The sky is not falling...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
coantag_creek_poke
Buckaroo

For everyone making brash statements like fire the OC, just stop. Our O was at or near the top in the MWC last year and we are literally replacing every skill starter. Plus that is without a doubt the best defense we will see all year long. Our running backs and wide receivers will step and rally behind Josh...

Let's put this into perspective. Our defense absolutely man handled Iowa. Our offense will get better. The goal isn't to beat Iowa. It's to win a Conf. Championship and we're going to be right there.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 253 times

3 points! we scored 3 pts w/ a 1st round draft pick as qb. most pathetic game plan I've seen. No adjustments whatsoever. No imagination. Alarmingly bad
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

coantag_creek_poke wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:58 pm For everyone making brash statements like fire the OC, just stop. Our O was at or near the top in the MWC last year and we are literally replacing every skill starter. Plus that is without a doubt the best defense we will see all year long. Our running backs and wide receivers will step and rally behind Josh...

Let's put this into perspective. Our defense absolutely man handled Iowa. Our offense will get better. The goal isn't to beat Iowa. It's to win a Conf. Championship and we're going to be right there.
I'm not necessarily gonna disagree, but I take exception to the comment that "the goal isn't to beat Iowa". Well then why the blazes do we play them in the first place?!? If our goal is to just win our mediocre conference year after year and that's good enough........ I dunno, that doesn't excite me. Yes I want to win the conference but more importantly I'd like to see the pokes compete at a national level. Obviously competing for a national championship is asking for the moon, but asking to compete for an occasional top 25 caliber program isn't to much to ask I don't think. But it's ok..... the goal isn't to beat Iowa or any power 5 schools as long as we win our poop conference. Are you on the board of trustees?...... because that type of acceptance of mediocrity is a rampant and blatant problem with too many freaking people associated with UW.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

coantag_creek_poke wrote:For everyone making brash statements like fire the OC, just stop. Our O was at or near the top in the MWC last year and we are literally replacing every skill starter. Plus that is without a doubt the best defense we will see all year long. Our running backs and wide receivers will step and rally behind Josh...

"The goal isn't to beat Iowa" - what a moronic statement. Really! Wow, just wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:3 points! we scored 3 pts w/ a 1st round draft pick as qb. most pathetic game plan I've seen. No adjustments whatsoever. No imagination. Alarmingly bad
So in agreement.

pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

On the bright side byu didn't even cross the 50 yard line against Lsu tonight

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

Poke-proud wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25 pm
coantag_creek_poke wrote:For everyone making brash statements like fire the OC, just stop. Our O was at or near the top in the MWC last year and we are literally replacing every skill starter. Plus that is without a doubt the best defense we will see all year long. Our running backs and wide receivers will step and rally behind Josh...

"The goal isn't to beat Iowa" - what a moronic statement. Really! Wow, just wow.
Very moronic!!! The goal is to WIN, not have only half the team show UP!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
roozy
Ranch Hand

coantag_creek_poke wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:58 pm For everyone making brash statements like fire the OC, just stop. Our O was at or near the top in the MWC last year and we are literally replacing every skill starter. Plus that is without a doubt the best defense we will see all year long. Our running backs and wide receivers will step and rally behind Josh...

Of course, the sky is falling!!!

Or one would think so, reading some of reactions to today's game.

PS. I agree with you. And, YES, I'm disappointed. But I'd be just as disappointed if we lost 24-23.
Jesus First, then football
coantag_creek_poke
Buckaroo

I'll eat the crow. Of course the goal is to win every and all football games we play.

But some of you are being absolutely ridiculous... We went 8-6 last year and won our division. Before that we were a doormat in the conference since the 90s (give or take a few years). And now all of a sudden everyone expects us to be a perennial top 25 team? And just stroll into Iowa no problem? Be realistic. Yes, the offense looked like poop, but look at the talent we lost last year. It's going to take a week or two or three for the offense to mesh. Were still not to the point where we can roll in brian hills and tanner gentrys in every year, but we're on our way. Here's to a good season!

PS if a "mediocre" conference championship is no good for you, please remind me how many wyoming has won? I'd much rather see that than a win over Iowa or oregon.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:48 pm
Poke-proud wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25 pm "The goal isn't to beat Iowa" - what a moronic statement. Really! Wow, just wow.
Very moronic!!! The goal is to WIN, not have only half the team show UP!!!!
So if we win the rest of our games, will you guys still be calling for Vigen to be fired because we didn't beat Iowa?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

My wife & I coughed up a couple hundred, traveled in to IC Friday night for our Pokes effort Saturday. Tough to watch for sure. But something happens after a good meal in downtown Chicago and a nice Hotel stay on Magnificent Mile, perspective.

We don't have a great running game against a strong B1G D line and when their linebackers and suspect (not) secondary are as disciplined and well coached as Iowa is, the play action and Josh's quick feet realized hardly a yard in the entire contest.

We could not capitalize on 3rd down, or 4th down as well. I think that is the main thing as a take away for Vigen to deconstruct, and the Offense to work on. Our line gave Josh time, we just don't have a lot of experience in skill positions come game time. I think we'll gain some help to improve in this area looking forward into coming games.

The Defense was good, outside of 3-4 plays. Credit Hazelton and company for shutting down, and creating lots of turnovers against a pretty solid bevy of running backs and tight ends.

Special teams, a big issue currently. I noticed what must have been our special teams coordinator coming unglued on the sideline, and Bohl in his face when we couldn't deploy personnel after back to back timeouts in the second half. Rothe will place about half his kicks thru the uprights with a range of about 40 yards. Our new punter is young, and his late 2nd qtr gaffe is perplexing. But, thats what happens in big college games with 18 year olds, he needs to mature quickly.

I can't say how we'll do, and our B1G record slides to 1-20(?). I think we got a win at Wisconsin a couple decades ago. Bohl and the boys had some bright spots, they have work to do. We can bitch and complain all we want. Yet, this is who we are.

I met Joel Allen, (Josh's dad) in the RV lot tailgating at 10 am prior to the game. What a great guy, he commented his tiring of all the interviews on our prodigy JA. I believe Josh is still the top talent in this years pool of QB's. He will be as good as his talent develops around him. My next trip is Oregon, I'm hopeful of this year and we will continue to build a quality program under the tutelage and leadership of Craig Bohl. Go Pokes!

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:21 pm

I'm not necessarily gonna disagree, but I take exception to the comment that "the goal isn't to beat Iowa". Well then why the blazes do we play them in the first place?!? If our goal is to just win our mediocre conference year after year and that's good enough........ I dunno, that doesn't excite me. Yes I want to win the conference but more importantly I'd like to see the pokes compete at a national level. Obviously competing for a national championship is asking for the moon, but asking to compete for an occasional top 25 caliber program isn't to much to ask I don't think. But it's ok..... the goal isn't to beat Iowa or any power 5 schools as long as we win our poop conference. Are you on the board of trustees?...... because that type of acceptance of mediocrity is a rampant and blatant problem with too many freaking people associated with UW.
Are we watching the same Cowboy team? When was the last time we won our conference year after year???
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Wyoming beat Wisconsin in Madison in 1986 under Dennis Erickson.

I think being down a couple of our top receivers probably had a lot to do with everyone's frustrations.

Chaos on special teams is not cool, and I can't understand it.
Hawkeye Guy
Buckaroo

johnywyo wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:49 am My wife & I coughed up a couple hundred, traveled in to IC Friday night for our Pokes effort Saturday. Tough to watch for sure. But something happens after a good meal in downtown Chicago and a nice Hotel stay on Magnificent Mile, perspective.

We don't have a great running game against a strong B1G D line and when their linebackers and suspect (not) secondary are as disciplined and well coached as Iowa is, the play action and Josh's quick feet realized hardly a yard in the entire contest.

We could not capitalize on 3rd down, or 4th down as well. I think that is the main thing as a take away for Vigen to deconstruct, and the Offense to work on. Our line gave Josh time, we just don't have a lot of experience in skill positions come game time. I think we'll gain some help to improve in this area looking forward into coming games.

The Defense was good, outside of 3-4 plays. Credit Hazelton and company for shutting down, and creating lots of turnovers against a pretty solid bevy of running backs and tight ends.

Special teams, a big issue currently. I noticed what must have been our special teams coordinator coming unglued on the sideline, and Bohl in his face when we couldn't deploy personnel after back to back timeouts in the second half. Rothe will place about half his kicks thru the uprights with a range of about 40 yards. Our new punter is young, and his late 2nd qtr gaffe is perplexing. But, thats what happens in big college games with 18 year olds, he needs to mature quickly.

I can't say how we'll do, and our B1G record slides to 1-20(?). I think we got a win at Wisconsin a couple decades ago. Bohl and the boys had some bright spots, they have work to do. We can bitch and complain all we want. Yet, this is who we are.

I met Joel Allen, (Josh's dad) in the RV lot tailgating at 10 am prior to the game. What a great guy, he commented his tiring of all the interviews on our prodigy JA. I believe Josh is still the top talent in this years pool of QB's. He will be as good as his talent develops around him. My next trip is Oregon, I'm hopeful of this year and we will continue to build a quality program under the tutelage and leadership of Craig Bohl. Go Pokes!

Yah your "NFL QB" looked great with his 4.3 yards per attempt LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL LOL
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Hawkeye Guy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:34 am
johnywyo wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:49 am My wife & I coughed up a couple hundred, traveled in to IC Friday night for our Pokes effort Saturday. Tough to watch for sure. But something happens after a good meal in downtown Chicago and a nice Hotel stay on Magnificent Mile, perspective.

Yah your "NFL QB" looked great with his 4.3 yards per attempt LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL LOL
Looks like another Idiot Out Wandering Around has lost his way. Are you still drunk from yesterday?? Follow the smell of pig poop and fried butter to make it back home.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

LaradiseCowboy wrote:

Looks like another Idiot Out Wandering Around has lost his way. Are you still drunk from yesterday?? Follow the smell of pig poop and fried butter to make it back home.
Thanks bud, I ignore these clowns. I've never seen so many 300 pounders eating doughnuts in my life. Glad to be out of that state. Can't wait to make it back home to Laramie soon.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Hawkeye Guy
Buckaroo

johnywyo wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:05 am
LaradiseCowboy wrote:

Thanks bud, I ignore these clowns. I've never seen so many 300 pounders eating doughnuts in my life. Glad to be out of that state. Can't wait to make it back home to Laramie soon.

Deflect deflect deflect. I guess I would do that too if my team had just had its ass handed to it! Oh and my "NFL QB" looked like a junior high backup LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Hawkeye Guy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:11 am Deflect deflect deflect. I guess I would do that too if my team had just had its ass handed to it! Oh and my "NFL QB" looked like a junior high backup LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
WE FOUND HIM GUYS!!! HE'S FROM IOWA:

:rofl:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

johnywyo wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:49 am I can't say how we'll do, and our B1G record slides to 1-20(?). I think we got a win at Wisconsin a couple decades ago. Bohl and the boys had some bright spots, they have work to do. We can bitch and complain all we want. Yet, this is who we are.
For those wondering....Only win against a Big Ten school happened in 1986 (Dennis "The Weasel" Erickson's only year in Laramie). Wyoming beat Wisconsin in Madison at Camp Randell Stadium on September 27, 1986...Wyoming 21, Wisconsin 12. UW finished the year at 6-6.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:05 am
FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Are we watching the same Cowboy team? When was the last time we won our conference year after year???
Last time....1987 & 1988.