Air Force wants out

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

https://mwwire.com/2019/10/14/could-air ... tain-west/

Another article mentioned BYU as the replacement. I think it would be crazy for Air Force to leave and would backfire like it has for BYU, but if they do I sure hope Thompson doesn't save BYU's bacon. Even with the win against Boise, they are a sinking ship and their fanbase knows it, which is why they're so desparate to get back into the MW.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Just Howdy Doodcy complaining about how hard it is for his players to play football and be cadets. BooHoo. then when they lose again he can keep complaining and talk about the" the real mission is training these men to become AF officers."
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Agree, TS. It's just one man complaining. I doubt AF goes anywhere.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I think it would be smart to bring BYU back. I dont know why everybody is all butt hurt that they left, who cares. I say bring em back.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:39 pm I think it would be smart to bring BYU back. I dont know why everybody is all butt hurt that they left, who cares. I say bring em back.
If they had "only" just left, whatever. But on their way out, they tried to gut the MWC. Badly. And it would have left Wyoming where Idaho is now.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:59 pm
WyoVaquero wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:39 pm I think it would be smart to bring BYU back. I dont know why everybody is all butt hurt that they left, who cares. I say bring em back.
If they had "only" just left, whatever. But on their way out, they tried to gut the MWC. Badly. And it would have left Wyoming where Idaho is now.
People that weren't around in those days need to do a bit of research before they go "all in" on allowing BYU back in the conference. If Air Force leaves there are much better choices out there than BYU.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

CowboyNV wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:30 am
People that weren't around in those days need to do a bit of research before they go "all in" on allowing BYU back in the conference. If Air Force leaves there are much better choices out there than BYU.
We don't need to hypothesize because BYU doesn't want back in the conference.

I believe Air Force is upset because of two things: (1) late kick-off times that the conference is agreeing to for TV; and (2) the MWC schedule, academy games and desire to play 1 FCS per year don't provide Air Force really any scheduling flexibility. Air Force is one of the few teams that could make Indy work (along with a scheduling agreement). If Air Force were to go indy, I would anticipate that Wyoming and CSU would still schedule AF.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

All I'm going to say is, lol.

No way AFA leaves the MWC. They would have to likely pay an ungodly high exit fee.

Calhoun has no idea when he says he doesn't know if staying in the conference is the way to go. It's not like AFA would receive an invite from a P5 league. They are hardly dominating the MWC. The Falcons have not won a conference championship since 1998.... LOL. So, go ahead and be independent and see where that gets you. Not very far...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:28 am
No way AFA leaves the MWC. They would have to likely pay an ungodly high exit fee.
Really?? How would the MWC collect it? The Air Force as a branch of the United States government theoretically would have sovereign immunity from lawsuit (unless waived).
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

I think he was bitching about going to Hawaii, nothing more. He is complaining this week about Utah State and Mormon missionaries. Howdy Doody just loves to hear himself talk.
SheepSlayer
Buckaroo

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:20 am
We don't need to hypothesize because BYU doesn't want back in the conference.

I believe Air Force is upset because of two things: (1) late kick-off times that the conference is agreeing to for TV; and (2) the MWC schedule, academy games and desire to play 1 FCS per year don't provide Air Force really any scheduling flexibility. Air Force is one of the few teams that could make Indy work (along with a scheduling agreement). If Air Force were to go indy, I would anticipate that Wyoming and CSU would still schedule AF.
I wouldn't be so sure. The administration might still be holding onto the daydream of being P5 but their fans are strongly in favor of getting back into a conference, ANY conference. Another losing season or two could force them to give in to pressure.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:48 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:28 am
Really?? How would the MWC collect it? The Air Force as a branch of the United States government theoretically would have sovereign immunity from lawsuit (unless waived).
Plus I believe on the last round of negotiations all exit fees were waived for all Mountain West schools. Any team that leaves the Mountain West I believe will owe $0 to the conference as an exit fee.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

Football coaches don't make school decisions.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I'd love to have BYU back, instill the rivalry as for AF they'd commit schedule suicide, stay where u belong
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

You are a brave man. You are about to get roasted. You’re not allowed to think for yourself when it comes to BYU. The hive mind doesn’t like that. Godspeed to you sir. Hells coming with them....
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:43 pm
You are a brave man. You are about to get roasted. You’re not allowed to think for yourself when it comes to BYU. The hive mind doesn’t like that. Godspeed to you sir. Hells coming with them....
Look, just because we're about to tar and feather him, doesn't mean we're going to roast him on top of that.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:48 pm Look, just because we're about to tar and feather him, doesn't mean we're going to roast him on top of that.
Aw man.

Guess that means I have to put out this torch.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Regarding BYU, it's no fun hating a team our guys never get to play.

Troy "Nice Ethics" Clahoun is a jackass, plain and simple.
52-56
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

jessejames02 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:51 pm Regarding BYU, it's no fun hating a team our guys never get to play.

Troy "Nice Ethics" Clahoun is a jackass, plain and simple.
That's fair, but unlike BYU, Troy Clownhoun doesn't try to hide rape and the deed assault, nor has he ever systematically punished the victims.

I want BYU to fail as a football program and ultimately board up and shut down as an academic institution.

I like hating CSU because at least their clown car passengers are ultimately "okay" as members of society.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

If Air Force leaves there are much better choices out there than BYU.
Who are the best choices of schools to potentially add?