Way to go, TVW!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I think TVW deserves a shout-out for that final drive. Able to mentally block out that fumble on the previous drive by executing and getting a much needed W.

Made a few risky throws, but kept us safe and extended plays at the right time.

I think he can really excel if some more tempo and throwing plays are mixed in... clearly he showed today that he can handle it.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He’s good, his coach sucks!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

For sure
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

He looked faster than I expected earlier on when he started legging it. Didn't like that he took contact unnecessarily, but I'm sure he'll learn.

He still overthrows it fairly often, but on the worst one Price got held and simply stopped trying instead of drawing a flag. Almost 60% completions isn't amazing, but it's something considering how much pressure he faced, and that this is only his fourth game.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Truth is we don't win that game without Tyler. I really couldn't be more impressed with the kid at this moment. He put the team on his back and willed us to a win when we needed him the most.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

He definitely deserves the shout out. Bravo!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Kid definitely showed very good signs. Maybe Bohl hit on another one!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Tyler will be a good one -- as long as the staff can surround him with talented teammates over the next few years. Injuries, inexperience and (highly) predictable play-calling aren't helping matters right now.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

It's important to remember he's just a freshman. He should get better as he gets older, and as the team builds the talent around him.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:20 pm It's important to remember he's just a freshman. He should get better as he gets older, and as the team builds the talent around him.
PROVIDED Vigen is gone!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:38 pm
joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:20 pm It's important to remember he's just a freshman. He should get better as he gets older, and as the team builds the talent around him.
It’s not just him. There’s not a division I player on this offense.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:48 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:38 pm
It’s not just him. There’s not a division I player on this offense.
You are dumb. Yes there are, lots of them. Look at BYU. They were as bad last year as we are now. All it took for them to look like world beaters is change the OC. Offenses turn 180 all the time year to tear with coaching changes. Fresno last year is another example. Never underestimate the worth of coaching in football.

Anyway, congrats to TVW and the others. Gutsy performance to pull out the win. Receivers came up big when it mattered
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I just had a chance to re-watch the last drive (I was at the game). TVW has all the tools to be a great QB!

Pull off the training wheels and let him sling it.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:17 pm I just had a chance to re-watch the last drive (I was at the game). TVW has all the tools to be a great QB!

Pull off the training wheels and let him sling it.
Agreed, I hope this game was a turning point for him.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I agree I listened to that game while up in the hills this weekend and for him to stand in there and get punished as much as he did, a game winning drive when we needed it, that's something we haven't seen in quite some time!! Kudos to TVW BUT, now on to the true test and beating conference opponents, get it done, Boise comes in after getting their tails kicked at OSU, please play the kind of game we all know you guys can especially at 7220, bring on a barn burner......rest up, thank goodness for a much needed BYE