Hoping for a Hawaii Bowl Bid!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

That way, I won't feel nearly as bad for not going to our bowl game. Plus the players, coaches, and their families will get some quality sun and sand time during the holidays.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

man this would be a great bowl to attend but over the holidays in Hawaii, imagine the cost of that, whew....glad I'm not going anywhere regardless, even if it's New Mexico
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

How much do you think it will affect Wyoming fans' attendance if Josh doesn't play in the bowl game?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 am How much do you think it will affect Wyoming fans' attendance if Josh doesn't play in the bowl game?
His shoulder evidently isn't quite game ready at San Jose per team reports and Josh's report on Casper Star yesterday. He said it was hard watching his guys play without him and that you don't know what you're missing until you can't play. Said he hopefully has at least one more game to play with Wyoming in the bowl game.

Considering the earliest bowl games are another 2-3 weeks out I would think he would be ready to go by then.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Hawaii bowl is a disaster, IMO. No fans, no band, no one watching on TV.

Arizona or New Mexico are our best options (since I can't see LV working out). They are in warmer places that the fans etc. can travel to easily.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 127 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 am How much do you think it will affect Wyoming fans' attendance if Josh doesn't play in the bowl game?
UW & the athletic department are smart (and greedy) when it comes to $$$$, they are good at squeezing every last cent available for the department - and always have been. They are going to dangle the Josh carrot until kick-off of the bowl game. Surely you all got the same pre-purchase your bowl ticket e mail that I did?! Let's face it & face reality a little - Josh is done at UW, as he should be.

If he were my son, he would not be playing another snap in Brown & Gold - especially with the poop O line we have. Parade him around all you want. Dress him out for games (like you did for Fresno & San Jose). Hell, put out a few articles about him maybe coming back for his senior year. But we all can see the writing on the wall...

And I sure as hell am not going to a bowl game to watch San Jose Part 2 (uninspired dull assed football).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 am
Let's face it & face reality a little - Josh is done at UW, as he should be.

If he were my son, he would not be playing another snap in Brown & Gold - especially with the poop O line we have. Parade him around all you want. Dress him out for games (like you did for Fresno & San Jose). Hell, put out a few articles about him maybe coming back for his senior year. But we all can see the writing on the wall...

And I sure as hell am not going to a bowl game to watch San Jose Part 2 (uninspired dull assed football).
I agree with you. I don't think the coaching staff will let him play so as to not cause any damage to his draft stock. I think the staff is looking out for Allen's best interest even though it really sucks as a fan of the program.

I am just hoping the staff will take the next few weeks to implement an innovative offense that can take advantage of the playmakers that we do have. We have seen a few 'wildcat' (option) formations over the past few weeks with Conway and Fort...but I'd like to see a hell of a lot more. I'd go to a bowl game (other than Potato) to see that and to watch one of Wyoming's best defensive units ever.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

That would be a miserable game to attend and dangerous for players. I don't know if any of you watched last year but it was like the players were on ice skates out there. I would rather they schedule a bowl game in Fargo North Dakota in that dome then play in Boise.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 am

I agree with you. I don't think the coaching staff will let him play so as to not cause any damage to his draft stock. I think the staff is looking out for Allen's best interest even though it really sucks as a fan of the program.

I am just hoping the staff will take the next few weeks to implement an innovative offense that can take advantage of the playmakers that we do have. We have seen a few 'wildcat' (option) formations over the past few weeks with Conway and Fort...but I'd like to see a hell of a lot more. I'd go to a bowl game (other than Potato) to see that and to watch one of Wyoming's best defensive units ever.
Josh's own words, not the university "“Trust me, I was itching to get back on that field,” Allen said, “and it sucks watching. It does. ... You don’t know how good you have it until it’s gone, and that’s kind of the feeling I have right now, but I know I’ll be back. Hopefully we’ve got one more — at least one more with my brothers.”

That sounds like a guy who wants to play in the bowl to me.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Pokes would be better at either Boise or Tucson, as we have fans that will travel, those going to Hawaii are already there or have the $$$ to do so on a moment's notice, wouldn't that be nice to have that kinda disposable income, LOL, as for Josh, time will tell we shall see....
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:00 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 am

Josh's own words, not the university "“Trust me, I was itching to get back on that field,” Allen said, “and it sucks watching. It does. ... You don’t know how good you have it until it’s gone, and that’s kind of the feeling I have right now, but I know I’ll be back. Hopefully we’ve got one more — at least one more with my brothers.”

That sounds like a guy who wants to play in the bowl to me.
I'm sure he does. He is a competitor. I bet he went in at halftime of the SJSU game and pleaded his case to play as well.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I don't like that it isn't on espn but do like that it's December 29th and would give the team that many more practices before the off season and ultimately increases the chance that Josh Allen is healthy and able to play. That would be 6 weeks removed from injury. one bowl projection actually has us playing UCLA in that game.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:28 am I don't like that it isn't on espn but do like that it's December 29th and would give the team that many more practices before the off season and ultimately increases the chance that Josh Allen is healthy and able to play. That would be 6 weeks removed from injury. one bowl projection actually has us playing UCLA in that game.
This seems to be the bowl that we are trending to. Both CBSSPORTS and ESPN projects Wyoming to the Arizona Bowl. Because it is on CBSSN, seems that CBSSPORTS would have some insight.

Looks like the opponent would be New Mexico State (if NMSU wins against South Alabama on Saturday). If not, looks like it would be an at large with a chance of a P5 opponent.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

I want UCLA...if Josh plays.

Allen vs Rosen would be a great watch and great for recruiting.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 135 times

UCLA would punish us by 35+. We wouldn't sniff the red zone unless the D takes the ball down there or special teams makes a return.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.