Trace Young

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Unless it is a bad April Fool's joke he has announced he has entered the transfer portal.

I can see Belt leaving as well, not to mention Tariq Johnson career is probably over due to medical reasons.

Hey at least Edwards is staying.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Awesome. Next year is going to be so much better!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

God this program is in shambles.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Hmmm.

If true, I can see why.

Went from redshirting, to solid minutes (20+ a game including a game winner against some poop team) back down to the bench with almost no PT the last 4 or so games of the year.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
RapeljeJack
Buckaroo

Vapoke wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:53 pm Unless it is a bad April Fool's joke he has announced he has entered the transfer portal.

I can see Belt leaving as well, not to mention Tariq Johnson career is probably over due to medical reasons.

Hey at least Edwards is staying.
Are you guessing on Belt? I haven't heard a thing about him leaving. Tariq Johnson was due to the heart issue that they found during the season.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Vapoke wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:53 pm Hey at least Edwards is staying.
That IS NOT an April fool's joke! You are cruel!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Can't keep the goodens, damn, why doesn't anybody transfer to W.Y.O, lol
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:55 pm Can't keep the goodens, damn, why doesn't anybody transfer to W.Y.O, lol
I too am puzzled as to why we don't seem to be gaining transfer interest despite going 8-24 overall and finishing 2nd to last in a terrible Mountain West Conference and also losing our best player to graduation.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Sucks. He has a ton of potential.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

TSpoke wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:23 am Sucks. He has a ton of potential.
So tired of hearing this. He was slow. He played no defense and couldn't rebound. He shot less than 40 percent from the field. There was a reason his playing time plummeted. If you can't see the floor on a team as bad as ours, maybe those who thought he was the second coming got it wrong. I would be surprised if a major D1 program picks him up.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:59 am
So tired of hearing this. He was slow. He played no defense and couldn't rebound. He shot less than 40 percent from the field. There was a reason his playing time plummeted. If you can't see the floor on a team as bad as ours, maybe those who thought he was the second coming got it wrong. I would be surprised if a major D1 program picks him up.
Nope. Huge potential. I sat next to unlv assistants at the tourney. They want him.

Edwards almost seemed to be messing with him when player development should have been the priority. (Edwards wasn't trying to win so what was he doing?)

I assumed both hunters would return so Edwards number one off-season priority was to make sure to bring this guy back.

They better be working on recruiting him back.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:41 am
bladerunnr wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:59 am
Nope. Huge potential. I sat next to unlv assistants at the tourney. They want him.

Edwards almost seemed to be messing with him when player development should have been the priority. (Edwards wasn't trying to win so what was he doing?)

I assumed both hunters would return so Edwards number one off-season priority was to make sure to bring this guy back.

They better be working on recruiting him back.
Hell no. What are you talking about? Like an ex-girlfriend, once it goes wrong, it stays wrong. Move along and make the next one a better one.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Thanks Trace for a clutch performance in helping us beat Dixie State at home. Gone but not forgotten.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I'd transfer too after being yanked around like that.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

For a freshmen, I liked his potential. Too bad.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:43 pm I'd transfer too after being yanked around like that.
I think this is the key part. That sure is how it looked. If it looked like Edwards was trying to run someone off it would be young.

They should've been selling young on the idea of being a huge part and starter and then develop him. He prob sees the coaches preference for both TJ Taylor and mueller and them of course with maldanodo maybe he thinks he isn't looking at playing?

Big loss. Kenny.2 is coming though

I thought Hendricks could be a huge factor as a 6th man gunner but this prob pushes Kenny.2 to the 3 and keeps Hendricks starting
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

They better have Taylor and Porter coming back then.
.44caliberkiller
Blog Team

Word on the other board is that Young leaving was Edwards decision and not Young's. There was mention of some off the court behavior issues that the coaches didn't like.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

.44caliberkiller wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:18 am Word on the other board is that Young leaving was Edwards decision and not Young's. There was mention of some off the court behavior issues that the coaches didn't like.
Whats the explanation? What behavior? Edwards should explain himself. After his top guys son not only tanks off half the season getting to start at point guard but then beats the poop out of those girls from Gillette.

Young better be a real asshole for Edwards to run him off. Because his talent should have been a big part of next year and beyond.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Any idea where he's going