Gardner-Webb at UW - It's gameday!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
roozy
Ranch Hand

CowboyNV wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:18 pm
roozy wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:59 pm 24 points in the first half.... Obviously, we had the ability to paste 48 points on this team. So the question is what happened in the 2nd half? Did our guys let down? Did Gardner Webb get tough? Or did we change our offensive plan? If we changed our offensive plan, why? Was it bad coaching or intentional coaching to take a different look at our offense. If none of us know the answer to these questions, we are just pissing in the wind with our ignorant comments.

We are now 1-1 and have a very tough Oregon team coming to Laramie next Saturday.

Go Pokes!!!1
I might be ignorant, but I do know having the entire team rush for 65 yards....think about that for a minute, 65 miserable yards against a bad FCS team does not bode well for the future. It doesn't matter if it is play calling, blocking, poor decisions by the backs, or a combination of the 3, it is a major poop show that could turn this into another 4-8 or 3-9 season.
I never said we didn't need to improve the running game. What I did say was there was two different halves of football for the Wyoming offense. 51 of those 65 yards came in the first half. So unless we have knowledge of the reason for this difference, we are commenting ignorantly.
Jesus First, then football
roozy
Ranch Hand

phxpoke wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:37 pm No true fan is giving up on this team. I agree, the running game is a concern. The line is doing a good job of pass blocking at least. One of our backs need to step up though. I thought the run was Bohl's forte?
I agree, no true fan will give up on this team.

The running game may be Bohl's forte, BUT a great coach will adjust to the players that he has. We will have to wait and see.
Jesus First, then football
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:19 pm Next week will be a lot of fun. Maybe we will have a few tricks up our sleeve.
WE will have a few tricks - you and me and others - but I'm guessing not Vigen - unless Bohl sits down with him for an Offence 101 review.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

While size isn't always a perfect indication of weakness, it's tough for small runners to be effective without space. I'm not sure if our line isn't executing or if our scheme is predictable but Gardner-Webb got penetration or took our outside runs away. We don't have a powerful enough running back to shed tackles or run guys over.....they need space. Watching Oklahoma tonight.....they are masters at getting speed into space. I hope in some way that we can find a set of plays to get these guys in open pockets. Teams are not going to let Josh run and it'll be up to Vigen to create plays that get a different result.
WyoIllini
Buckaroo

Good win. This team has a ways to go, but always nice to get the W.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I think the preseason hype got to a bunch of us, thinking we still had BH in the backfield, ooops not now and it's showing our weakness, and a young group of WR's as well and an new O line, why does it seem that we have these growing pains year in and year out??? 27 pts against Oregon IS NOT gonna cut it, open it up and stop them as well, and let's "try" to shock the world
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:21 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:19 pm Next week will be a lot of fun. Maybe we will have a few tricks up our sleeve.
WE will have a few tricks - you and me and others - but I'm guessing not Vigen - unless Bohl sits down with him for an Offence 101 review.
Yeah you definitely know more than the guy that led us to the championship game last year, no doubt there