Pokes at Clemson 2021

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Can't wait for this roadtrip, regardless the result, too bad we'll miss Trevor Lawrence but I've been in Clemson b4 should be fun
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'll take a stomping at the hands of Clemson. Between them and Texas, I suddenly have a lot of goodwill for stomping out the most obnoxiously whiny and aggrandizing fans in the country. The outrage by Georgia fans arguing that they should be in the playoffs because of how superior the SEC is was just too much. But then their silence when they got crapped on by Texas, and then their "quality loss" stomped on by Clemson, was delicious.

Who knows? Maybe by 2021 Wyoming will have figured out how to not be a doormat to P5 teams, though I seriously doubt it.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Clemson is going to rip our arms off. Who scheduled this lol
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 am I'll take a stomping at the hands of Clemson. Between them and Texas, I suddenly have a lot of goodwill for stomping out the most obnoxiously whiny and aggrandizing fans in the country. The outrage by Georgia fans arguing that they should be in the playoffs because of how superior the SEC is was just too much. But then their silence when they got crapped on by Texas, and then their "quality loss" stomped on by Clemson, was delicious.

Who knows? Maybe by 2021 Wyoming will have figured out how to not be a doormat to P5 teams, though I seriously doubt it.
Should Hazelton still be our DC, our defense will be fine.
Should our current OC still be doing the same old, same old, our offense will struggle to move the ball, let alone score.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 am I'll take a stomping at the hands of Clemson. Between them and Texas, I suddenly have a lot of goodwill for stomping out the most obnoxiously whiny and aggrandizing fans in the country. The outrage by Georgia fans arguing that they should be in the playoffs because of how superior the SEC is was just too much. But then their silence when they got crapped on by Texas, and then their "quality loss" stomped on by Clemson, was delicious.

If you don't believe the SEC is by far the best football conference in the nation BY FAR you need to do some research. Count the number of National Championship trophies the SEC has won compared to any other conference and I think you will find it to be at least double. Yes, this has been a bad year for the SEC but they will be back with a vengeance in 2019 you can bet on that! Unlike the crappy teams in the Big 10, Pac-12, Big 12 the SEC has always been King of College Football and will continue to be so.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:52 pm

If you don't believe the SEC is by far the best football conference in the nation BY FAR you need to do some research. Count the number of National Championship trophies the SEC has won compared to any other conference and I think you will find it to be at least double. Yes, this has been a bad year for the SEC but they will be back with a vengeance in 2019 you can bet on that! Unlike the crappy teams in the Big 10, Pac-12, Big 12 the SEC has always been King of College Football and will continue to be so.
Translation: the SEC is the South's revenge for losing the American Civil War.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Eh, some years it is others it isn't. Without any sort of tournament with truly neutral field playoffs it is hard to make an exact determination. Would the SEC be as good as they are if they had to play post season bowls in the Big 10 or Pac 10 backyards? History suggests no. Heck in 2014 Oklahoma beat Alabama in what was almost a home game for Alabama at New Orleans (I have to travel further in state to go to Wyoming home games than what Bama fans had to travel for that). SEC benefits from playing the majority of their postseason bowl games in their backyard and it inflates their record.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Sean ‘Deshaun Watson’ Chambers will be a 4th year Junior in 2021. Wyoming wins by 10 but the game really won’t be that close as Wyoming dominates.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Wyokie wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:57 pm

That's right. Former confederate general Nathan Bedford Forrest established the SEC the day after he helped to start the KKK.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

This is actually far from the truth. They are a distant 2nd to the Big Ten by 8 trophy's.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

poop! The SEC was winning NC’s when it was a popularity contest and it was a national perception. It still is to some degree as a committee picks the teams.

Remember the first year of the so-called playoff Ohio State was a questionable entry and they ended up boat racing everyone with a 3rd string quarterback! While they have good teams, they are not the juggernaut they’re made out to be.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

The SEC is still the most superior conference in the nation by far. You can take one game if you want and make a judgement call and say the SEC is not the best conference. But let every team from whatever conference you want to pick and let every team from that conference play every team in the SEC and can promise you this, the SEC will come out by far the better conference of any other conference in the nation. BAR NONE!
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

Expat_Poke wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:21 am

Eh, some years it is others it isn't. Without any sort of tournament with truly neutral field playoffs it is hard to make an exact determination. Would the SEC be as good as they are if they had to play post season bowls in the Big 10 or Pac 10 backyards? History suggests no. Heck in 2014 Oklahoma beat Alabama in what was almost a home game for Alabama at New Orleans (I have to travel further in state to go to Wyoming home games than what Bama fans had to travel for that). SEC benefits from playing the majority of their postseason bowl games in their backyard and it inflates their record.
You're picking out one game. Heck, let's let every team in conference (whichever conference is considered to be the next best conference to the SEC) and I'll every dollar I have and every penny I can borrow the SEC will come out on top by far.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:50 pm

You're picking out one game. Heck, let's let every team in conference (whichever conference is considered to be the next best conference to the SEC) and I'll every dollar I have and every penny I can borrow the SEC will come out on top by far.
Some years sure other years, nope. While I used one game to illustrate a point that doesn't mean that is the only example. There are plenty of examples (Wyo Tenn, Wyo Ole Miss, Mich -Alabama Orange bowl...). Those are just off the top of my head. And again you ignore that all the SEC bowls are in their backyard. They are practically home games.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

Expat_Poke wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:43 pm

Some years sure other years, nope. While I used one game to illustrate a point that doesn't mean that is the only example. There are plenty of examples (Wyo Tenn, Wyo Ole Miss, Mich -Alabama Orange bowl...). Those are just off the top of my head. And again you ignore that all the SEC bowls are in their backyard. They are practically home games.
In all due respect, it tickled the heck out of me when Wyoming beat UTenn on Rocky Bottom (I hate UT) however it was the Saturday immediately following the announcement earlier in the week UT had fired HC Phil Fulmer who won a National Championship several years prior to that. The UT team was not up for that game. And I'm not taking away thing away from Wyo because I love the state of Wyoming and I really enjoyed my visit to the UW campus. But, my gosh, I can pick out a slew of games South Carolina has defeated from the Big 10 alone. Ohio State twice in bowl games, Mich three times twice in bowl games (one which included the hit by J. Clowney) and one game in the Big House. They also beat Nebraska in a bowl game several years ago. It's been a long time since South Carolina has lost to a Big 10 team. But again, if anyone wants to line up games from any conference in the nation and every team from that conference plays every team from the SEC, I'll take the SEC for every dime I have and can borrow.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

Lost Poke wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:34 am
Wyokie wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:57 pm

That's right. Former confederate general Nathan Bedford Forrest established the SEC the day after he helped to start the KKK.
I would be careful with that statement if I were you, it could show racism on your part. There are probably 85% plus African-Americans that currently play football in the SEC.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:48 pm
Expat_Poke wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:43 pm

In all due respect, it tickled the heck out of me when Wyoming beat UTenn on Rocky Bottom (I hate UT) however it was the Saturday immediately following the announcement earlier in the week UT had fired HC Phil Fulmer who won a National Championship several years prior to that. The UT team was not up for that game. And I'm not taking away thing away from Wyo because I love the state of Wyoming and I really enjoyed my visit to the UW campus. But, my gosh, I can pick out a slew of games South Carolina has defeated from the Big 10 alone. Ohio State twice in bowl games, Mich three times twice in bowl games (one which included the hit by J. Clowney) and one game in the Big House. They also beat Nebraska in a bowl game several years ago. It's been a long time since South Carolina has lost to a Big 10 team. But again, if anyone wants to line up games from any conference in the nation and every team from that conference plays every team from the SEC, I'll take the SEC for every dime I have and can borrow.
All those bowl games you mention. Where were they played? In the SEC's backyard. My point being is that the B$G and Big 12 have held their own playing the SEC in the SEC's backyard. They are practically home games, and the SEC has not won enough of those bowl games to match having a home court advantage to show they are leagues ahead of the other top conferences.

SC vs Michigan 3-1 in favor of SC. Funny enough in 1980 SC won in Ann Arbor, Michigan returned the favor in 1985 in SC. Since then the next two games were in Florida and both were one score affairs.

Bama - Michigan 2-2 all games in the south

Florida - Michigan 1-4 again all games in the south

Auburn - Michigan 1-1 again all games in the south

Michigan - Georgia 1-1 this is the only one I found where both games (60's) were in Ann Arbor

Where is this dominance, I don't see it. For the record Michigan is 26-13-1 vs current SEC teams.

I don't care about excuses for Tenn. If they were so much better it shouldn't have mattered. Thing is when Wyo went into Tenn and Ole Miss and beat them the MWC was a good conference (not saying top) and it showed.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

There was that time the MWC champions beat the poop out of a 12 win Nick Saban team in the 2009 Sugar Bowl. Utah was as good as any team in the country that year ( same season UW beat Tennessee right?). Bottom of the MW beat the bottom of the SEC and the top of the MW beat the best of the SEC.