Starters if game was today...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

The O Line had another setback yesterday and lets be glad the game isn't tonight. Let's also hope that two weeks will be enough to get a few guys back. The August 11 starters:

LT - Crum
LG - Cryder
C - Arnold
RG - Jackson
RT - Stofer

Not sure what happened to Wallace yesterday but my source says if game today this is how it would look. That's Fr, RF, RF, Sr, Fr. Holy crap this makes me nervous! I suppose the good news is, is that a 13 game starter a year ago can't beat any of these guys out. Hopefully Big E, Valasquez, Wallace, and Schwab can heal up sooner rather than later.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I can’t imagine Crum being that close to playing, he wasn’t exactly all world even at the Wyoming High school level.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:48 am I can’t imagine Crum being that close to playing, he wasn’t exactly all world even at the Wyoming High school level.
Hence "holy crap I'm nervous"!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

onePokeovertheline wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:42 am The O Line had another setback yesterday and lets be glad the game isn't tonight. Let's also hope that two weeks will be enough to get a few guys back. The August 11 starters:

LT - Crum
LG - Cryder
C - Arnold
RG - Jackson
RT - Stofer

Not sure what happened to Wallace yesterday but my source says if game today this is how it would look. That's Fr, RF, RF, Sr, Fr. Holy crap this makes me nervous! I suppose the good news is, is that a 13 game starter a year ago can't beat any of these guys out. Hopefully Big E, Valasquez, Wallace, and Schwab can heal up sooner rather than later.
I think Schwab would be in there at LT, but I get your point. It's bad
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

[/quote]
I think Schwab would be in there at LT, but I get your point. It's bad
[/quote]

He's out with a concussion I think.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

I actually think Stofer backs up at left tackle but got moved to right for Velasquez for two reasons. One being Schwab being out with a concussion, and the other that He jumped Schwab as the next man up skill wise. I would really think you would be better off putting anyone with previous camps or playing time ( Thatcher or Harris even if they are guards) before putting in someone who isn’t ready.

I know Velasquez is supposed to miss the first game but let’s hope he can be ready, and have fingers crossed that Wallace is fine. Schwab and E should be back some point as well. Hard camp on what appeared to be really good depth.
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

I would throw in a solid consideration for Zach Watts if need be on the OLINE--the FR from Windsor, All State in Colorado 4A
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wow, I was thinking Crum would be a project to get playing time 2-3 years down the road. I guess this means that recruiting went well this past year but this offense could be abysmal this year.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Bohl is never going to play in Week 0 ever again.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Our d line is ferocious!!! Wallace is the anchor and the guy we need the most. I think Big E will be ready for NMSU.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Anyone have a feel for Crum versus Logan Harris right out of high school? Yeah Harris didn't shine but it wasn't a complete disaster either.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:06 am Bohl is never going to play in Week 0 ever again.
Same number of practices one way or another so it's a non-issue. Also hearing that Wallace strained his calf so you would think he'll be good to go in two weeks.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Harris was close to 300lbs and strong as a freshman. I think Crum can develope into a player but he is 6’7 and 250lbs, almost a basketball player type body.
Flo4wyo
Buckaroo

onePokeovertheline wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:42 am The O Line had another setback yesterday and lets be glad the game isn't tonight. Let's also hope that two weeks will be enough to get a few guys back. The August 11 starters:

LT - Crum
LG - Cryder
C - Arnold
RG - Jackson
RT - Stofer

LMAO! The Oline coach should be fired if Crum is anywhere near playing let alone starting!!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

LMAO! The Oline coach should be fired if Crum is anywhere near playing let alone starting
I agree. I was being nice not wanting to bash on a development player. There had to be about 6 other options to play.
FromOhioToWyoming
Buckaroo

Frank Crum isn't even the best Wyoming-born freshman offensive lineman. Blayne Baker is much closer to playing meaningful reps than Crum.
Golden Poke
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Well one of those Wyoming players was all state and played on multiple 4A championship teams, and well the other wasn’t all state and played on a bad team. I am sure Baker is closer to playing.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Who starts at LB with Caash out? Wilson at Middle and Hall, but who takes his place?
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:05 pm Who starts at LB with Caash out? Wilson at Middle and Hall, but who takes his place?
Most likely Ryan Gatoloai-Faupula "Fa"...6'-1" 216 lb. So. from Sacramento, CA.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Adam Pilapil (sp) likely backs up two of the spots. Ryan Fau (sp) would be backing up too.