In Heaven There is No Beer...

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

...that's why we drink it here.

I'm one of those beer snobs who love trying new craft beers, though I won't turn down a PBR, Guinness, or Heineken, because those all still appeal to me. :)

I love drinking stouts and porters when it's cold outside, and I just polished off https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/southern- ... lat/81812/ this guy which my boss gave me as a Christmas present. It was excellent.

So. What are all y'all drinking?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Give me a Coors Light and I'm happy.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Had Southern Tier's pumpkin beer last year.. it was okay.

Had Abyss last night.. man. That's a damn fine beer. Deschutes does so many great beers.
ImageImageImageImage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

More of a light beer fan myself. Recently been jonesing on Dry Dock's Apricot Blonde. Delicious.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Oh man, where to start?! The Crooked Stave in The Source in Denver makes some really kickass sour beers. Coal Creek's scotch ale is amazing. Danielmarks (local Cheyenne brewery) makes a chili porter that is one of the best chili beers I've ever had. Freedom's Edge (another Cheyenne brewery) does an awesome oatmeal stout. Left Hand's milk stout is one of my all time favorite beers.

Don't get me wrong, I'll drink anything. I'm not gonna be a snob about it. That being said, I am all over the craft brew scene! We're up to three breweries in Cheyenne, and I couldn't be happier!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:21 am Oh man, where to start?! The Crooked Stave in The Source in Denver makes some really kickass sour beers. Coal Creek's scotch ale is amazing. Danielmarks (local Cheyenne brewery) makes a chili porter that is one of the best chili beers I've ever had. Freedom's Edge (another Cheyenne brewery) does an awesome oatmeal stout. Left Hand's milk stout is one of my all time favorite beers.

Don't get me wrong, I'll drink anything. I'm not gonna be a snob about it. That being said, I am all over the craft brew scene! We're up to three breweries in Cheyenne, and I couldn't be happier!
Crooked Stave does terrific beers. Wish I could get them up here. Love their sours. Have you had Ballast Point's Habanero Sculpin? Might be one of the hottest beers I've ever had. Rogue's Sriracha stout is pretty hot too, not as much of a gimmick as I thought it would be.

We've got seven breweries in Missoula now.. quite a lively craft beer scene here in Western Montana.
ImageImageImageImage
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Blacktooth here in the 307 has some damn good stuff too. Not an IPA guy but apparently theirs is good, I like the brown and amber. They have a porter in Laramie bars though that's real damn good
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

We did a brewery tour on Saturday.. hit 6 of the 8 breweries in the Bitterroot Valley. Pretty good day of drinking. Had a great sour at Lolo Peak Brewing, and another at Higher Ground Brewing. Great winter beer at Bitterroot Brewing. Good rum-oak barrel cider at Betterroot.

Lolo Peak Brewing:
http://www.lolopeakbrewery.com/our-beers/

Betterroot Ciders:
https://www.betterroot.com/ciders

Bandit Brewing:
https://www.facebook.com/banditbrewing/

Backroad Cider:
http://www.406cider.com/on-tap.html

Bitterroot Brewing:
http://www.bitterrootbrewing.com/beers/

Higherground Brewing:
http://highergroundbrewing.com/product-category/beer/
ImageImageImageImage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:20 pm Blacktooth here in the 307 has some damn good stuff too. Not an IPA guy but apparently theirs is good, I like the brown and amber. They have a porter in Laramie bars though that's real damn good
The Saddle Bronc Brown is so badass. I don't normally gravitate towards dark beer but I love this one.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

For those of you that appreciate a good sour, Crooked Stave makes a few tasty ones, but my all time favorite is still La Folie from New Belgium. They only brew it a few times a year and it is quite expensive ($16-20 for a 22 oz bottle), but it is a great one for those that haven't tried it.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:05 pm For those of you that appreciate a good sour, Crooked Stave makes a few tasty ones, but my all time favorite is still La Folie from New Belgium. They only brew it a few times a year and it is quite expensive ($16-20 for a 22 oz bottle), but it is a great one for those that haven't tried it.
La Folie is a great one for sure. O'Dell made one called Brazzle a few years ago that was fantastic, too. My favorite sour I've found so far is Love Child No. 7 by Boulevard Brewing, but it was a single batch brew, so will be hard to find.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:05 pm For those of you that appreciate a good sour, Crooked Stave makes a few tasty ones, but my all time favorite is still La Folie from New Belgium. They only brew it a few times a year and it is quite expensive ($16-20 for a 22 oz bottle), but it is a great one for those that haven't tried it.
I get La Folie for about $13/bottle. Still a good beer.

The Firestone Walker XX beer was REALLY good.. that one ran $22/bottle. The new Abyss's (the ones aged in brandy and scotch barrels) are running $21/bottle here. I hope they're good.. when I pop them next year.
ImageImageImageImage
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

This topic has given me a list of new beers to try.

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 am
wyokoke wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:20 pm Blacktooth here in the 307 has some damn good stuff too. Not an IPA guy but apparently theirs is good, I like the brown and amber. They have a porter in Laramie bars though that's real damn good
The Saddle Bronc Brown is so badass. I don't normally gravitate towards dark beer but I love this one.
Are you in Laramie? If you like that Saddle Bronc the Cowboy Joe Porter is maybe better and pretty similar. I'm sure other places around the state have it too but it's on tap only, no cans
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:44 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:24 am
Are you in Laramie? If you like that Saddle Bronc the Cowboy Joe Porter is maybe better and pretty similar. I'm sure other places around the state have it too but it's on tap only, no cans
I am in Cheyenne but make it over the hill pretty frequently. I have never heard of the Cowboy Joe Porter. It a Blacktooth creation as well?
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Yeah they released it for football season I believe. I'm not sure where all to find it, I heard front street has it and can confirm the Ranger has it, haha
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I found Cowboy Joe Porter on tap in Thermopolis while I was home for Christmas.
ImageImageImageImage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I googled it and found it on their website. It sounds delicious. SO does the Caught Looking Blonde....
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:57 pm I googled it and found it on their website. It sounds delicious. SO does the Caught Looking Blonde....
Other than the Hot Streak IPA they can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:03 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:57 pm I googled it and found it on their website. It sounds delicious. SO does the Caught Looking Blonde....
Other than the Hot Streak IPA they can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned
Agreed. I haven't had a beer by Blacktooth that wasn't spot on! Oh, and I would rather lick a cats asshole than drink an IPA.