The path to bowl eligbility

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

CJ Johnson was the only consensus 3 star recruit at WR right? Some others have 3 stars ranking by other recruiting services but rivals still seems to be the go to recruiting service ( not that stars matter). Were any of these guys recruited by other D1 schools? Not using JA as a recruiting tool for JuCo or grad transfer players was a mistake imho ( any offensive position player could have been recruited to come in).

I agree about not throwing to Scott or any of the super tall TEs. Those guys are mismatches against even Boise players. Why not? Hell even James Price is a bigger receiver if it’s single coverage try it out, especially when you know you need to make something happen against a better team and the fact we can’t punt.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:40 pm rivals still seems to be the go to recruiting service
I thought Rivals stopped being the one people cared about. They don't even have full offer information anymore on players and frequently seems to change star ratings depending on the schools involved in chasing a player.

I could be wrong, though. :)
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Who knows they all seem bad. Better looking at offers I guess.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

I believe offers are the way to evaluate talent. Historically, we have a hard time beating out other schools.
1tallpoke
Buckaroo

No jump balls 3 targets 5 games. Says it all not on the kids
specialteamsguru
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:47 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:54 am
kansasCowboy wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:10 am The last time we had a lot of Freshman and Soph playing as much football that we do, we went 2-10. If we can go 6-6 or 7-5 with a Frosh Qb, several Frosh and Soph OLs. I think we will be okay, and would be able to say that a down year for Wyo is considered .500. A lot better that a down year being sub .500...
That's some good, positive thinking. That's actually a good point. Still sucks to not even be competitive with 'good' teams, though.
Remember the year Wyoming hammered CSU in the Border War to close the season? Something like 44-0. I remember the loooong threads about the status of the program. Optimistic fans trying to twist that win into a positive after a 3-9 (is that right?) season, while others were like...are you poop me? We just went 3-9.

Maybe this team won't be the dominant force some hoped for, but things aren't as bad as they used to be.

I look at players like Allen, Wingard, Granderson, Ghaifan, etc. I know not everyone follows recruiting, but it's a near miracle in today's football to produce that many top players (draftable players) out of 2-star nothing types. Hell, even for Boise State that well ran dry (most of their top guys were respected recruits these days). Josh Allen being amazing and declaring early threw Bohl's timeline off track, but this is still a tremendous program for player development. Stay the course. These are not the dog days of Wyoming football.
Player development has been spotty at best; Nick Smith came to the program with 3 other offers in his pocket, got beat out by Josh and has been judged and thrown away based on last seasons SJSU game performance. I thought was bad and terrible, but a second look at play calling and game plan appears to be the same ole predictable pop warner approach. To date, TVW hasn't been afforded the whole playbook, because he doesn't know it yet. Okwoli came to the program with 9 offers which included Boise, WSU, Colorado, Utah State, Nevada and UNLV. After all the drops and complaints about receiver separation, we've seen nothing designed to involve him. The Trey Woods experiment was an exercise in arrogant immaturity. His athleticism should have had him developing behind Wingard or Logan. The reps he received blew up the rb position where Evans, Overstreet and Hall were supposedly "developing well". Where is he now? It looks like Evans success is fueled by angry running for being overlooked and undervalued. I'm sure there are many other players that can contribute at a high level that are now looking back at the offers they turned down to commit to Vigenball.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

I agree. Completely. No one in the offense is put in a position to succeed. We all though the defense was comprised of bums two years ago and it turns out all they needed was good coaching. Get rid of the offensive staff and then let's make a judgement about our talent level.