Missouri at Wyoming

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

FarEastPoke wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:46 pm 'Hey SEC 0-2 in Wyoming. I see a travel ban coming into place if this keeps up :D'

I hate to burst your bubble here, but that's not entirely accurate... We lost to Texas A&M in Laramie. True, they weren't an SEC team at the time, but they are now so technically a team in today's SEC has beaten us at home-- just saying...
That win belongs to the Big 12 and Texas A&M Big 12 days records wise, so no bubble burst. No team as a member of the SEC has come into Wyoming and won hence the SEC is 0-2. Kind of like how the Mountain West can't claim Bosie State's Fiesta Bowl titles when they were a member of the WAC. I am going to leave it at that as the effort I just did was too much over a point like this.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Just wanna say guys...while I don't stop by the forum as much, it isn't because I no longer root for the Pokes. Life just gets in the way.

And to be honest, I don't feel like I need to be a regular presence any longer. In the earlier years of the Bohl era I did, because there were so many skeptics unsure of the future of the football program. I felt like I had to be a voice for what Bohl was building here. But now everyone can see what he was building plain as day.

I'm not as familiar with the new guys as I would've been in previous years, but it looks like you guys will be fine. I watched back highlights from the opener, there are some talented pieces to build around as Bohl keeps constructing a sustainable program.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Congrats to the Pokes on the win! Big time win for the season for sure. Missouri is no SEC power, but we played well enough to take them down, it was excellent.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:35 am Congrats to the Pokes on the win! Big time win for the season for sure. Missouri is no SEC power, but we played well enough to take them down, it was excellent.
There were many in the mainstream think tank picking them as a darkhorse to upset Alabama and challenge for a playoff spot...

Lets pray they were right and that Missouri gets back on track and starts piss pounding people. To have beaten a team that has a shot at at playoff would be an even bigger feather in our cap.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I'm as excited and thrilled we won as anyone, but I'm just glad we didn't play them any other week of the season.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:37 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:35 am Congrats to the Pokes on the win! Big time win for the season for sure. Missouri is no SEC power, but we played well enough to take them down, it was excellent.
There were many in the mainstream think tank picking them as a darkhorse to upset Alabama and challenge for a playoff spot...

Lets pray they were right and that Missouri gets back on track and starts piss pounding people. To have beaten a team that has a shot at at playoff would be an even bigger feather in our cap.
Ha ha, I'm not sure Missouri will challenge for the SEC. They would have to get through Florida and Georgia in the East. Anything can happen, though I think a long shot at that. A third place finish isn't out of the question, as Tennessee and South Carolina might be out of the race, coupled with Kentucky not looking too strong.

As for WYO, let's use this win as confidence and take the high from week-to-week.