year and we MUST continue to play good D if we want to be competitive. We need to shoot better, too.

If I were the coach I'd predicate the offense around AJ Banks driving into the lane and making things happen. We still piss it around the perimeter way too much. Banks, Maldonado, Taylor and Foster should be taking the ball to the hoop as much as possible. Thompson should be driving to the hoop as well and he did that a couple times on an extremely big, athletic, strong, quick defender so he needs to do that. We have the guys finally to not settle for threes. Come on, Pokes, take it to the rack!

Hendricks needs to make his threes. Foster needs to make his open threes.

AJ Banks can jusp so high. I would love to see him high jump and long jump in track. Very athletic and can be doing more dribbling and driving the basketball. He has a nice floater so he needs to use it.

Still absolutely kills me that we don't offensive rebound. I can't think about it too much or I feel like punching a puppy dog