Boise game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Vigen chokes as usual on the important play calls. He was good on 95% of his calls today but killed drives regularly with terrible play calls and ended regulation with an awful 4th down call and then continued it with two out of his three OT plays being poop as well. He really needs to be let go.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

F vigen. Worst o coordinator in the country. Predictable through the whole game. A flea flicker on a short field, a run up the middle when you need 5 yards.

That game was very winnable with just some average play calls
Last edited by WyomingAg on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

lakesbison wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:53 pm NOT YOUR LOSS KICKER.... flea flicker from 25... then up the gut run on 3rd and 4 lost this game.
wow. f that. I love bohl.. but how we didnt see how bad vigen was at NDSU and let's him continue baffled me..
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

At least now we know our Tight Ends catch the ball when you throw it to them over and over.

The question is, why didn't we throw it more to them earlier this season? Both Tulsa and SDSU could've been decisive wins rather than close losses had we just tried those six-eight yard throws to their chests every now and then.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

How many of those rushes are plays that TVW should be keeping it?
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Cooper is inside his own head this year
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:54 pm At least now we know our Tight Ends catch the ball when you throw it to them over and over.

The question is, why didn't we throw it more to them earlier this season? Both Tulsa and SDSU could've been decisive wins rather than close losses had we just tried those six-eight yard throws to their chests every now and then.
Thats a good question. Should be asked at the same time as "why can't we hold a lead in the fourth quarter?"

Every loss this year ... Wyoming has been in the lead late in the fourth.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Really tired of the run up the middle plays.....
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

That loss is entirely on the coaching staff.
Message for Bohl and his staff- last I checked you're getting paid pretty f-cking well. Do your f-cking jobs or do the right f-cking thing and f-cking admit you don't know what the f-ck you're doing and f-cking resign. I'm so tired of all the f-cking prideful incompetence in this whole f-cking state at seemingly every f-cking level.
Good enough is NOT f-cking good enough. Execute and deliver or be f-cking gone.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

Had we won we coulda had a clear shot at hosting the title game since SDSU also lost tonight. But our OC is a complete fricking MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Seriously, though... Did the TEs have a single drop today? Anything even close to them, they just snatched up. Maybe that's to be expected, but with how our wide receivers handle the ball, I have pretty low expectations.

Pretty sure Valladay didn't drop anything either.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:54 pm F vigen. Worst o coordinator in the country. Predictable through the whole game. A flea flicker on a short field, a run up the middle when you need 5 yards.

Ok...time out. I won't defend his bad calls (heavens knows he has those). Worst O coordinator in the country?? At some point it just sounds like a personal vendetta. It is just not correct to pretend that any other person calling plays today comes out w/ a win.

Pokes did great against what turned out to be probably the best team we'll see this season.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Two or three first downs in the fourth quarter and this is a different game. I dont get the whole concept of basically taking a knee when we have a slight lead in the fourth quarter.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

The way the comments are running your would think that we have not lost in three years and we were playing Southeast UTEP....geez.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:03 am Seriously, though... Did the TEs have a single drop today? Anything even close to them, they just snatched up. Maybe that's to be expected, but with how our wide receivers handle the ball, I have pretty low expectations.

Pretty sure Valladay didn't drop anything either.
I do love V out of the backfield as a reciever. He's such a weapon.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:04 am
WyomingAg wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:54 pm F vigen. Worst o coordinator in the country. Predictable through the whole game. A flea flicker on a short field, a run up the middle when you need 5 yards.

Ok...time out. I won't defend his bad calls (heavens knows he has those). Worst O coordinator in the country?? At some point it just sounds like a personal vendetta. It is just not correct to pretend that any other person calling plays today comes out w/ a win.

Pokes did great against what turned out to be probably the best team we'll see this season.
Stop with the f-cking "good enough, we're only Wyoming" bulls-it. The players delivered, Vigen f-cked it up in the 4th and OT. Why on Earth you don't show patience and duplicate success when time is on your side is mind-boggling.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:06 am The way the comments are running your would think that we have not lost in three years and we were playing Southeast UTEP....geez.
This is big boy football. Go big, or go home. If you want to praise incompetence, go bowling with SDPoke.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:12 am
307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:06 am The way the comments are running your would think that we have not lost in three years and we were playing Southeast UTEP....geez.
This is big boy football. Go big, or go home. If you want to praise incompetence, go bowling with SDPoke.
When have I ever praised incompetence?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:12 am
I agree 100% Win Championships or don't bother to go home!!!!!

GODDAMNED JACKASS Vigen!!!!!!!!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:10 am
307bball wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:04 am

Stop with the f-cking "good enough, we're only Wyoming" bulls-it. The players delivered, Vigen f-cked it up in the 4th and OT. Why on Earth you don't show patience and duplicate success when time is on your side is mind-boggling.
Even worse, he had two weeks to prepare and came up with 37 runs up the middle.