South Carolina -4.5?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 am
Poke in New England wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:48 am Is there any chance in hell we keep it that close?
Only before tip-off.
Here to eat crow. So glad they got the win, regardless!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:12 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:05 am
TSpoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:40 am Came down to Hendricks hitting 3's unlike the last 2 games. If he is off we become very easy to defend. It also came down to SC shooting. Not sure if we played great defense or they were just had a awful night.

I am still cautiously optimistic about this team if they continue to gel and get better and we see the young guys continue to mature and then can get Naughton back and keep him healthy.

Porter is gonna be playing more the rest of the year with the hits to the front court he needs to learn to play defense without fouling. I think we have seen why his minutes so far have been limited.
Just like every team in the country, were going to need to hit shots to win games. Last night we did. It was awesome! Hendricks finally looked like the sharpshooter he was billed as instead of the faux hawked Aka Gorski. I hope hes building confidence and we can rely on him to hit 3-5 a game to keep teams honest and off double teams of JJ.

Another HUGE change last night was weren't charmin soft on the inside. Getting HT back has been huge. He plays like a big but can stretch the floor and makes the opponents at least think about him. He can hit shots, he can rebound, he plays D, he even has to potential for some rim protection. You can see him gaining confidence every game. Thats big. We are no longer playing 3 on 5. Last night were truly 5 on 5 and we looked much better.
HT is pretty ground-bound from what I've seen, but he's a good shooter and at least offers some rim protection and rebounding. The offense is there or close and hopefully the other areas of his game come along and I think they will and he'll be awesome.

What the heck is that on Hendrick's head lol? Hendricks is nothing like AKA gorski. Hendricks is extremely athletic and is a complete player. He made a few awesome defensive plays on driving guards and can stay in front of his man like no one's business. IMO we've finally got the athletes to finally play a man defense. We should do so
I hope we see this consistently. So far, and I know hes been dealing with some injuries and such, Hendricks hasn't found his stroke. Last night he finally looked confident and knocked down some big shots!

As for his hair, its swag bruh. :rofl: :D
Hendricks just had two bad games (Evansville and UNC) back to back, but that will happen to perimeter shooters. He wa shooting 44% on a high number of attempts before those two games and is now shooting 40.3% on a decent number of attempts.

Like many JC transfers, he still has a ways to go in terms of defensive consistency and knowing where to be on offense, but he has brought what he was expected to bring (perimeter shooting).
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Looks like South Carolina played Michigan kinda tough at Michigan. I don’t believe in the “we beat them and they beat them” mentality, but on paper, it looks like a good win. If we play with rotation that we had in the second half of the SC game and play as well as we did, this team could make some noise. Nevada is the only team out of our reach I think
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Vt poke wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:20 pm Looks like South Carolina played Michigan kinda tough at Michigan. I don’t believe in the “we beat them and they beat them” mentality, but on paper, it looks like a good win. If we play with rotation that we had in the second half of the SC game and play as well as we did, this team could make some noise. Nevada is the only team out of our reach I think
Yep...outside of Nevada it is a crapshoot in the MWC. With any luck we begin to see some consistency going forward.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

307bball wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:53 am
Vt poke wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:20 pm Looks like South Carolina played Michigan kinda tough at Michigan. I don’t believe in the “we beat them and they beat them” mentality, but on paper, it looks like a good win. If we play with rotation that we had in the second half of the SC game and play as well as we did, this team could make some noise. Nevada is the only team out of our reach I think
Yep...outside of Nevada it is a crapshoot in the MWC. With any luck we begin to see some consistency going forward.
It would be nice if they came out and handled business against DU. I'm not saying we need to blow em out, just stay in control the whole game and never let them into it. We have not had a game like that yet this year.