Fuchs Out

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Fuchs out as Oline coach. Report is Klayton Adams from CU will replace him.

I was hoping for a Mike Grant replacement.
2011BisonAlumni
Buckaroo

Wow

Stopped over here to see what is up. IMO, that is a horrible decision by Bohl. Fuchs is one heck of a coach and even a better man.
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

Don't have an opinion on Fuchs, but Klayton seems like a good addition. He was the Co-Offensive Coordinator (Run Game Coordinator) and TEs coach at CU. He also knows the MWC, played at BSU and was a GA there. Coached TEs at SJSU. I wonder if there are any recruits he might bring with him?
Vapoke
Cowpoke

With Colorado without a staff I would say there is a good chance he brings in recruits.
I thought Fuchs did well, but we don’t know the whole story. I would like to see Grant replaced, but at least Bohl is willing to replace coaches and not ride them out until it is too late (Vigen?)
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Vapoke wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:45 am With Colorado without a staff I would say there is a good chance he brings in recruits.
I thought Fuchs did well, but we don’t know the whole story. I would like to see Grant replaced, but at least Bohl is willing to replace coaches and not ride them out until it is too late (Vigen?)
My thoughts exactly. This a recruiting move not necessarily a "coaching" upgrade.
I'm good for 3!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

2011BisonAlumni wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:23 am Wow

Stopped over here to see what is up. IMO, that is a horrible decision by Bohl. Fuchs is one heck of a coach and even a better man.
Fuchs has kind of sucked. You guys can have him back. Our o-line can only get better. Pass blocking has always been terrible and any time we've had a good running back it's because they are exceptional at breaking tackles, and not necessarily b/c they have great holes to run through, admittedly the crap scheme has a lot to do with it
Last edited by LanderPoke on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Vapoke wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:45 am With Colorado without a staff I would say there is a good chance he brings in recruits.
I can't believe we're really going to trot another Vigen-led offense out there :x
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:59 am
2011BisonAlumni wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:23 am Wow

Fuchs has kind of sucked. You guys can have him back. Our o-line can only get better. Pass blocking has always been terrible and any time we've had a good running back it's because they are exceptional at breaking tackles, and not necessarily b/c they have great holes to run through, admittedly the crap scheme has a lot to do with it
This. I have never been blown away with the offensive line play since Bohl was here. Our best offense in that time was a once-in-a-generation running back paired with a once-in-a-generation QB who was running all over the place anyway. Bohl does gets some blame for the depth issues starting freshmen every damn season.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Recruiting move makes sense.

However, I wonder if this is Bohl's attempt to fix the offense?

Not sure our offensive issues are because of 2 position coaches.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
RapeljeJack
Buckaroo

I think that Fuchs was his own worst enemy. I have heard nothing but good things about the man personally.

Fuchs did A LOT of shuffling guys around every year, and for the last several years the OL started off slowly at the beginning of the season. The Tackle play was poor, and that is being generous. Fuchs had issues with settling down on a starting 5. Bohl wants to go to the next level and (just my feeling) he felt that the OL had not progressed, and everything that the Vigen offense is predicated on starts with the OL. With the OL playing so poorly it does (whether we like or not) limit the plays that the OC can call. I see this first and foremost as an upgrade, not as much of a recruiting item. Adams is from CA., we already have two people there, and I didn't think that the recruiting along the OL was that bad, they just never overall, except with a few exceptions, the OL didn't progress as much as they needed to make it a real strength of the Offense.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I have an acquaintance that coaches at CU and as soon as this move was announced he texted me and said Wyoming got one of the best coaches and guys he has ever been around in Adams.

I think this may be a simple case of Bohl seeing an opportunity to upgrade his staff with the shuffling taking place in Boulder. I like the move and he has OC expereince, maybe he can lend a hand to Vigen.

CU ran a solid offense this year with Laviska Shenault and Steven Montez. Montez is similar to Chambers. He is a big mobile QB,
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Added bonus: now we don't have to have a guy whose last name sounds like the Irish pronunciation of the f word on our staff. Fook!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:01 pm Added bonus: now we don't have to have a guy whose last name sounds like the Irish pronunciation of the f word on our staff. Fook!
Hard to grow up with that name. I'd get tired of, "No, it's not pronounced 'f-cks', it rhymes with 'pukes'."
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
eastside
Buckaroo

Adams is a disaster hire. I'm CU alum who follows the program closely. Love Wy as my son is current student in the CEAS. CU's OL has been woeful the last two years. a total cluster$&c!. All attributable to Adam. Thought CB know better.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

eastside wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:39 pm Adams is a disaster hire. I'm CU alum who follows the program closely. Love Wy as my son is current student in the CEAS. CU's OL has been woeful the last two years. a total cluster$&c!. All attributable to Adam. Thought CB know better.
I thought the line problems were mainly due to injuries (including ones they played through), and that's a big part of how they crashed this last season after winning 5 or 6 straight?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

eastside wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:39 pm Adams is a disaster hire. I'm CU alum who follows the program closely. Love Wy as my son is current student in the CEAS. CU's OL has been woeful the last two years. a total cluster$&c!. All attributable to Adam. Thought CB know better.
Well then I guess this is good news.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

J-Rod wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 am
Well then I guess this is good news.

wow. great. I'm sure there's just tons of qualified candidates still out there for us to hire.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

The nfl is f-word up our coaching staff
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:44 am The nfl is f-word up our coaching staff
Now if only they would hire Vigen. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!