Wyoming vs Boise: What They're Saying

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

“It’s a little tension between Boise State and Wyoming,” Boise State senior wide receiver A.J. Richardson said. “... Coming back to their house, definitely seeking revenge.”

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/c ... 63775.html
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Bulletin board stuff Pokes, we wanna show em that they can't just waltz into the War without a good fight!!! GO POKES get er done!!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

BRONCO BITS

Boise State will fly Friday afternoon to Wyoming and will stay Friday night in Laramie. The Broncos stayed in Cheyenne during their last trip there in 2016 and made the 40-minute bus trip to Laramie prior to the game. Hotel renovations in Laramie this time around allowed the Broncos to find a place with enough meeting room space and meal catering capabilities to stay in town just minutes from the stadium. The Broncos previously had 45-plus minute bus rides for both the Troy and Oklahoma State games this season. … Boise State has won 18 consecutive conference openers. They last lost a conference opener in 1999. … The Broncos lost 30-28 in their previous trip to Laramie in 2016 when Rypien was sacked and fumbled out of the end zone for a safety in the final seconds.

https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfspor ... 589be.html
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Let's figure out what hotel in Laramie it is??? Holiday Inn??? LOL
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

stymeman wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:56 am Let's figure out what hotel in Laramie it is??? Holiday Inn??? LOL
Someone go pull the fire alarm. I kid, I kid
Broncomare
Buckaroo

ZapPoke wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:52 am Evidently the advertising on here is not controlled by the admin. I am kind of tired of the ad that says “Move to Boise - Live Life to the Fullest”.

WTF
Born in Casper & raised in Laramie. There is not one place in Wyoming that can touch Boise. Especially, the weather. Took me six months to finally stand up straight after moving to Boise from Laramie.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Broncomare wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:35 pm
ZapPoke wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:52 am Evidently the advertising on here is not controlled by the admin. I am kind of tired of the ad that says “Move to Boise - Live Life to the Fullest”.

WTF
Born in Casper & raised in Laramie. There is not one place in Wyoming that can touch Boise. Especially, the weather. Took me six months to finally stand up straight after moving to Boise from Laramie.
Good! Stay in Boy-Z, touchy Bronco.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

POKE FAN wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:41 pm

WTF
Good! Stay in Boy-Z, touchy Bronco.
:rofl: don't let the door hit ya!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

WTF
:lol:

Happy hour came early in Boise! I like Boise, and think it is a great place to visit (and pass through on my way to Oregon / Washington). But damn Boise is full of wannabe jock douchebags and religious judgmental freaks. It is kind of like Provo to be honest. I would live in 100 small Wyoming communities before I would live in Boise. To each their own I guess. And...if we are talking about places to live because of weather, Boise sure as hell isn't one of them - LMFAO!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

WTF
I spent quite a bit of time in Boise...as you drive in, the first thing you notice is the inversion. I guess those that love Boise call that ambiance. I can understand you thinking Boise is superior to Casper, and maybe even Laramie, but there's a whole lot of places in Wyoming that are far better than Boise. Here's a list of some of the poop I think is wrong with Boise:

Too hot
Too cold
Too isolated
No diversity
Too plain
Low wages
Air quality sucks in the winter
Air quality sucks in the summer
Politics
Boring
No jobs
Nepotism
Lack of culture
Food sucks
Infrastructure sucks
Educational quality sucks
Monocultural
Too small
Too big
Too many Californians
Growing too fast
Sprawl
No character outside of downtown and the North End
Generic
Too crowded
Public transportation is terrible
No job opportunities
No job growth opportunities
Its in a desert
Things happen slowly
Travel to summer and winter recreational areas during weekends is a cluster f-word.
Taxes
Police force too aggressive
Clubs and music scene too small
Bugs
Fires
Aridity
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

WTF
Well of course no place in Wyoming can touch Boise, the Wyoming border is like 415 miles away...way too far to stretch...

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I hear Boise is like 75% Californians now. Say goodbye to your city/state
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:40 pm

WTF
:lol:

Happy hour came early in Boise! I like Boise, and think it is a great place to visit (and pass through on my way to Oregon / Washington). But damn Boise is full of wannabe jock douchebags and religious judgmental freaks. It is kind of like Provo to be honest. I would live in 100 small Wyoming communities before I would live in Boise. To each their own I guess. And...if we are talking about places to live because of weather, Boise sure as hell isn't one of them - LMFAO!
I think your Provo comparison is spot on for Meridian/Eagle area, but Boise is more of a mini-California (lots of douchebags and too many IPA's, but not many religious influence -- except at the state government level).

Honestly I love it here currently. Getting Wyoming athletics here a few times a year is a big plus, too
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm confused about the whole "revenge" aspect for Boise. Did last year's game not count just because it was in Boise?
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict