The Schedule: This can't be true

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

As per UW athletic site there are 6 games with no TV or Streaming Video.

New Mexico State
Wofford
Hawaii
Utah State
San Jose State
New Mexico

It's possible they haven't updated this info, but why the hell not, it's two weeks
away from start of the season.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

The NMSU game is being broadcasted on ESPN2 at 8 pm MT. No idea about the others.
Dankohner
Buckaroo

I know last year that a site called stadium broadcast some games that were not on television. Hopefully most games will be on some network.
Last edited by Dankohner on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dankohner
Buckaroo

Also you have to remember that the NCAA usually post television networks and game times about a week and a half out.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Also I believe the network formally called root (I think now it is something like AT sports) which has the mw third teir rights has not announced their tv schedule for any mw games yet. I bet some of those end up on there but for some reason they haven't announced any games.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Between Stadium, Faceboook, Root/ATT Sports, and ESPN they should all have some form of video coverage
Dankohner
Buckaroo

Just hoping the Hawaii game is on national television.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

According to this link: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018 ... hedule.php
the Hawaii game is on spectrum.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

If I remember right, if the game is on the old Root channel, it’s also streamed on themw website but only for places that don’t have a local root Channel. I don’t have the root Channel anymore because I have HULUTV. The game wouldn’t stream from themw.com but when I changed my vpn location, the game streamed. This was for basketball so I’m not sure if it’s same for football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I'd wager that Wofford will be online-only, and the other three on the mainland will be on whatever ROOT is now or maybe Stadium if they're still doing that. Facebook games have already been announced, and we don't have any.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I think Root is AT&T Sports now
Flo4wyo
Buckaroo

Do some of you live under a rock? All UW games, including the WOFFORD game will be televised(ESPN, AT&T, CBS Sports network). Some start times haven't been established yet. UW will NOT be on any FB games........the FB schedule came out last week or the week before...........looks like Utah State has hired FB to do all their games(ha ha). Hawaii has their own broadcast rights, but I'm sure there will be a way to watch it for POKES fans.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Flo4wyo wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:50 pm Do some of you live under a rock? All UW games, including the WOFFORD game will be televised(ESPN, AT&T, CBS Sports network). Some start times haven't been established yet. UW will NOT be on any FB games........the FB schedule came out last week or the week before...........looks like Utah State has hired FB to do all their games(ha ha). Hawaii has their own broadcast rights, but I'm sure there will be a way to watch it for POKES fans.
Last year Gardner-Webb was not televised, and I’d put $200 on the Wofford game not being televised this year. That said, it doesn’t mean you can’t find the game streaming online. If all else fails you can view the stream on WYO VISION. That’s how I viewed the Gardner-Webb game live.
Flo4wyo
Buckaroo

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:20 pm
Flo4wyo wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:50 pm Do some of you live under a rock? All UW games, including the WOFFORD game will be televised(ESPN, AT&T, CBS Sports network). Some start times haven't been established yet. UW will NOT be on any FB games........the FB schedule came out last week or the week before...........looks like Utah State has hired FB to do all their games(ha ha). Hawaii has their own broadcast rights, but I'm sure there will be a way to watch it for POKES fans.
Last year Gardner-Webb was not televised, and I’d put $200 on the Wofford game not being televised this year. That said, it doesn’t mean you can’t find the game streaming online. If all else fails you can view the stream on WYO VISION. That’s how I viewed the Gardner-Webb game live.
Apparently its me who lives under the rock, my bad and my apologies.........I saw something that says "possible games to be picked up by AT&T" But Gardner Webb WAS televised last season by AT&T sports.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

How nice would a paid subscription be to able to access all wyo games......

A cut going to whatever network airs the games who otherwise wouldnt see it and wont pay for garbage ESPN programs but only want live games. :whistle:
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

BJC wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:40 pm How nice would a paid subscription be to able to access all wyo games......

A cut going to whatever network airs the games who otherwise wouldnt see it and wont pay for garbage ESPN programs but only want live games. :whistle:
No kidding. I'm sick of paying insane amounts of money for a billion channels I don't want simply to get a few sports channels I do want.

I'd happily pay $50/month for service that only included AT&T Sports, Altitude, all Wyoming football games not on those networks, all in HD.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:15 pm
BJC wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:40 pm How nice would a paid subscription be to able to access all wyo games......

No kidding. I'm sick of paying insane amounts of money for a billion channels I don't want simply to get a few sports channels I do want.

I'd happily pay $50/month for service that only included AT&T Sports, Altitude, all Wyoming football games not on those networks, all in HD.
I'm really surprised no one has developed a good model for a true a la carte TV system.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:20 pm I'm really surprised no one has developed a good model for a true a la carte TV system.
It's because they know the current system forces people to pay for things they don't want, and as in many cases content providers and content creators are now part of the same conglomerates, there's zero incentive for them to split things up.

ESPN is one of the few exceptions, since I don't think Disney owns any of the large cable providers.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

New Mexico State: ESPN2
Washington State: CBSSN
Missouri: ESPN Networks
Wofford: None (WyoVision)
Boise State: CBSSN
Hawaii: Spectrum
Fresno State: ESPN Networks