Boise game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:10 am
307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:04 am
WyomingAg wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:54 pm F vigen. Worst o coordinator in the country. Predictable through the whole game. A flea flicker on a short field, a run up the middle when you need 5 yards.

That game was very winnable with just some average play calls
Ok...time out. I won't defend his bad calls (heavens knows he has those). Worst O coordinator in the country?? At some point it just sounds like a personal vendetta. It is just not correct to pretend that any other person calling plays today comes out w/ a win.

Pokes did great against what turned out to be probably the best team we'll see this season.
Stop with the f-cking "good enough, we're only Wyoming" bulls-it. The players delivered, Vigen f-cked it up in the 4th and OT. Why on Earth you don't show patience and duplicate success when time is on your side is mind-boggling.
It's obvious that you have all the answers. Don't mistake being happy for the most success that Wyoming has seen in 20+ years with any BS "only Wyoming mindset". I'm saying step back from the ledge and at least attempt to put into perspective that any particular game (win or lose) shouldn't be used for a reason to get rid of a coach.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:12 am
Wyovanian wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:12 am
307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:06 am The way the comments are running your would think that we have not lost in three years and we were playing Southeast UTEP....geez.
This is big boy football. Go big, or go home. If you want to praise incompetence, go bowling with SDPoke.
When have I ever praised incompetence?
Praising incompetence and lowering potential are two sides of the same coin. Pick your poison.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:16 am
WyomingAg wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:54 pm F vigen. Worst o coordinator in the country. Predictable through the whole game. A flea flicker on a short field, a run up the middle when you need 5 yards.

Ok...time out. I won't defend his bad calls (heavens knows he has those). Worst O coordinator in the country?? At some point it just sounds like a personal vendetta. It is just not correct to pretend that any other person calling plays today comes out w/ a win.

Pokes did great against what turned out to be probably the best team we'll see this season.
Stop with the f-cking "good enough, we're only Wyoming" bulls-it. The players delivered, Vigen f-cked it up in the 4th and OT. Why on Earth you don't show patience and duplicate success when time is on your side is mind-boggling.
It's obvious that you have all the answers. Don't mistake being happy for the most success that Wyoming has seen in 20+ years with any BS "only Wyoming mindset". I'm saying step back from the ledge and at least attempt to put into perspective that any particular game (win or lose) shouldn't be used for a reason to get rid of a coach.
We haven't won a conference title in so GODDAMNED long (1988), we have every right to bitch about this!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

It's not personal vendetta. Go back and look at offensive statistics since he's been here. He's in charge of the offense that is consistently in the bottom 10% of teams in FBS. The one outlier was with 5 NFL players on offense, 2 of which are starters. I think you'd be hard pressed to find an O coordinator that is consistently worse.

He's hot garbage and needs to be shown the door. We'd likely be sitting at 9-0 and top 15 if we have a decent OC (and WR coach).
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

PokeNer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:20 am He's hot garbage and needs to be shown the door. We'd likely be sitting at 9-0 and top 15 if we have a decent OC (and WR coach).
Completely agree!!!!!! AND planning to be in a New Year's 6 bowl!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I would love for you to defend running up the middle on third and four. Go ahead.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

The answer is as plain as sunlight on snow. Vigen has a terrible track record in 5-minutes-of-life-that-count moments. They guy is all "close, but no cigar". The winning game plan was right in front of him and he switched scripts when all he had to do was stay course. EVERYONE who knows d-ck about football saw that, from the ESPN heads to Harsin to the people I'm standing next to. The guy simply finds a way to f-ck up the games that will define Bohl's tenure. Bohl sticks with him at risk of much greater things. Good enough, defined.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Man that stings. We clearly had to horses to pull that off. :|
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

In all three losses, our defense caved when it mattered. Roth is a head case and Vigen is the most vanilla pathetic OC ever.....no moral victory tonight....we lost another game we should have won. I hope Bohl feels the sting of this. Status Quo.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

The one positive from tonight. It definitely appears that our talent level has been elevated significantly, It didn't feel like Boise was above us in talent at any position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:30 am

The answer is as plain as sunlight on snow. Vigen has a terrible track record in 5-minutes-of-life-that-count moments. They guy is all "close, but no cigar". The winning game plan was right in front of him and he switched scripts when all he had to do was stay course. EVERYONE who knows d-ck about football saw that, from the ESPN heads to Harsin to the people I'm standing next to. The guy simply finds a way to f-ck up the games that will define Bohl's tenure. Bohl sticks with him at risk of much greater things. Good enough, defined.
For the record I'm absolutely certain there are better O-coordinators out there. I'm just saying that this is not some historically talented Wyoming team. This team is winning because they make fewer mistakes and execute better than their opponent. I'm not a philosophically opposed to spread/triple option/ or whatever...i'm opposed to the undisciplined mess that this program has been mired in for the 20 years before Bohl and Company showed up. BSU is usually pretty loaded and this year is no exception. They don't lose to freaking anybody on the blue turf....and it almost happend...i'm not into moral victoryies but I'm unwilling to look at todays result and say "Failure!!"
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Brown and Gold wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:32 am In all three losses, our defense caved when it mattered. Roth is a head case and Vigen is the most vanilla pathetic OC ever.....no moral victory tonight....we lost another game we should have won. I hope Bohl feels the sting of this. Status Quo.
The defense is caving because of the play calling and the three and outs in the fourth quarter.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Brown and Gold wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:32 am In all three losses, our defense caved when it mattered. Roth is a head case and Vigen is the most vanilla pathetic OC ever.....no moral victory tonight....we lost another game we should have won. I hope Bohl feels the sting of this. Status Quo.
This is being undersold....you would think that the only mistakes that were made tonight were on offense. If this defense could hold in the fourth all three of the losses this year turn to wins....Meh. It's easy to point at one thing in these close losses though.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

There is nothing more I can add to this. Bohl needs to make a change at O.C. our he will go down with him.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:39 am
This is being undersold....you would think that the only mistakes that were made tonight were on offense. If this defense could hold in the fourth all three of the losses this year turn to wins....Meh. It's easy to point at one thing in these close losses though.
As someone else, the defense caved because of the offense screwing up due to our Division II level OC.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

nashvillepoke wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:38 am
The defense is caving because of the play calling and the three and outs in the fourth quarter.
BSU went three and out 6 times...Wyoming ...4

Both teams went three and out once in the fourth. I'm pretty sure that didn't have a lot to do with allowing them to score. It was more of a special teams snafu...wasn't thier fourth quarter score from some pretty good field position?
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:37 am

For the record I'm absolutely certain there are better O-coordinators out there. I'm just saying that this is not some historically talented Wyoming team. This team is winning because they make fewer mistakes and execute better than their opponent. I'm not a philosophically opposed to spread/triple option/ or whatever...i'm opposed to the undisciplined mess that this program has been mired in for the 20 years before Bohl and Company showed up. BSU is usually pretty loaded and this year is no exception. They don't lose to freaking anybody on the blue turf....and it almost happend...i'm not into moral victoryies but I'm unwilling to look at todays result and say "Failure!!"
Quit deflecting. No one is challenging the talent level of this team. The issue is we are dealing with an OC who is in Groundhog Day mode in games that really count. The guy simply finds a way to lose close games too often, and is perfect at losing the most important ones, that could put us in the hunt for a championship and a solid position at the top of the conference. I guess I just expect too much when I pine for a team that used to be in the top 3 year-and, year-out like we used to be.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:47 am
nashvillepoke wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:38 am
BSU went three and out 6 times...Wyoming ...4

Both teams went three and out once in the fourth. I'm pretty sure that didn't have a lot to do with allowing them to score. It was more of a special teams snafu...wasn't thier fourth quarter score from some pretty good field position?
Scoreboard. Quit confusing effort with results. Vigen's had plenty of opportunities to figure this out.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:42 am
307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:39 am
As someone else, the defense caved because of the offense screwing up due to our Division II level OC.
Yep. Offense couldn't keep defense off the field.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:47 am
307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:37 am

Quit deflecting. No one is challenging the talent level of this team. The issue is we are dealing with an OC who is in Groundhog Day mode in games that really count. The guy simply finds a way to lose close games too often, and is perfect at losing the most important ones, that could put us in the hunt for a championship and a solid position at the top of the conference. I guess I just expect too much when I pine for a team that used to be in the top 3 year-and, year-out like we used to be.
Are you referring to the Mid '80s through through the Mid '90s?? Yeah...I want that too...but guess what? that was the apex of Wyoming football historically. If we got back to that I would be soooooo happy. I actually don't think Bohl is the guy to do it. If I'm being honest I think that the next coach here could do it by building on what Bohl has done.

It is not deflecting to challenge absurd notions like "this team would be undefeated if....." I could say the same thing about our defense giving up leads in the fourth quarter (and I have) but it is absolutely true that there is not ONE single thing that is giving these games away. I don't think that Vigen "lost" this game...I don't think the defense "lost" this game. Wyoming obviously had a great game plan and just about upset a team that has lost like 4 home games in what ... 10 years?

If Wyoming can keep playing sound football these close losses will turn into wins...