Coaches Salaries

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Thought this was interesting...

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Hazelton - worth it
Vigen - wtf??????
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Good! We have to pay the most if we are going to attract quality candidates to Laramie. As much as we love Laramie, it is not easy convincing the wife when she isn't from here.

Thanks for posting.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Position coaches are all making 150k
Exceptions are Fuchs making 180k
Craig Bohl is making about 1.4 mil also has about 400k in bonus money to be earned.

Crazy coach Glenn only made about 470k

Overall we are third in the conference for assistant Pay.
Boise 2.3mil
Csu 1.94 mil
Wyo 1.92 mil
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

poke_addict wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:01 pm Position coaches are all making 150k
Exceptions are Fuchs making 180k
Craig Bohl is making about 1.4 mil also has about 400k in bonus money to be earned.

Crazy coach Glenn only made about 470k

Overall we are third in the conference for assistant Pay.
Boise 2.3mil
Csu 1.94 mil
Wyo 1.92 mil
One also has to consider that your $$$ goes way further here than most places and we have the lowest taxes, so our coaches are really getting paid well.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:51 pm Good! We have to pay the most if we are going to attract quality candidates to Laramie. As much as we love Laramie, it is not easy convincing the wife when she isn't from here.

Thanks for posting.
I don't know if there is much truth to this, but OK
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

No state income tax AND relatively low cost of living has to be a plus for Laramie.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:19 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:51 pm Good! We have to pay the most if we are going to attract quality candidates to Laramie. As much as we love Laramie, it is not easy convincing the wife when she isn't from here.

Thanks for posting.
Ya, agree. In the eye of the beholder only.

You dangle $500,000 to me to live in Laramie and work, versus $750,000 to live in Denver and work - you can stick the $250,000 extra where the sun doesn't shine. For a plethora of reasons!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:38 am

Thanks for posting.

You dangle $500,000 to me to live in Laramie and work, versus $750,000 to live in Denver and work - you can stick the $250,000 extra where the sun doesn't shine. For a plethora of reasons!
You and I agree on this. Many people don't and will take the lower salary to live in Denver.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am You and I agree on this. Many people don't and will take the lower salary to live in Denver.
Is that really common? Most people I know (mainly friends and former colleagues, to be fair) who take jobs in Denver only take them because they're significant raises. Sadly, there's also where most of offers aimed at me have been as well. It's definitely tempting when somebody dangles a $30-40k raise under your nose, but when you realize you're going to spend an extra 90 minutes in traffic every day to get that money, it's suddenly not attractive at all anymore.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am You and I agree on this. Many people don't and will take the lower salary to live in Denver.
Is that really common? Most people I know (mainly friends and former colleagues, to be fair) who take jobs in Denver only take them because they're significant raises. Sadly, there's also where most of offers aimed at me have been as well. It's definitely tempting when somebody dangles a $30-40k raise under your nose, but when you realize you're going to spend an extra 90 minutes in traffic every day to get that money, it's suddenly not attractive at all anymore.
Yes it is very common. I even have some colleagues that work in Wyoming for a higher wage than they could obtain in Colorado and live in Colorado mostly because of the spousal demand (which is nuts to me to pay a Colorado state income tax on Wyoming income and to deal with the traffic, etc..)

In fact and not in my profession, I believe most high school principals and assistant principals in Cheyenne actually live in Colorado. I believe every single one at the relatively new South High School.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

They're still commuting for a higher wage rather than a lower one, though?

Either way, seems crazy to me. Only way I'd do the Denver commute was if there actually was a convenient high speed rail option or something. My version of hell is being perpetually stuck in Denver rush hour traffic.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am

Thanks for posting.

You and I agree on this. Many people don't and will take the lower salary to live in Denver.
There will be a day in my life where Laramie will be the "second home" for only summer and fall, and I will live somewhere that I don't have to shovel. I may have to drop down to the "Hungry Man" meal plan (or early bird old fart discount dining), to afford it all, but it will happen.

At some point, the desire to bundle up and get my ass kicked in the driveway in February will cease to exist. LOL!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 pm There will be a day in my life where Laramie will be the "second home" for only summer and fall, and I will live somewhere that I don't have to shovel. I may have to drop down to the "Hungry Man" meal plan (or early bird old fart discount dining), to afford it all, but it will happen.

At some point, the desire to bundle up and get my ass kicked in the driveway in February will cease to exist. LOL!
That is in my plan as well :lol: . I love Laramie and Wyoming but the cold and wind can be brutal when I can't even walk my dog for a week straight during the winter.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:24 pm
McPeachy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 pm There will be a day in my life where Laramie will be the "second home" for only summer and fall, and I will live somewhere that I don't have to shovel. I may have to drop down to the "Hungry Man" meal plan (or early bird old fart discount dining), to afford it all, but it will happen.

That is in my plan as well :lol: . I love Laramie and Wyoming but the cold and wind can be brutal when I can't even walk my dog for a week straight during the winter.
Summer and fall in Laramie can't be beaten. Perfect. Winter can be brutal and spring is just annoying some years.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am

Thanks for posting.

There will be a day in my life where Laramie will be the "second home" for only summer and fall, and I will live somewhere that I don't have to shovel. I may have to drop down to the "Hungry Man" meal plan (or early bird old fart discount dining), to afford it all, but it will happen.

pansy.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

pansy
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Summer and fall in Laramie can't be beaten. Perfect. Winter can be brutal and spring is just annoying some years.
pansy. Winters are great. Lots of snow to play in. Skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing. Tons of fun to be had in the winter. MY favorite winter sport... basketball lol
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Hazleton is second highest paid assistant in Non P5 world behind Bill Young
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

gopokes1399 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:08 pm Hazleton is second highest paid assistant in Non P5 world behind Bill Young
From what I've seen, he's worth every penny.