Wofford

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:31 pm All I will remember from today is the final drive and that they walked off the field with a W. On to conference play.
That's the problem. You should remember we BARELY walked off with a win, and why. Say it with me, "Accountability".
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:34 pm
ZapPoke wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:31 pm All I will remember from today is the final drive and that they walked off the field with a W. On to conference play.
That's the problem. You should remember we BARELY walked off with a win, and why. Say it with me, "Accountability".
Exactly. Sadly I'm sure Bohl will say we had a hard fought win and say they're on to the next game...
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:28 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:13 pm I guess you can blade the OC. But the issue is the offensive line. They get no push and they are too slow to pick up blitzes and stunts. TVW is going to get killed before the season is over.
You do understand the OC is penultimately responsible for the O-line?
Of course. If you want to blame the OC for recruiting, I'm not going to disagree. My point is: the play calling is hurt more by execution than the actual plays called.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Wyovanian wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:33 pm In other news, Arkansas just got woodshedded by North Texas IN Fayetteville. CSEwe's win isn't looking so shiny ...

Whew.

In other news, BYU beat Wisconsin. That kind of sucks.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Nevada beating Oregon st. Right now
W-Y, Until I Die!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:11 pm
bloodmakesthegrasgro wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:09 pm Keep Vigen.
I don’t even know if we should be happy about this game to be honest. I mean, they won, but it’s pretty clear they are terrible.
Terrible play calling or terrible injuries?

Tell me an offense in G5 that wouldnt struggle with a Frosh Qb. What is it, two or three fresh linemen? How many got hurt today? And to top it off our top two top RB’s are out which leaves us with a 3rd string Fresh. Let’s see what else we could add to the list that would plague an offense...
We have two TE’s out with injury. We have two experienced WR’s Conway/Price. Other than that we have year one Ismail and year two, little experience Scott/okwali. Oh, and to top it all off one of our speedy offensive weapons quit the team for “personal reasons”.

Am I missing anything???
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

The parallels to Glenn’s last team are astonishing. He also eeked out a 3 point FCS win. This looks like our last win for a while so enjoy it.... for what that’s worth.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

coaching staff has to own that they are starting freshmen. That is on them. Actually they own that they sat on their dicks the first recruiting class so they could coach a Division lower playoff team. I blame Birman for that ( I would have done the same thing as Bohl did can’t bitch at him). He’s in the same spot as Glenn and dC after five years. This is mostly because he decided to stick with bad coordinators ( first with standard, now sticking with Vigen).

I could be an offensive coordinator If I was handed a starting NFL center, a decent Wr ( 2x Gentry, Maulhaurt), a first round qb, and a NFl roster RB and an NFL TE ( being fair he recruited three of those). Also being fair that I’m a dumbass, but I’d bet money I’d have a top 70 offense one year out of five given that starting five. Vigen is not good and this game ( plus the sjsu game) proves it. Keep him as your QB coach or whatever, but after five year how can you say he is getting poop done.

Also, I am joking about me doing a better job. I clearly could not, but there has to be hundreds of others who could ( at OC).

PS: I could do better as a punting coach than Bohl.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

calpoke25 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:11 pm The parallels to Glenn’s last team are astonishing. He also eeked out a 3 point FCS win. This looks like our last win for a while so enjoy it.... for what that’s worth.
Couldn't disagree more. Glenn's qb recruits were not good. TVW is already looking like a special player. He has size, some speed, and very good arm strength. His accuracy is improving and he has good poise. Let's not give up on this team just yet.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:54 pm
calpoke25 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:11 pm The parallels to Glenn’s last team are astonishing. He also eeked out a 3 point FCS win. This looks like our last win for a while so enjoy it.... for what that’s worth.
Couldn't disagree more. Glenn's qb recruits were not good. TVW is already looking like a special player. He has size, some speed, and very good arm strength. His accuracy is improving and he has good poise. Let's not give up on this team just yet.
This team is not good. We may not win another game until November. Bad teams tend to eat away at young QB development.

And Karsten Sween looked like a future Heisman candidate his freshman year. Let’s wait a season before we annoinent him. I agree he looks like he could be a really good QB and he has a very strong arm, but we’ve seen what poor coaching will do to any promising QB prospect.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I liked what I saw from TVW. Sure, had some rough throws, but he finally got to actually throw the ball aside from on third down and showed he does possess an arm, and when he had protection, he was mostly on the money. Conway had some very solid catches, and so did Price and Mayfield. Rocket's going to break a few big plays if we manage to get it to him in space.

I'm still insanely angry that the only reason we threw the ball late (downfield rather than essentially laterals) was because we were in panic mode. Also insanely angry that we punted rather than went for it on 4th and 1 on Wofford's 42. Talk about telling the entire team you don't trust them. Even if they don't get it, at least you're showing them you believe they can do it.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Lol, Karsten not once ever looked like an AA.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:28 pm Lol, Karsten not once ever looked like an AA.
There’s a bit of sarcasm there but the point is he looked good too before bad coaching overwhelmed him.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

My comment was joking as well I get your point.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Didn't Sween essentially lob his passes to be able to even get them 15 yards downfield? He seemed an okay game manager, but from what I recall, your average high school QB had more zip to the ball.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

588 passing yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs through 4 games. I'll wait a little longer before anointing TVW anything, but that's certainly not great.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:48 pm 588 passing yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs through 4 games. I'll wait a little longer before anointing TVW anything, but that's certainly not great.
About half from this last game.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

J-Rod wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:48 pm 588 passing yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs through 4 games. I'll wait a little longer before anointing TVW anything, but that's certainly not great.
Putting a freshmen in a good position to succeed involves more than only running the ball. Running well would help but letting him throw in non passing downs would go a long way as well.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 pm
Putting a freshmen in a good position to succeed involves more than only running the ball. Running well would help but letting him throw in non passing downs would go a long way as well.
Yep. And a large percentage of the earlier passes in this game that happened on second down were essentially laterals which went for 2-3 yards. Not quite as bad as Allen's 30 yard rockets last season that went from sideline to sideline, but also not a whole lot better.

That said, at least we were spreading the ball around a bit. We had over 300 yards in this one, which is something?
BJC
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:08 pm Nevada beating Oregon st. Right now
Wow I thought mtn west had literally no chance against p5........