Football Seating

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Dankohner
Buckaroo

I will be attending my first home Wyoming football game with the game against UNLV. I was interested to where some good seats are for the game. Any suggestions, I was looking for the Wyoming side of the stadium.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Outside of the two far Southwest sections, the entire stadium is the ‘Wyoming side.’ But UNLV travels poorly so even those two sections will be the Wyoming side.

For a first time, I’d suggest buying tickets in like Section 28 on the East side of the stadium but then going to the lower level where the entire level is the ‘student section’ where it is open seating. The student section will not be anywhere close to full for the UNLV game so you will have great seats and not be in the middle of all the student craziness. My 2 cents.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I switch sides (East vs West) sometimes depending on the time, temperature and sun exposure
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Football seating? I want switched badly. From the seats I bought to the seats I sit in. (Bball complaint: ill buy football tickets to make the deal)
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Starting Next Year - Apparently we will be copying about every other University and doing rotating wear brown and gold based on the particular section for games (apparently already set for the Mizzou game). Personally and because the way people move throughout the stadium, this will be a complete failure. I will continue to wear whatever jersey or other gameday gear I choose for each particular game.

Why can't we try to be original for once? I don't know like how about everyone bring your cowbell to the game (that would probably be effective when the opposing team has the ball). Or everyone wear your cowboy hats. I don't know anything other than just purely copying other schools (see how well that worked with CSU for the turnover belt).
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 pm Starting Next Year - Apparently we will be copying about every other University and doing rotating wear brown and gold based on the particular section for games (apparently already set for the Mizzou game). Personally and because the way people move throughout the stadium, this will be a complete failure. I will continue to wear whatever jersey or other gameday gear I choose for each particular game.

Why can't we try to be original for once? I don't know like how about everyone bring your cowbell to the game (that would probably be effective when the opposing team has the ball). Or everyone wear your cowboy hats. I don't know anything other than just purely copying other schools (see how well that worked with CSU for the turnover belt).
Don't act like you're better than the promotion and everyone else. Have some fun and buy into the promotion! Attitudes like this are why they aren't successful.

Plus bringing cowbell is nothing new and creative like you think. Go look at Mississippi State.
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

or heaven forbid, we start doing the

W Y O Cheer from the east side to the west side and back and forth for more than once per game!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Douglaspoke wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:18 am or heaven forbid, we start doing the

W Y O Cheer from the east side to the west side and back and forth for more than once per game!
+1. The marketing department can't waste a precious time out before 3:00 left in the fourth quarter to do this. Got to recognize Jackwipe McGee for whatever he did and give him a plaque. That's way more important than continuing one of our only traditions
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:39 am
Douglaspoke wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:18 am or heaven forbid, we start doing the

+1. The marketing department can't waste a precious time out before 3:00 left in the fourth quarter to do this. Got to recognize Jackwipe McGee for whatever he did and give him a plaque. That's way more important than continuing one of our only traditions
Come on now. Giving out plaques is one of our traditions!

Anyone notice in the spring game when they honored the football player from the 70's (sorry I forget his name). He was happy to point out that you used to be able to tackle anyone and hit a quarterback when playing on defense :)
Dankohner
Buckaroo

I will be wearing my cowboy hat at the game!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Lower Eastside in student section some of the best seats in college football, i still sit there, interesting crowd at times, if u like to stand too
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Ordered my Mizzou tkts tonite with being on the pre sale list, $55 in knothole NW corner as i always sit in student section. Look like probably 4000 seats left give or take
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 pm Starting Next Year - Apparently we will be copying about every other University and doing rotating wear brown and gold based on the particular section for games (apparently already set for the Mizzou game). Personally and because the way people move throughout the stadium, this will be a complete failure. I will continue to wear whatever jersey or other gameday gear I choose for each particular game.

Since U of Wyoming mascot is the Cowboys I like the idea of wearing Cowboy hats.