Slow Starts on Defense

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

https://www.7220sports.com/better-late-than-never/

Interesting article discussing our defensive strategy. Kinda sounds like we suck on purpose to start off then turn it up as the game goes on. :| Maybe we should turn up the pressure to start the game and get them adjusting to us
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

I don't think Dickert is accurate at all when he says Wyoming was a bend, don't break, defense the last two years. That's not Hazelton's style at all.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

yopaulie wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:46 pm I don't think Dickert is accurate at all when he says Wyoming was a bend, don't break, defense the last two years. That's not Hazelton's style at all.
Agreed. Hazelton had an aggressive defense. And last year, we had quite a bit of size and quality up front, so we didn't need to blitz as often.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Better to set the tone early than have to play catch up for most of the game. I'm thinking the defense will learn from last week and not play like this today against Idaho.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Things should get better as more film comes out. At some point....teams do what they do....they try to attack you with some wrinkles but it comes down to your best vs mine.