USU -15.5?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Seems like more easy money? Unless they’re secretly hiding their QB is out like Hawaii. I don’t see anyway barring a bunch of turnovers we keep it within 3 TDs. They’re going to get their points.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

calpoke25 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:00 pm Seems like more easy money? Unless they’re secretly hiding their QB is out like Hawaii. I don’t see anyway barring a bunch of turnovers we keep it within 3 TDs. They’re going to get their points.
A now deceased investment analyst once said famously, "The trend is your friend". Wyo. has not covered a line since week one. Of course you take USU. If we get behind eary, it could really get ugly. There is no way we change much of anything on offense - because we haven't in Bohl's entire tenure.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

calpoke25 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:00 pm Seems like more easy money? Unless they’re secretly hiding their QB is out like Hawaii. I don’t see anyway barring a bunch of turnovers we keep it within 3 TDs. They’re going to get their points.
I believe it would be a bad bet to take USU to cover. While the offense won't score much, the defense has 3-5 NFL caliber players and that along could be sufficient to hold off USU's prolific offense. I was certainly wrong on Fresno covering but I don't believe betting against Wyoming on the line would be easy money. For someone considering this bet, they should also then put a small sum of money on the money line for Wyoming to win outright in order to hedge a bit.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Can anyone loan me $1,000,000,000,000,000 to take USU and give 15.5?

USU will be the 3rd - 4th best team we will play this year. And will throttle the piss out of us. Brent Vigen will make sure of it.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Yeah, we don't keep them under 40, but unless they put third string defense in and we keep Evans going against them, we won't get past 15 points.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:59 pm And will throttle the piss out of us. Brent Vigen will make sure of it.
I was thinking - is Vigen a relative of the Broncos Bill Musgrave? Are they secret lovers? Did they bump into each other someplace and one caught the looser virus from the other? Or just coincidence?
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:52 pm
I believe it would be a bad bet to take USU to cover. While the offense won't score much, the defense has 3-5 NFL caliber players and that along could be sufficient to hold off USU's prolific offense. I was certainly wrong on Fresno covering but I don't believe betting against Wyoming on the line would be easy money. For someone considering this bet, they should also then put a small sum of money on the money line for Wyoming to win outright in order to hedge a bit.
Define holding off their offense? I think they will score 35 on us minimum given how many chances their offense will have when we go 3 and out. USU has covered every spread this year and we have only covered the first game. This seems like a lock to me. Guess we will find out. It could resemble their 2014 game here too, holding them to 22 and us only scoring 3.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

calpoke25 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:44 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:52 pm
Define holding off their offense? I think they will score 35 on us minimum given how many chances their offense will have when we go 3 and out. USU has covered every spread this year and we have only covered the first game. This seems like a lock to me. Guess we will find out. It could resemble their 2014 game here too, holding them to 22 and us only scoring 3.
I agree. They will score at minimum 35 to 40 points. They have the best offense we will play this year other than Missouri. Love is one of the best QB's I have seen play this year and their receivers catch the ball. Beat down coming.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

How about that passing game coordinator that would love to be at UW? You think we pay more than they do? Gregg Brandon would prob hire Bouknight, he’d be an upgrade over our poop staff now.

Edit: poop offensive staff.

PS: yes he would be.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Hoping the Pokes can have a good showing for homecoming. Should be beautiful late October weather. A Pokes win would be lovely. fingers crossed
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

It’s fitting that we are about to get raped because USU has been great at that lately.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

USU has scored the following this year:

31 against Michigan State
60 against New Mexico State
73 against Tennessee Tech
42 against Air Force
45 against BYU
59 against UNLV

They are going to boat race Wyoming. The defense probably keeps it within 14 the first half, but as usual, Wyoming will have the wheels completely fall off the second half and the rout will be on. I'll take USU and give 15.5 any day.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

I would take USU -28 tomorrow.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

marcuswyo wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:52 pm How about that passing game coordinator that would love to be at UW? You think we pay more than they do? Gregg Brandon would prob hire Bouknight, he’d be an upgrade over our poop staff now.

I like your Brandon references lately. If 'ol Bohly ever hooks Vigen, I would think Brandon would be a solid fit, and a massive upgrade. He would probably still be here if Dickface wasn't such an asshole to work for.
Last edited by McPeachy on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:47 am
marcuswyo wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:52 pm How about that passing game coordinator that would love to be at UW? You think we pay more than they do? Gregg Brandon would prob hire Bouknight, he’d be an upgrade over our poop staff now.

I like your Brandon references lately. If 'ol Bohly ever hooks Vigen, I would thing Brandon would be a solid fit, and a massive upgrade. He would probably still be here if Dickface wasn't such an asshole to work for.
Exactly! Brandon is really the only reason Christensen was at Wyoming as long as he was because that offense improved dramatically when he came in. Christensen's ego forced Brandon out. Brandon may very well win a National Championship this year. That Mines team looks unstoppable at the D2 level (even though it is not the most physically talented team).
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

The Arizona Cardinals fired theiroffensive coordinator this morning. I'm sure it was due to their embarrassment against the Broncos last night. Bohl really needs to take a hard look at doing the same thing.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

phxpoke wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:33 am The Arizona Cardinals fired theiroffensive coordinator this morning. I'm sure it was due to their embarrassment against the Broncos last night. Bohl really needs to take a hard look at doing the same thing.
Rosen sucks, by the way
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Hammer the aggies. Bet the farm
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Hey guys!
Utah State fan here.
Time for my annual pre game thoughts. First, don't bet against people who do it for a living. Vegas is calling it Aggies -15.5. We're 6-0 ATS the spread. Vegas is occasionally wrong, but usually not by very much. Utah State scores a lot, but usually in explosive plays. A week or so ago, we were second in FBS for scoring drives lasting less than a minute. What that translates out to is a disconnect between scoring and time of possession. Often the time of possession is 2:1 or even 3:1 in favor of our opponent. When your offense spends that much more time on the field, you may actually score more than you expect. Factoring all this in, I'm predicting Utah State 28 - 6.
So, I know you guys aren't particularly happy with the way the year is going. Things can turn around pretty fast in college sports. 2013 we were Mountain Division champions. 2016 we were 3 - 9. This year, well, things are looking pretty good. Personally, I'd like to see this game, year in and year out, decide the Mountain Division champion. I'd like to see both programs thriving. I want to see games with a Vegas spread of 1 or 2 points, and decided by less than a touchdown. I'd like to see the division championship spend 70% of the time in Logan and 30% in Laramie (I like you guys, but not THAT much!). I'd like to see both fan bases excited and optimistic about their programs. I hope one day we're both there.
So, it's on for tomorrow. I hope both teams can walk away with their heads high. I hope there are no injuries.
I love being in this conference, and one of the best things about it is renewing a great series/rivalry.
Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

What’s the tv situation for this game? Not that I’m all that excited to watch the beat down.
W-Y, Until I Die!