Early win predictions for 2019

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

If things go well 8.
If things go poorly 4.
Most likely 7.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Ask me after the Missouri game. Right now a posterior extraction guess is 6-6.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

6-6 or 7-5
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

The defense is the BIG wild card. I see anywhere from 2 to 9 wins. The Tulsa game really scares me (they were much better than their 3-9 record last year would indicate...especially at home). November is a brutal stretch (especially for an inexperienced defense) @Boise, @USU and @AF with the Border War at home in between.

I hate to be a debbie downer but at this point I am at 5 wins.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

6-6. We better beat Tulsa or else things could go south quickly.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I think our wins will be decided on how well our RB and WR situation is. I was disappointed when Mike Grant stayed on the staff as he has developed a total of 0 WRs. RB will be how that transfer RB and Valladay do filling the void of Nico. If Chambers can stay healthy then the Offense can carry some games much like 2016.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Just don't see it this year 5-7, sorry, but can't wait for Mizzou, should be fun!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think we break out. 8 wins. WR is still unknown but having Johnson back will be big.
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

8-4. Weaker schedule + I think the ball bounces the other way this fall. Finish ahead of Utah State in standings.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Until Bohl gets a new offensive philosophy and a new OC we will be slightly better than mediocre.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

7-5. We'll take our home games except Missouri and grab Air Force and one more on the road.
52-56
Dankohner
Buckaroo

I think the Missouri game will tell how the season will go.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I think it's pretty easy to call losses to mizzou, sdsu, ustate, and boise. I think we throw in at least one more loss, maybe a few more if Chambers gets hurt or the defense takes a step back. I think we fall between 5-7 and 7-5, but there's so many question marks this year I would'nt be that surprised if we went 4-8 if the wheels fall off, and I would'nt be that surprised if we went 8-4 if the o line and recievers improve and the defense doesn't take a step back.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I see losses to Mizzou, SDSU, Boise, and Utah State. SDSU and Utah State being the more winnable of the four, and the rest of the schedule we should be more than capable of winning those games. However I see it at worst 5-7. At very, very best 9-3. But most likely 8-4 again with another bowl game.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

My feeble-minded guess:

vs. Missouri - L We just don't have the horses....
@ Texas St. - W ...but enough ponies to win this,
vs. Idaho - W and this.
@ Tulsa - W Call this a gut feeling.
vs.UNLV - W This would be a toss-up on the road, but we get it at home
@ SDSU - L I always hate us playing the Spazz on the road...
vs. UNM - W Lobos are not going to be good.
vs. UNR - ? Honestly don't know how good UNR is going to be
@ Boise - L New blue -- same result
@ Utah St. - ? Always tough...even more so with Gary back.
vs. CSU - W In the words of Blues, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
@ AFA - W I think Bohl has their number...

so, worst case we go 7-5...best case 9-3
Vapoke
Cowpoke

vs. Missouri - L We just don't have the horses....

I am so tired of hearing this excuse, I hate the mindset of playing not to lose bad or taking the foot off the pedal. It cost us the 1994 Nebraska game and we haven't beat a big team since Ole Miss and TN. For the love of god just make Kelly Bryant life hell in the backfield and their D isn't that good, but last year we made them look like the best D in the country.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Vapoke wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:47 pm vs. Missouri - L We just don't have the horses....

I am so tired of hearing this excuse, I hate the mindset of playing not to lose bad or taking the foot off the pedal. It cost us the 1994 Nebraska game and we haven't beat a big team since Ole Miss and TN. For the love of god just make Kelly Bryant life hell in the backfield and their D isn't that good, but last year we made them look like the best D in the country.
An opening season win against Missouri would be huge. I believe the defense can keep it close if they aren't on the field the majority of the game. That's the big "if" and how the offense performs in field position and first downs.

I have and always will enjoy Bohl ball. However it does concern me that Wyo is not able to recruit dominate lineman who have the opportunity to play in an offense built for them. Every other college in the spread with zone blocking does not require dominate lineman. Where have they all gone?
I'm good for 3!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'm not ready to put an L in ink next to SDSU. They tried so hard to lose to everyone last season.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Vegas has Wyoming over/under at 5.5 wins. https://mwwire.com/2019/07/04/2019-moun ... in-totals/

This number seems about right to me with the defensive unknowns we will have. I was and still am at 5 wins but as stated this team could be anywhere between 2-9 wins. All those with worst case 7-5 should make 'easy money' and place their bets.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

These response make me laugh. Really going out on a limb here but i'm thinking between 0 and 12 wins. I'll say 7-5.