Wyoming "Locked In" to Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I guess this depends on how reliable some guy named Brett McMurphy is:

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 9ffe4.html
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

But I hate this bowl more then any other bowl slot in my opinion. Blue turf and cold weather doesn't sound like much of a reward for a good season.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

it's all about $$$ but I won't be attending, sorry Pokes
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I believe Wyoming is Arizona bound. Bowl games are all about viewership and how watchable the teams are.

Everyone at ESPN saw exactly how unwatchable we are last week and they will avoid is at all cost. Without Allen on the field no one wants to put us on national TV and I don't blame them.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:44 pm I believe Wyoming is Arizona bound. Bowl games are all about viewership and how watchable the teams are.

Everyone at ESPN saw exactly how unwatchable we are last week and they will avoid is at all cost. Without Allen on the field no one wants to put us on national TV and I don't blame them.
Would you even make the two hour drive south to watch the game? I'm not sure I would even spend the money if Josh isn't playing.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

The defense alone deserves the support. This team still won 7 games and despite everything played within one score of Fresno State two weeks ago. That San Jose State game did leave a bad taste that will linger for a while though.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

phxpoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:44 pm I believe Wyoming is Arizona bound. Bowl games are all about viewership and how watchable the teams are.

Would you even make the two hour drive south to watch the game? I'm not sure I would even spend the money if Josh isn't playing.
To watch that defense play hell yes, if they end up in Tucson I'm going.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

phxpoke wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:35 pm

I will go, there are a lot of players to watch. They are just on Defense. Plus the train wreck (offense) will be fun to watch in a demented way.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 239 times

FWIW, Boise here we come!!!

I'm debating going but leaning toward no. Sounds like a rematch versus Northern Illinois is the most likely case (that was a great game a year ago).
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

...Wyoming vs. Utah? First one to 10 wins.
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/stat ... 5534228480
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Haven't followed the Utes this year. Like, at all. I've probably heard more on BYU (like a 2 win season for them? HA!) then Utah.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:48 pm Haven't followed the Utes this year. Like, at all. I've probably heard more on BYU (like a 2 win season for them? HA!) then Utah.
Utah had a nice start with a 4 game winning streak then the wheels came off...losing 6 of the next 8 games! Had to beat Colorado last week to even be bowl eligible!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Potato Bowl is on Friday, Dec. 22, at 2 P.M. Mountain on ESPN.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:28 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:48 pm Haven't followed the Utes this year. Like, at all. I've probably heard more on BYU (like a 2 win season for them? HA!) then Utah.
Utah had a nice start with a 4 game winning streak then the wheels came off...losing 6 of the next 8 games! Had to beat Colorado last week to even be bowl eligible!
Utah had lots of tough/close losses. They led USC for most of that game and went for 2 on the last play for the win and came up short. Led Washington the entire game. Blew a 10 point lead with a minute left in that game.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

wyopokes2 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:54 pm
Wyokie wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:28 pm
Utah had lots of tough/close losses. They led USC for most of that game and went for 2 on the last play for the win and came up short. Led Washington the entire game. Blew a 10 point lead with a minute left in that game.
Thanks for the info. Knew they weren't that bad.

Funny how last year we ended up playing a former rival in a bowl (BYU) and this year, if the rumors are to be believed, we'll play another former rival in a bowl (Utah).
GOWYO
Ranch Hand

They will blow our doors off. Joe Glenn won't even be there to flip them off.

Please let it be NMSU in Tucson.
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

GOWYO wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:21 am They will blow our doors off. Joe Glenn won't even be there to flip them off.

NMSU has to beat South Alabama today to even be eligible.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

GOWYO wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:21 am They will blow our doors off. Joe Glenn won't even be there to flip them off.

I don't know that Utah would blow the doors off Wyoming. There are a few issues with that game, Utah would feel snubbed to be playing in what they would perceive a bad bowl and I can't see there guys fired up for it.

Second I know that Utah has not played well against teams with a good defense, they really don't have much of an offense. I think our defense would keep us in that game.

I would put Utah as a worse team than both Iowa and Oregon and would put them on the same level as the top of our conference. We were very competitive against both teams at the top of the conference and see no reason we wouldn't be competitive against Utah. I don't think our offense will have much luck against them but we have had very few wins where our offense carried us this season.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 239 times

NMSU might be going to Tucson. Wyoming will be in Boise though.
GOWYO
Ranch Hand

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 am

I don't know that Utah would blow the doors off Wyoming. There are a few issues with that game, Utah would feel snubbed to be playing in what they would perceive a bad bowl and I can't see there guys fired up for it.

Second I know that Utah has not played well against teams with a good defense, they really don't have much of an offense. I think our defense would keep us in that game.

I would put Utah as a worse team than both Iowa and Oregon and would put them on the same level as the top of our conference. We were very competitive against both teams at the top of the conference and see no reason we wouldn't be competitive against Utah. I don't think our offense will have much luck against them but we have had very few wins where our offense carried us this season.
Well, everything you say may be true. Still, they will blow our doors off.