Josh Allen Update

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

It’s high comedy when bills fans complain about anything. especially when they are 5-1. They should just shut up and enjoy it. Sheesh
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:32 pm It’s high comedy when bills fans complain about anything. especially when they are 5-1. They should just shut up and enjoy it. Sheesh
It is unbelievable. Allen continues to play lights out in the 4th QTR and has the Buffalo Bills at 5-1 and a good portion of their fan base wants to run Allen out of town.

I dream of the Broncos having a guy like Allen. That franchise is doomed for the next 3-4 years minimum. When all is said and done, Elway will look pretty bad passing on a franchise QB.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:32 pm It’s high comedy when bills fans complain about anything. especially when they are 5-1. They should just shut up and enjoy it. Sheesh
I mean, take a look at this board. We're 5-2 with 2 VERY winnable home games coming up, yet the complaining about the offense/Chambers/pass defense is overwhelming.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:36 pm
I mean, take a look at this board. We're 5-2 with 2 VERY winnable home games coming up, yet the complaining about the offense/Chambers/pass defense is overwhelming.
Would you consider the passing game good? Is it complaining or discussing a weakness?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Allen has been really good in the 4th and in the red zone.
Definitely a few bonehead plays and bad throws but overall seems to be progressing well, imo.
They had a complete overhaul on offense. I think they are still learning to play together, which, imo, is why they play so much better in the 4th. By season's end I'll bet that offense is clicking much earlier in games.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:39 pm
Would you consider the passing game good? Is it complaining or discussing a weakness?
When the "Fire Vigen" thread gets new posts every week and play calling gets picked apart every week, yes, I would consider that complaining. My buddy and I were talking about the offense at the game this week. He put it very well when he said, "I'm done second guessing the offense. We're winning. It may be frustrating to watch, but we're winning."

The point here is just shining a light on what LanderPoke said, but refocusing the light on our fanbase:
It’s high comedy when Wyoming fans complain about anything. especially when we are 5-2. We should just shut up and enjoy it.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:41 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:39 pm
When the "Fire Vigen" thread gets new posts every week and play calling gets picked apart every week, yes, I would consider that complaining. My buddy and I were talking about the offense at the game this week. He put it very well when he said, "I'm done second guessing the offense. We're winning. It may be frustrating to watch, but we're winning."

The point here is just shining a light on what LanderPoke said, but refocusing the light on our fanbase:
It’s high comedy when Wyoming fans complain about anything. especially when we are 5-2. We should just shut up and enjoy it.
Is stating facts complaining?
The inability to develop a passing game (sub 100 ranked passing O most years) hinders offensive production which makes it difficult to beat average or better teams as demonstrated by 0 wins in 5 of 6 years against teams who finished in the top 75 (sagarin).
Just curious what you consider complaining vs. discussing?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:00 pm
The inability to develop a passing game (sub 100 ranked passing O most years) hinders offensive production
It's more like there's no desire to develop a passing game, and any good receiver recruit is going to see this and stay away.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:00 pm Is stating facts complaining?
The inability to develop a passing game (sub 100 ranked passing O most years) hinders offensive production which makes it difficult to beat average or better teams as demonstrated by 0 wins in 5 of 6 years against teams who finished in the top 75 (sagarin).
Just curious what you consider complaining vs. discussing?
There's no hard line between complaining and discussing, but here are some good examples:

Discussion
307bball wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:46 pm I don't really think Bohl has answers for this passing game... At least no answers that will help the pokes this season. At this point, wishing we could pass the ball is merely that... Wishful thinking. I was watching the SDSU game with my brother and we were both surprised that we didn't get the stop at the end... And completely unsurprised that we couldn't get down the field and score to take back the lead.

Maybe Chambers progresses as a passer while he is here... I'm in the camp that he's not a great passer but he shouldn't need to be. If his WR's were turning a few of his bad passes into catches and not dropping his decent passes this offense would look worlds different. As I've said before... Love Conway's toughness but him and the rest of the WR's can be taken out of our passing game by average coverage teams. Nobody respects our passing game and throwing to the tight end more does not fix this.
Complaining
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 pm Agree. What if Vigen is just a poop coach (and all signs point to him being such)? What have we got to lose? It’snot like we have a good offense anyway. It could hardly get worse! It’s mind blowing that we just keep rolling with the same thing year after year expecting better results. Bohl has got to realize things need to change
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:20 pm
There's no hard line between complaining and discussing, but here are some examples:
Gotcha. Makes sense. Thanks.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

[/quote]

:D
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:43 pm Allen has been really good in the 4th and in the red zone.
Definitely a few bonehead plays and bad throws but overall seems to be progressing well, imo.
They had a complete overhaul on offense. I think they are still learning to play together, which, imo, is why they play so much better in the 4th. By season's end I'll bet that offense is clicking much earlier in games.
I think we all know that bonehead plays and bad throws are part of the Josh Allen experience. But so is winning and turning around your program/franchise. My guess is Bills fans wouldn't be trading Allen for Mayfield, Darnold or Rosen right now.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I was thinking about this earlier and bohl has brought it up several times. We are who we are this year and it’s working. Will it be enough to win more games? Will it bite us? Maybe. Maybe we beat Boise, who knows. If we beat Boise by only throwing 75 yards, does that mean Bohl and Vigen are poop coaches? A win is a f-word win in my book and it’s pretty impressive that we continue to run when we can’t throw. I’d feel better if we were 8 of 12 for 75 yds. I think most people aren’t complaining but worried about the ramifications later in the season with a lack of passing.
W-Y, Until I Die!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Where have Bills fans been complaining about Josh? All I've ever seen from them is nothing but positive. They love Josh almost as much as we do.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:16 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:00 pm
The inability to develop a passing game (sub 100 ranked passing O most years) hinders offensive production
It's more like there's no desire to develop a passing game, and any good receiver recruit is going to see this and stay away.
Certain programs do seem to get talent at certain positions. Heck...Wyoming used to by "Wide Reciever U". Even when that was the case though...I don't think top WR were keen on coming here. How sweet would it be if high end Linemen and RB started to prioritize Wyoming?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

TSpoke wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:40 am Where have Bills fans been complaining about Josh? All I've ever seen from them is nothing but positive. They love Josh almost as much as we do.
Read their message board. A LOT of negative. It is unreal when he has led them to a 5-1 record.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:33 am
TSpoke wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:40 am Where have Bills fans been complaining about Josh? All I've ever seen from them is nothing but positive. They love Josh almost as much as we do.
Read their message board. A LOT of negative. It is unreal when he has led them to a 5-1 record.
I look at the Bills reddit page and pretty much nothing but positives there.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

If i had to guess...messageboards for sports fans tend to be representative of the more "hardcore" fan. In general the average fan that passively follows a team is not active on an internet fan forum.

So if you have a large bucket labeled "Buffalo Bills Fans", that bucket is just generally happy with Josh Allen and the Bills right now.

Now imagine a smaller bucket labeled "Buffalo Bills Fans who are active on Bills fan internet message boards". That is a much smaller bucket and full of opinionated and outspoken folks. Some of those opinions are critical of JA.

That can also be applied to the Wyoming situation....see below:
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:36 pm I mean, take a look at this board. We're 5-2 with 2 VERY winnable home games coming up, yet the complaining about the offense/Chambers/pass defense is overwhelming.
I fall into both camps...I see that the Allen detractors make some valid points. I see that the Bohl/Vigen/Chambers naysayers are not just making stuff up....and I even get into that camp at times. Ultimately the Bills and the Pokes are succeeding in terms of wins and losses (especially with respect to their recent history). I think that pointing out flaws is fine but if that is all we are doing ... I hope that people point out the silver linings. I'm as guilty of this as anybody.
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

Allen was 16 for 34 for 169 yards averaging 5 yards per pass, no interceptions, sacked 4 times for 14 yards and threw for 2 TDs, giving him a rating of 81.5. Allen also carried the ball 8 times for 45 yards averaging 5.6 yards per carry with a long of 14, 3 fumbles with one recovered and one lost, and was credited with one solo tackle as his Bills fell to the Eagles 31 - 13. Link: https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401128037