James Price Injury

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Out 6 weeks with broken clavicle. We don't return a lot of pass catchers. Looks like a freshman will need to step up
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

gopokes1399 wrote:Out 6 weeks with broken clavicle. We don't return a lot of pass catchers. Looks like a freshman will need to step up
poop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

That sucks

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Any word on who has the best hands of the receiving corp?

W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

not good
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

He's only going to be out six weeks, although 2 of those weeks are Iowa and Oregon.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:51 pm Any word on who has the best hands of the receiving corp?

From what I've read besides Price having the best hands followed by CJ, Okwoli seems to have the best hands. I've also heard good things about Jared and Dontae Crow. It will be interesting on how they use Austin now.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

My posterior extraction analysis of the situation: subtract an average of 9 points per game for the pokes with Price out.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:37 pm My posterior extraction analysis of the situation: subtract an average of 9 points per game for the pokes with Price out.
9 points?!?! That seems a bit extreme. IM not saying he isnt good or won't make a difference but 9 points?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:37 pm My posterior extraction analysis of the situation: subtract an average of 9 points per game for the pokes with Price out.
9 points?!?! That seems a bit extreme. IM not saying he isnt good or won't make a difference but 9 points?
With unproven WRs I think it's difficult to say. Maybe the next guy in is just as good. We don't know. If it was Gentry, maybe.

W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

maybe 0 pts is what I was thinking
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 am
Yes. Probably a bit extreme. But it doesn't mean Price would score 9 points. It means his contribution to moving the ball into scoring range would be very important. Of course others, particularly Conway with his quickness, could pick up the slack (if they can actually catch the ball as well)
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Price is the best receiver on the team so it will have some effect. Having Josh at qb though should minimize it to some degree.

Just need guys to get open. As long as the guys that are playing can get a little bit of seperation from their man and catch the ball we should be okay. Sucks not having Price for two of our toughest games though.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:49 am Price is the best receiver on the team so it will have some effect. Having Josh at qb though should minimize it to some degree.

Just need guys to get open. As long as the guys that are playing can get a little bit of seperation from their man and catch the ball we should be okay. Sucks not having Price for two of our toughest games though.
CJ is the best
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:49 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:49 am Price is the best receiver on the team so it will have some effect. Having Josh at qb though should minimize it to some degree.

CJ is the best
What I was thinking too.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

we shall be fine and it's time to find a new diamond in the rough, step up and help us be wonderful
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:49 pm

CJ is the best
Well Price or CJ. Point is you are taking out one of the top 2 receivers so someone needs to step up because it is a loss. So whoever comes in needs to some how get open and catch the ball.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I think Austin Conway may actually end up being the best this year. If he learned to run routes in the off-season he's going to be a nightmare to defend and a threat to score every time he catches it.

It's hard to say that Price is the best, when he probably has less than 10 catches in his entire career at UW.

I like Price, but it's hard to say who's the best, especially with a crew of unproven receivers that haven't even started for us yet.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:55 pm I think Austin Conway may actually end up being the best this year. If he learned to run routes in the off-season he's going to be a nightmare to defend and a threat to score every time he catches it.

It's hard to say that Price is the best, when he probably has less than 10 catches in his entire career at UW.

I like Price, but it's hard to say who's the best, especially with a crew of unproven receivers that haven't even started for us yet.
Like Donnell Pumphrey as a receiver. If he ever figures out crisp route running from the slot, watch out. There isnt a linebacker in the county who would be able to cover him
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:01 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:55 pm I think Austin Conway may actually end up being the best this year. If he learned to run routes in the off-season he's going to be a nightmare to defend and a threat to score every time he catches it.

Like Donnell Pumphrey as a receiver. If he ever figures out crisp route running from the slot, watch out. There isnt a linebacker in the county who would be able to cover him
Yep. He's a YAC machine.

National Champions 1943.

I do.