Doesn't look good for Ghaifan

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wow, very serious allegations. He is lucky that he is graduating in a December, these are the type of allegations that would get someone kicked out of the University.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

so freaking stupid if it's true. He threw away an NFL career.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Well that's certainly more serious than I originally thought..
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

So, he goes into an open room where she's cleaning, closes the door, pins her to the wall, and starts kissing her? In the morning of game day?

He obviously got her number, so there's something here, but the description is off to me considering Ghaifan's public image and history.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Unless you know someone personally...hard to tell what they are really like. Although it did seem weird about the number, etc. BUT BEFORE A GAME? WTF?

Hope it wasn't like the story says, if it is...wow. And NFL career.....if he is good enough he will get a shot. Guys have been accused of way worse. Interested to see how this all shakes out.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

J-Bone wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:35 pm So, he goes into an open room where she's cleaning, closes the door, pins her to the wall, and starts kissing her? In the morning of game day?

He obviously got her number, so there's something here, but the description is off to me considering Ghaifan's public image and history.
I agree that it doesn't fit his public image of a good guy, but holy cow. How dumb he be? You can't force yourself onto a woman in today's day in age.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

If he tried forcing himself on her wouldn't that be reason for an arrest? Either way YoYo wasn't thinking of the team first.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

What a dumb move to try to get some tail, his mistake may cost him big time, hope he really learns from this. Yoyo's kinda a dodo in this
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Too early to make judgements fellas. Time will tell. Weird that she gave him her real number.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

phxpoke wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:54 pm Weird that she gave him her real number.
Not weird if she was thinking it would ultimately help identify him.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

phxpoke wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:54 pm Too early to make judgements fellas. Time will tell. Weird that she gave him her real number.
Agreed. He said / she said. He will lose in today's climate though - regardless.

Most confusing to me? She "pushed him away"? A f-word 300lb well conditioned DL, versus what, a 150lb maid? And she pushed him away? Hell, there were O lineman that couldn't do that this year, but she could? I call poop on that alone.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:30 am
phxpoke wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:54 pm Too early to make judgements fellas. Time will tell. Weird that she gave him her real number.
Agreed. He said / she said. He will lose in today's climate though - regardless.

Most confusing to me? She "pushed him away"? A f-word 300lb well conditioned DL, versus what, a 150lb maid? And she pushed him away? Hell, there were O lineman that couldn't do that this year, but she could? I call poop on that alone.
Certainly a he-said/she said but I don't think anyone has any adequate information at this point to call poop on anything one way or another.

However, let's say a player simply tries to proposition a housekeeper at a team hotel on a game day on a team trip. This in and of itself with nothing further is not a criminal act but still in my mind would justify a player's suspension. I say this because quite often housekeepers in our country are persons with the background/education which lends itself to being taken advantage of. From a strictly moral perspective, I have issues trying to proposition the housekeeper because she might not understand her ability to decline as well as others might (she might think that her boss wants to make sure guests are happy). Add on top of this a team trip where the focus should be football, preparation and rest and I have a lot of concerns outside of the criminal realm.
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Hey can you clarify the "climate" you're referring to? Do you mean our pervasive climate where many men still think they can intimidate or coerce women into what they want without repercussions, or the currently changing state of that climate where women (and men) are expressing disgust at the presumption that consent isn't really necessary? I mean, him simply kicking out the door stop is enough for me. In what world do you think that is okay?
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I'm skeptical.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

There's nowhere neear enough information to call the whole thing one way or the other, let alone this detail of the account. Was her back against the wall? If so, the wall becomes a force multiplier against someone unsupported. Was he off balance? If so, his own weight would work against him. Was he momentarily distracted? If so, he wouldn't be prepared for counter force. Was he in the act of pulling her toward him or lifting her? If so, again, his bulk could be used as a counter force against him.

Seldom do interpersonal physical actions occur in a clean manner, absent of any other factors. It's the nature of most altercations. It is entirely possible, even likely, that she could have pushed him away...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Times have changed. 40 years ago this event would have been nothing and just brushed off.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

GOWYO wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:47 am

Hey can you clarify the "climate" you're referring to? Do you mean our pervasive climate where many men still think they can intimidate or coerce women into what they want without repercussions, or the currently changing state of that climate where women (and men) are expressing disgust at the presumption that consent isn't really necessary? I mean, him simply kicking out the door stop is enough for me. In what world do you think that is okay?
LOL - relax. Guilty until proven innocent...not related to anything or anyone specifically, or any situation specifically (the deed, race, color, creed, number to fingers, hair color, career, blood type, etc., etc., etc). Our legal system is a god damned disaster, from top to bottom. Clear enough for you? Your assumptions prove my point.

Oh, and where you there to see him "kick out the door stop"? Did he really do that, are you assuming he did, therefore he is automatically guilty? Is it on camera (it should be)? Again, guilty until proven innocent. And ya, if somebody kicks out a doorstop, it is automatically rape.
Last edited by McPeachy on Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:40 am

Certainly a he-said/she said but I don't think anyone has any adequate information at this point to call poop on anything one way or another.

However, let's say a player simply tries to proposition a housekeeper at a team hotel on a game day on a team trip. This in and of itself with nothing further is not a criminal act but still in my mind would justify a player's suspension. I say this because quite often housekeepers in our country are persons with the background/education which lends itself to being taken advantage of. From a strictly moral perspective, I have issues trying to proposition the housekeeper because she might not understand her ability to decline as well as others might (she might think that her boss wants to make sure guests are happy). Add on top of this a team trip where the focus should be football, preparation and rest and I have a lot of concerns outside of the criminal realm.
Agreed - my point wasn't anything more than questioning whether she is telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (in this specific situation). Quite odd...
Dear Karma,

TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

GOWYO wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:47 am

Great post.

Its weird to hear people say that "these days you can't get away with something like this" when would something like this ever been ok?