Starters if game was today...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I heard Crum is up to 280 or and is about 6' 8'' or 6'9'' or so already and actually had a significant # of scholarship offers including some MWC schools. I heard that from a pretty good source so take that FWIW. He did take 3rd in the shot put and has very nimble feet for his size. He's not exactly a pud or anything, but yes, it would be concerning if he started. geez we're thin at OL
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Foster said Wallace is in a boot and Price is wearing a red shirt. Sounds like only Rush is out long term right now. This long list of injuries is mostly guys only in question for NMSU.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:16 am I heard Crum is up to 280 or and is about 6' 8'' or 6'9'' or so already and actually had a significant # of scholarship offers including some MWC schools. I heard that from a pretty good source so take that FWIW. He did take 3rd in the shot put and has very nimble feet for his size. He's not exactly a pud or anything, but yes, it would be concerning if he started. geez we're thin at OL
Not the case. Frank is a 2-3 year project, as referenced. He could be great down the road...but needs some time (as most do).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:20 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:16 am I heard Crum is up to 280 or and is about 6' 8'' or 6'9'' or so already and actually had a significant # of scholarship offers including some MWC schools. I heard that from a pretty good source so take that FWIW. He did take 3rd in the shot put and has very nimble feet for his size. He's not exactly a pud or anything, but yes, it would be concerning if he started. geez we're thin at OL
Not the case. Frank is a 2-3 year project, as referenced. He could be great down the road...but needs some time (as most do).
Maybe, maybe not. There's really no way to verify anything. We'll know soon enough if he's cut out to play at UW. But he certainly has potential. He looked very, very young still as senior in HS
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He had interest from other mountain west school ( USU) but had no scholarship offers. He certainly fits the bill as far as what Bohl likes to develop in tackles. He is tall and has the frame, just not ready to start like Velasquez as a true freshman.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 pm He had interest from other mountain west school ( USU) but had no scholarship offers. He certainly fits the bill as far as what Bohl likes to develop in tackles. He is tall and has the frame, just not ready to start like Velasquez as a true freshman.
Correct.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

What's the deal with Abojei? I'm sure some Minnesota folks will be interested in watching him while they're also scouting the Aggies (NMSU at Minn, 8/30).
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:43 pm What's the deal with Abojei? I'm sure some Minnesota folks will be interested in watching him while they're also scouting the Aggies (NMSU at Minn, 8/30).
Concussion. A lengthy one at this point, but Bohl didn't seem worried at all as to his opening day available.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:50 pm
Maybe, maybe not. There's really no way to verify anything. We'll know soon enough if he's cut out to play at UW. But he certainly has potential. He looked very, very young still as senior in HS
There is a way to verify...he had no scholarship offers from any D1 FBS school. He wasn't a top 25 Wyoming high school selection. He wasn't selected first or second team O-line in the State of Wyoming. He may not of even been the best on his own high school team - a team that was mediocre.

That all said, 3 years from now, he could be great - and I will give him that, knowing he will put in the work!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:13 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:50 pm
There is a way to verify...he had no scholarship offers from any D1 FBS school. He wasn't a top 25 Wyoming high school selection. He wasn't selected first or second team O-line in the State of Wyoming. He may not of even been the best on his own high school team - a team that was mediocre.

That all said, 3 years from now, he could be great - and I will give him that, knowing he will put in the work!
Agree that no onw will have any problem giving him any credit if he turns out to be great.

But my "source" who is, um, very very close to Frank said what I said in my original post. Not sure why my source would embellish. There are offers extended all the time without the public knowing it. heck, we kept one commit "silent" for months last year (or was it the year before?).

anyway, who cares.. We all hope Frank turns out to be all MWC and turns into a third generation Wyoming great
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That must have been a helluva concussion.

cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 am That must have been a helluva concussion.

Please don't be Anthony Mack 2.0!!!

Highly rated recruit... positioned to be a big contributor as a Freshman... gets a concussion during the preseason... and the rest is history
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Huh

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

J-Rod wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:08 pm Huh

Double HUH?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Must be because Overstreet is coming off injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

cali2wyo wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 am
J-Rod wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 am That must have been a helluva concussion.

Please don't be Anthony Mack 2.0!!!

Highly rated recruit... positioned to be a big contributor as a Freshman... gets a concussion during the preseason... and the rest is history
:|
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Who were you expecting? Overstreet? I think Overstreet isn't 100% and we all know it's not Bohl's style to roll with freshmen too much. Esp true freshmen
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:42 pm Who were you expecting? Overstreet? I think Overstreet isn't 100% and we all know it's not Bohl's style to roll with freshmen too much. Esp true freshmen
I thought they were just being cautious with Kellen and that he'd be #1 come NMSU.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

J-Rod wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:31 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:42 pm Who were you expecting? Overstreet? I think Overstreet isn't 100% and we all know it's not Bohl's style to roll with freshmen too much. Esp true freshmen
I thought they were just being cautious with Kellen and that he'd be #1 come NMSU.
I had the same thoughts, actually. I think Nico will do well. He's the safe choice and has given a lot to this program. I hope he scores two TDs
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Who were you expecting? Overstreet? I think Overstreet isn't 100% and we all know it's not Bohl's style to roll with freshmen too much. Esp true freshmen
The word is that the true freshman is really impressing and is what led to the move of Woods back to defense. Brian Hill got plenty of reps as a true freshman. Trey Woods got plenty of reps as a true freshman. I fully anticipate seeing a lot of Bigelow even in the early going.