Cheyenne

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
braves84
Buckaroo

Just curious is there a csu fanbase there, isn't it about the same distance from Laramie and ft. collins?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 233 times

braves84 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:26 pm Just curious is there a csu fanbase there, isn't it about the same distance from Laramie and ft. collins?
No there is not. There is a Wyoming fan base and a Nebraska fan base. There may be a few CSU grads that live in Cheyenne likely working in fast food or barista industries.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:38 pm
braves84 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:26 pm Just curious is there a csu fanbase there, isn't it about the same distance from Laramie and ft. collins?
No there is not. There is a Wyoming fan base and a Nebraska fan base. There may be a few CSU grads that live in Cheyenne likely working in fast food or barista industries.
I like what you did there
W-Y, Until I Die!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 41 times

Yeah, I was driving down a road outside of Cheyenne and saw two guys wearing CSU hats, one was digging holes and the other was filling the holes back in. This seemed rather curious so I stopped to ask them about it. I said, “are you guys CSU grads?” They smiled and said “we sure are”. So then I asked “what are you doing?” The first one said, “I’m Dave, I dig holes, Elmer puts tree saplings in them, and Bob here fills the holes back in”. I responded, “I don’t see Elmer putting trees in”. Dave answered, “well, he called in sick today”.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:30 pm
Yeah, I was driving down a road outside of Cheyenne and saw two guys wearing CSU hats, one was digging holes and the other was filling the holes back in. This seemed rather curious so I stopped to ask them about it. I said, “are you guys CSU grads?” They smiled and said “we sure are”. So then I asked “what are you doing?” The first one said, “I’m Dave, I dig holes, Elmer puts tree saplings in them, and Bob here fills the holes back in”. I responded, “I don’t see Elmer putting trees in”. Dave answered, “well, he called in sick today”.
:rofl:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Sounds like my union job!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Steamboat
Buckaroo

Don't know about a fan base, but there are some Colorado residents, mostly from Ft Collins area who commute and work in state government and a few other businesses. I used to work with several of them in Cheyenne. TV Channel 5 used to feature CSU, almost more than UW when they were trying to get in the Ft Collins market. CSU used advertise on channel 5.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Steamboat wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:05 am
Don't know about a fan base, but there are some Colorado residents, mostly from Ft Collins area who commute and work in state government and a few other businesses. I used to work with several of them in Cheyenne. TV Channel 5 used to feature CSU, almost more than UW when they were trying to get in the Ft Collins market. CSU used advertise on channel 5.
There are actually quite a few Colorado residents that do this. Many of the principals at the various Cheyenne high schools and junior highs are actually Colorado residents that commute. In fact, the School Board a few years ago passed a resolution that any future principal hirings must have a local residence or plan on obtaining a local residence (Laramie County). Frankly, I question the intelligence of these principals/individuals that would waste roughly 2 hours every work day driving, paying the higher Colorado living costs and then on top of that paying Colorado state income tax on Wyoming income.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 am Frankly, I question the intelligence of these principals/individuals that would waste roughly 2 hours every work day driving, paying the higher Colorado living costs and then on top of that paying Colorado state income tax on Wyoming income.
I never understood people who spend tons of time commuting even when they make a little bit more money than for a job they could get closer to home. But then again, some people find it worth it...

Personally I unreasonably upset if traffic's bad enough that my commute takes longer than 25 minutes. Sounds like a reasonable thing for a principal to be fairly local, though. Schools are very representative of their location, after all.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:09 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 am Frankly, I question the intelligence of these principals/individuals that would waste roughly 2 hours every work day driving, paying the higher Colorado living costs and then on top of that paying Colorado state income tax on Wyoming income.
I never understood people who spend tons of time commuting even when they make a little bit more money than for a job they could get closer to home. But then again, some people find it worth it...

Personally I unreasonably upset if traffic's bad enough that my commute takes longer than 25 minutes. Sounds like a reasonable thing for a principal to be fairly local, though. Schools are very representative of their location, after all.
I agree with you that time is worth more than money. This is why I have a residence in two locations so I don't have to commute.

From a personal standpoint, I like this rule requiring principals to be local. From a legal standpoint, I actually believe that it is an unconstitutional law in violation of the commerce clause but no one has taken it to the Courts as far as I am aware.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 607 times
Been liked: 242 times

F Colorado. You would have to pay me A LOT to get me to live there. Soooooo crowded
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:52 am F Colorado. You would have to pay me A LOT to get me to live there. Soooooo crowded
Depending on what field you're in, that's how you end up here. It was really bad for software development in Laramie when I lived there (which was up until 2008), with wages about 1/2 of what you got closer to Denver.

Denver's a nightmare, though, but I'm extremely happy with Longmont overall. On the other hand, if we hadn't bought our house when we did, we wouldn't be able to afford living here now. :-/
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 607 times
Been liked: 242 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:39 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:52 am F Colorado. You would have to pay me A LOT to get me to live there. Soooooo crowded
Depending on what field you're in, that's how you end up here. It was really bad for software development in Laramie when I lived there (which was up until 2008), with wages about 1/2 of what you got closer to Denver.

Denver's a nightmare, though, but I'm extremely happy with Longmont overall. On the other hand, if we hadn't bought our house when we did, we wouldn't be able to afford living here now. :-/
Yeah, crowded and expensive. And I don’t like the weed stuff. It’s a nice place to visit ha ha :thumb: