Scrimmage

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Rush is out for the season. Velazquez likely to miss the opener. Abojei still in concussion protocol.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

J-Rod wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 am Rush is out for the season. Velazquez likely to miss the opener. Abojei still in concussion protocol.
Bad
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:18 pm
laxwyo wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:14 pm Based on the demeanor of Bohl today, I’m fairly certain that it was the hits on the OL that had him agitated. He was in a better mood but the way he responded to the OL question seemed to indicate his frustration. I think he knows this season depends on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well hopefully that is all he is upset about and the O-line guys heal up and have a good year.
I'm getting worried about his demeanor. He usually is a pretty up and up guy. Something is wrong here (personally or professionally)
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:12 pm
laxwyo wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:14 pm Based on the demeanor of Bohl today, I’m fairly certain that it was the hits on the OL that had him agitated. He was in a better mood but the way he responded to the OL question seemed to indicate his frustration. I think he knows this season depends on them.

Well hopefully that is all he is upset about and the O-line guys heal up and have a good year.
I'm getting worried about his demeanor. He usually is a pretty up and up guy. Something is wrong here (personally or professionally)
I think he expected his team to be executing at a much higher level than they are right now...and I think he is getting frustrated with the O Line in particular (depth is huge, but quality is lacking). Let's face it, if you have a top O Line, you are going to win more than you lose.

That, and he is probably looking at the calendar, and realizes he basically has 1 week of camp left, and then it turns to game-day prep. Can't believe it myself that the season starts in 2 weeks.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:12 pm

Yeah. Me too. I think he knowS a lot of tough personnel choices will have to be made if we can't field an offense this season. It's weighing on him
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Some of you guys need to watch more of his press conferences. He seemed irritated and short Monday but I would say the mood the rest of the week has been more upbeat and positive. He had a bad Monday. It happens to the best of us.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I thought he seemed pretty upbeat the last couple days in the interviews. Injuries happen every year no way around it. Though I am sure they are worried about the rushing numbers not improving ( key ot the offense working imho).

I read somewhere that Hawaii and USU both had about the same number of rushes as us last year but were over a full yard better compared to our team. That has got to change.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

I think coach Bohls expectations for the Offense was really high for this season and after that scrimmage it brought it back into reality. Our O still has a long way to go; and a bad O-line could make for a long season.

Would hate to see such a great defense wasted
I'm good for 3!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:17 pm I think coach Bohls expectations for the Offense was really high for this season and after that scrimmage it brought it back into reality. Our O still has a long way to go; and a bad O-line could make for a long season.

I don't think alarm bells are going off just yet on the OL. Losing Rush makes immediate depth a little concerning, and Abojei will need to stay upright all year at G. Velazquez not being at 100% might be a little more worrying.

The starting unit can't take many hits though.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Logan Harris has to be considered a quality depth piece right? That is a lot of starts to be down the depth chart.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:28 pm Some of you guys need to watch more of his press conferences. He seemed irritated and short Monday but I would say the mood the rest of the week has been more upbeat and positive. He had a bad Monday. It happens to the best of us.
This. I watch most if not all of the interviews and that was way out of the ordinary. For being an old school guy he's never really hard on the media. He literally could have just received the info on Rush and then had to go face the media (two guys). It happens.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:49 pm
NebraskaCowboy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:28 pm Some of you guys need to watch more of his press conferences. He seemed irritated and short Monday but I would say the mood the rest of the week has been more upbeat and positive. He had a bad Monday. It happens to the best of us.
This. I watch most if not all of the interviews and that was way out of the ordinary. For being an old school guy he's never really hard on the media. He literally could have just received the info on Rush and then had to go face the media (two guys). It happens.
I saw another one where he seemed a bit off. I haven't watched them all though. I need to get caught up. Keep hoping this year we will have a bone crushing offense like the '16 team and the soul crushing defense of the '17 team.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Cornpoke wrote:I think coach Bohls expectations for the Offense was really high for this season and after that scrimmage it brought it back into reality. Our O still has a long way to go; and a bad O-line could make for a long season.

We will be losing a lot of D after this year. I think he knows that this year could be a championship type year if the O could be respectable but with the O line getting beat up, he knows the road is a little rougher.

W-Y, Until I Die!