Ohio Game Time

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Doc Bobcat
Buckaroo

I noticed on your home page that the Ohio game was TBA. It has been set for 3 PM EST.

Great new site by the way!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

Thanks, Bobcat. We'll add that to the page! Thanks for stopping by and feel free to have you and other Cat fans swing by for some football chat. You guys have a site?
ImageImageImageImage
Doc Bobcat
Buckaroo

Yeah....we've had quite a few Cowboy fans visit our site already....many located on the east coast have already made arrangements to attend the game....here's our site:

http://www.bobcatattack.com/
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I think the Ohio game will determine how our season goes, we should be either 2-1 or 1-2 at that point, going 2-2 into conference play could hurt us, maybe to the possiblity of no bowl, below is the rest of our schedule, the bold means it could go either way. That Ohio game is crucial.

10/6 TCU L
10/13 New Mexico
10/20 at Air Force
10/27 UNLV W
11/3 at San Diego St.
11/10 at Utah L
11/17 Brigham Young
11/23 at Colorado State
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Hey Doc, so how is Ohio looking this year? Tough schedule? Lots of guys returning? How is Solich doing in Ohio so far?
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:Hey Doc, so how is Ohio looking this year? Tough schedule? Lots of guys returning? How is Solich doing in Ohio so far?
One name UW needs to fear, Kyle McRae, lots of UW fans right this game off as win, this one scares me more then the BSU game does.
Doc Bobcat
Buckaroo

Actually his name is Kalvin McRae...and you're correct he's a tough RB. Frank gets good marks so far for a good recruiting season his first year and a trip to a bowl game and division championship last year...before that our last bowl trip was 1968.

This year the biggest area of concern is at QB. Brad Bower is an Illinois transfer who led us to a big rival game last year, but also had too many turnovers. Wyoming is a big game for us as well....I'll be there and hope to meet some Cowboy fans.
Bobcat Pride
Buckaroo

Thanks for the invite to your site. I'm looking forward to seeing the Bobcats play the Cowboys this season. Please do check out http://www.bobcatattack.com when you get a chance. I've noticed opposing teams' fans get a lot of respect from us regulars on that board, provided they aren't from our biggest rival, Miami of Ohio.

For you Cowboy fans attending the game, I don't think you'll be disappointed in your trip to Athens, OH. Too bad they aren't playing a little later in the season. When the leaves change, it really is something to see. Check out this thread on bobcatattack.com, giving some Wyoming fans some area information:

http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboar ... PID=113257
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

Question for you Ohio guys...how much recruiting do you guys do in-state? Ohio produces a lot of great talent and I'm sure the top guys are snatched up by OSU. Good luck to you guys this season, it should be a great game!
oubobcat13
Buckaroo

You ask a great question about recruiting. According to our fan site's unofficial recruiting database, 22 of 56 OFFERS out for NEXT YEAR'S class are from in-state, leaving 33 from out-of-state. One problem with recrutuiting in Ohio, is not only do we have Ohio State to contend with, but also, Bowling Green, Toledo, Akron, Kent St., Miami, Cincinnati as well as several Michigan schools and West Virgina all competing over Ohio recruits.

Here is the link to the recruting data base mentioned above. Feel free to stop by the message boards and check them out as well.

http://www.bobcatattack.com/football/recruiting.asp
Bobcat Pride
Buckaroo

UW2007 wrote:Question for you Ohio guys...how much recruiting do you guys do in-state? Ohio produces a lot of great talent and I'm sure the top guys are snatched up by OSU. Good luck to you guys this season, it should be a great game!
You are correct in thinking that Ohio St. gets almost all the very best recruits in Ohio. They put a lot of pressure on the best players in the state to go there, but some do go to Michigan or other Big Ten schools.

The difficult thing for Ohio (or any other MAC school for that matter) is that there are so many other Div. I-A programs that are so close. There is a lot of high school football talent in Ohio and surrounding states, but it is hard for any one team in the MAC to consistantly have the top recruiting class in the conference. They are all fighting against each other all the time. I've always thought that the number of schools in the MAC that are so close geographically is a difficult challenge no other mid-major has to contend with.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

So do you guys also compete with Youngstown St. for recruits? It seems that the tier of players Ohio and YSU would be pretty on par, with OSU getting the better of the recruits.

One problem that Wyoming has is they don't recruit in-state hardly at all. So many kids from Wyoming get unnoticed and end up playing for Chadron St., Sioux Falls St., etc. Montana recruits primarily in-state, with a smattering of kids from Idaho, Washington, and a bit from California.
ImageImageImageImage
Bobcat Pride
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:So do you guys also compete with Youngstown St. for recruits?
Youngstown St. is not a Div. I-A school like the MAC schools, so they might be a step down in recruiting. But they have had a strong program historically, and they are building their own indoor practice facility (with the help of a $1 million donation from former Penguin and current Ohio St. coach Jim Tressel). For the most part, the players that Ohio has signed the past couple years are rated higher than those at YSU.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I figured YSU would figure into the recruiting a bit, as they're a 1-AA powerhouse.
ImageImageImageImage