Interesting year in the MWC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

With quarterback being the most important position on the field and the number of new starters this year in the Mountain West things could get a little interesting. Athlon ranked all 130 (on MWwire.com) and the Mountain West had half of the starting QBs in the league ranked 98th (Chambers) or worse. I think both divisions are completely up for grabs this year and am excited to see what Chambers can do against someone besides the 4 bottom dwellers of the conference who combined for 12 wins last year.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Utah state qb is going to be really tough to deal with. Unlv thinks the have an elite talent. I still think we have 2 good qb's.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Wyoming beats Utah State last year if Chambers played the whole game. Chambers or Tyler need a WR to become a threat in the worst way. We also need a FB who can become a receiving threat like Vanmannen
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Vapoke wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:21 pm Wyoming beats Utah State last year if Chambers played the whole game. Chambers or Tyler need a WR to become a threat in the worst way. We also need a FB who can become a receiving threat like Vanmannen
Not 100% sure about beating USU - but there is no doubt we beat Hawaii with Chambers in the game last year. Hell, even half of the game. God damned poor coaching decisions cost us at least a 7 & 5 (likely 8 & 4) record - and a trip to a bowl game. Ridiculous job coaching on the island at best.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Love was nobody entering 2018. We're bound to see an unknown breakthrough QB or two in the Mountain West. Boise State, Fresno State distinct possibilities.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

J-Rod wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:06 am Love was nobody entering 2018. We're bound to see an unknown breakthrough QB or two in the Mountain West. Boise State, Fresno State distinct possibilities.
I agree, someone will step up and surprise. Wyoming could have the 'breakthrough' QB as well.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Sure hope its better, than i have a feeling for
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

1. Bosie
2. Wyoming (B&G glasses have been donned)
3. USU
4. AF
5. CSU
6. NM

1. Fresno
2. SDSU
3. Nevada
4. Hawaii
5. UNLV
6. SJSU
Vapoke
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:51 am 1. Bosie
2. Wyoming (B&G glasses have been donned)
3. USU
4. AF
5. CSU
6. NM

1. Fresno
2. SDSU
3. Nevada
4. Hawaii
5. UNLV
6. SJSU
The MWC wire podcast spoke about Wyoming being really good or really bad. They don't think our D will take much of a step back as last year they did not play to their full potential. They did say depending on what team shows up for the Nevada game will determine how November will go for the Pokes. Trey Smith and Valladay have to stay healthy, plus Wyoming needs to find some threats at receiver and TE.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

It all boils down to 1 question, do we have young unknown nfl-level talent at the offensive skill positions and an adequate line? If yes, the O should do well and it will be a good year. If no, then the O will be largely dysfunctional but a bad MWC and a solid D will help us be ballpark of .500 +/- a game.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Utah St, Boise, Fresno are way better than everyone else.

Maybe Nevada and San Diego are up in that group. We hope wyo is close to this group.

I really think Bohl is doing so good that Wyoming is ahead of that bottom half by a clear margin. This will be a winning team