South Carolina -4.5?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Brandon Porter has already fouled out of the game. This can’t be real.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

How many soft f-word fouls are they going to call on us Jesus
W-Y, Until I Die!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Vapoke wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:52 pm Brandon Porter has already fouled out of the game. This can’t be real.
Don't think I've ever seen that before.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Holy poop, maldo gets fouled and they call another weak moving screen
W-Y, Until I Die!
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Sweet ally-oop!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

First time I’ve heard the crowd this season. Man, the team can use them
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Best game of the year. Actually saw some coaching and some adjustments in game tonight. I liked this team very much.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Nice win tonight, hopefully it will give them the much-needed confidence moving forward.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I feel horrible for saying this but I honestly think we lose that game if Mueller didn't get hurt. Pokes are so much more athletic when he's not on the floor. We're still undersized, but we had a lot more disadvantages match up wise when he was in the game. Nice win, probably the best the Pokes have shot all season.
If JJ finishes the season averaging a 24 point double double plus 5 assists, I don't know how he doesn't win player of the year in the MWC.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Taylor played really well as well! JJ and Maldo driving and kicking it out to Hendricks for the three were huge. This team isn’t done with yet. Once we get Naughton back, we might have a chance in the MWC. Surprised we didn’t see Johnson at all. What’s going on with him?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

FarmerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 pm If JJ finishes the season averaging a 24 point double double plus 5 assists, I don't know how he doesn't win player of the year in the MWC.
Doubt he'll win if we end up being able to count our conference wins on one hand. Seems like you have to finish top 3 to be eligible for player of the year. Just like when Nance got robbed by Derrick Marks in 2015 and Josh got robbed by Marvelle Harris in 2016
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wow just checked the score, surprising but musta made 7220 work to our advantage for a change...Good job and win Pokes
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Vt poke wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:18 pm Taylor played really well as well! JJ and Maldo driving and kicking it out to Hendricks for the three were huge. This team isn’t done with yet. Once we get Naughton back, we might have a chance in the MWC. Surprised we didn’t see Johnson at all. What’s going on with him?
As you said in another post, this team looks good at times. If they can bring it all together they could be solid.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

First off, great win! Proud of the team.

Refs sucked bad! Lots of soft, soft fouls. We made our run with JJ/Hendricks/Taylor/Thompson/Maldonado. More of that, please! Redding needs 15 min/game. JJ is phenomenally good this year! He’s maybe the best rebounding guard I’ve ever seen. Taylor is going to be good, however he needs to gain some weight. When Hendricks is on from the perimeter, we’re hard to beat
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Came down to Hendricks hitting 3's unlike the last 2 games. If he is off we become very easy to defend. It also came down to SC shooting. Not sure if we played great defense or they were just had a awful night.

I am still cautiously optimistic about this team if they continue to gel and get better and we see the young guys continue to mature and then can get Naughton back and keep him healthy.

Porter is gonna be playing more the rest of the year with the hits to the front court he needs to learn to play defense without fouling. I think we have seen why his minutes so far have been limited.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:17 pm First off, great win! Proud of the team.

Refs sucked bad! Lots of soft, soft fouls. We made our run with JJ/Hendricks/Taylor/Thompson/Maldonado. More of that, please! Redding needs 15 min/game. JJ is phenomenally good this year! He’s maybe the best rebounding guard I’ve ever seen. Taylor is going to be good, however he needs to gain some weight. When Hendricks is on from the perimeter, we’re hard to beat
I loved that lineup as well! The only scary thing was on two straight possessions JJ turned it over. Ny is never going to set the world on fire, but he’s is a good ball handler and a great free throw shooter
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:40 am Came down to Hendricks hitting 3's unlike the last 2 games. If he is off we become very easy to defend. It also came down to SC shooting. Not sure if we played great defense or they were just had a awful night.

I am still cautiously optimistic about this team if they continue to gel and get better and we see the young guys continue to mature and then can get Naughton back and keep him healthy.

Porter is gonna be playing more the rest of the year with the hits to the front court he needs to learn to play defense without fouling. I think we have seen why his minutes so far have been limited.
Just like every team in the country, were going to need to hit shots to win games. Last night we did. It was awesome! Hendricks finally looked like the sharpshooter he was billed as instead of the faux hawked Aka Gorski. I hope hes building confidence and we can rely on him to hit 3-5 a game to keep teams honest and off double teams of JJ.

Another HUGE change last night was weren't charmin soft on the inside. Getting HT back has been huge. He plays like a big but can stretch the floor and makes the opponents at least think about him. He can hit shots, he can rebound, he plays D, he even has to potential for some rim protection. You can see him gaining confidence every game. Thats big. We are no longer playing 3 on 5. Last night were truly 5 on 5 and we looked much better.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:05 am
TSpoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:40 am Came down to Hendricks hitting 3's unlike the last 2 games. If he is off we become very easy to defend. It also came down to SC shooting. Not sure if we played great defense or they were just had a awful night.

Just like every team in the country, were going to need to hit shots to win games. Last night we did. It was awesome! Hendricks finally looked like the sharpshooter he was billed as instead of the faux hawked Aka Gorski. I hope hes building confidence and we can rely on him to hit 3-5 a game to keep teams honest and off double teams of JJ.

Another HUGE change last night was weren't charmin soft on the inside. Getting HT back has been huge. He plays like a big but can stretch the floor and makes the opponents at least think about him. He can hit shots, he can rebound, he plays D, he even has to potential for some rim protection. You can see him gaining confidence every game. Thats big. We are no longer playing 3 on 5. Last night were truly 5 on 5 and we looked much better.
HT is pretty ground-bound from what I've seen, but he's a good shooter and at least offers some rim protection and rebounding. The offense is there or close and hopefully the other areas of his game come along and I think they will and he'll be awesome.

What the heck is that on Hendrick's head lol? Hendricks is nothing like AKA gorski. Hendricks is extremely athletic and is a complete player. He made a few awesome defensive plays on driving guards and can stay in front of his man like no one's business. IMO we've finally got the athletes to finally play a man defense. We should do so
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 am

HT is pretty ground-bound from what I've seen, but he's a good shooter and at least offers some rim protection and rebounding. The offense is there or close and hopefully the other areas of his game come along and I think they will and he'll be awesome.

What the heck is that on Hendrick's head lol? Hendricks is nothing like AKA gorski. Hendricks is extremely athletic and is a complete player. He made a few awesome defensive plays on driving guards and can stay in front of his man like no one's business. IMO we've finally got the athletes to finally play a man defense. We should do so
I hope we see this consistently. So far, and I know hes been dealing with some injuries and such, Hendricks hasn't found his stroke. Last night he finally looked confident and knocked down some big shots!

As for his hair, its swag bruh. :rofl: :D
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:12 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 am

I hope we see this consistently. So far, and I know hes been dealing with some injuries and such, Hendricks hasn't found his stroke. Last night he finally looked confident and knocked down some big shots!

As for his hair, its swag bruh. :rofl: :D
Maldo ado and Hendricks need to visit the barber. :rofl:

Anyway, Hendricks is shooting .403 on threes. I'd say he's been as advertised. He hasn't made many shots inside the arc, but that's not his game.